[Question] I Am Adam, AMA. Dam AI.

Dave

Staff member
Is the picture of you sticking out your tongue supposed to be playfully ribbing us or some sort of sexual advance? Because the answer says how I'm reacting to it.

If you're a pretty girl, sexual advance. If you're not, playful ribbing. I am an equal opportunity offender.

How did you manage to get such a photogenic avatar picture like that?

Highlights of your trip to Montreal?

How have you been since you left me? :oops:

Favorite movie?

Favorite song?

Would the song have fit in the movie as part of the soundtrack?

Could the movie be cut into a trailer that portrays it as a different genre if that song was the trailer music?

What was your username before you change it to Adam?

Do you prefer cats or dogs?

Hamburgers or good hotdogs?

Do you do any of your own vehicle or home maintenance?

What... is your quest?

You're told that a small group of forumites are showing up at your place and expect you to entertain them. What do you do to make sure the party is fun?

Favorite nut?

What model of cellphone do you have? Do you pay a lot per month for it? Calculate how much you pay per day for it. Is it worth it? If you got rid of it how many movies could you watch a month instead? Does the phone entertain you more than that many movies? Does it provide a sense of security, affiliation, or some other benefit other than entertainment? How do you feel when you can't use it (left it behind, ran out of batteries, etc)? If @Dave called you, do you think you could make him laugh within 20 seconds after saying "hello"?

A

Anonymous

Anonymous

Who has been the biggest influence on your life? What lessons did that person teach you?

Who are your favorite posters? (TOP 3!) Why?

How did it feel to have your penis in a vagina (possibly) again?

Favorite food? (TOP 3!) Why?

What lessons have you learned from your relationships?

Favorite movie?

Moulin Rouge. SHUT UP!

Favorite song?

Tie between CCR - Fortunate Son and U2 - With or Without You. Winner would be CCR if I had to choose.

Would the song have fit in the movie as part of the soundtrack?

Oddly enough, perhaps. Bono did do some tracks for MR.

Could the movie be cut into a trailer that portrays it as a different genre if that song was the trailer music?

I'd love to see a war version of Moulin Rouge.

What was your username before you change it to Adam?

Adammon. What I lack for originality I make up for in ubiquity.

Do you prefer cats or dogs?

Cats. I need independent animals because I can't be bothered to baby a dog. If I wanted a baby, I'd adopt one.

Hamburgers or good hotdogs?

Hamburgers. A hotdog is a snack.

Do you do any of your own vehicle or home maintenance?

I mow my own lawn, does that count? That said, while I'm not handy, I can do some pretty basic stuff like mudding, sanding, painting, flooring. OH and I love roofing. I volunteer when my friends are redoing their roofs to come over and shingle. It's just repetitive work but for me it's a lot of fun. Not sure why.

What... is your quest?

To crush my enemies, see them driven before me, and to hear the lamentation of their women.This may also be what is best in life.

You're told that a small group of forumites are showing up at your place and expect you to entertain them. What do you do to make sure the party is fun?

I make sure that @Gusto isn't invited, then we all sit around and gossip about him like schoolgirls.

Favorite nut?

The kind reese's puts in it's pieces.

What model of cellphone do you have? Do you pay a lot per month for it? Calculate how much you pay per day for it. Is it worth it? If you got rid of it how many movies could you watch a month instead? Does the phone entertain you more than that many movies? Does it provide a sense of security, affiliation, or some other benefit other than entertainment? How do you feel when you can't use it (left it behind, ran out of batteries, etc)?

Lumping these all together. I have an iPhone provided by work and that's it. No other cellphones or telephone of any kind. It costs me $0 per month, $0 per day and it's totally worth that cost. If I got rid of it, I could watch no extra movies every month and conversely infinite more movies a month because I just pirate that shit. I do not find carrying my phone around with me as any kind of security or solace. I find it quite a bother at times and endeavour to rarely look at it unless bored at my parents house visiting. However, when I can't use it because it's dead or left behind (which is quite often), I do feel a little bit anxious because it seems like of our whole department that received work phones, I'm the only one who bothers to answer it off hours.

If @Dave called you, do you think you could make him laugh within 20 seconds after saying "hello"?

I'd probably end up laughing before he did. Simply because I would picture him looking strangely at this new fangled technology and wondering which end is making the Mickey Mouse sounds.[DOUBLEPOST=1377736824,1377736607][/DOUBLEPOST]Who has been the biggest influence on your life? What lessons did that person teach you?
My grandfather was the biggest influence on my life and probably where I see the most familiar connection to the way I trot my way through existence. He was an outgoing, gregarious, funny, whipsmart, sarcastic, kind man who was always willing to put forward a helping hand wherever possible. He also taught me a lot about being stupid, breaking rules, and how to extricate yourself from bad situations.

Who are your favorite posters? (TOP 3!) Why?
My favourite poster is @Krisken, simply because her point of view is so diametrically opposed to mine it's fun to try and figure out her point of view. It's fascinating to think that someone could have such dissimilar experiences and come to such dissimilar viewpoints and it's fun to challenge that. She's also pretty smart.

I am particularly fond of @Dave, simply because of all of the work he's put into this place.

And @Jay because no one else has offered for me to come visit them yet :(

More answers after dinner!

Cajungal

Staff member
What is the stupidest thing you've ever witnessed in real life (no movies, tv shows, commercials, etc)?

I make sure that @Gusto isn't invited, then we all sit around and gossip about him like schoolgirls.
This would literally break me. I would shatter. :cry:

Shit, I'm a 'her' again? When did that happen?

Me, after a long night and ready for bed.
IMG_0577.JPG

Oh, I dig your posts too, big guy!

Yeah, I was just going to post "since when is Krisken a girl again?"....
You're told that a small group of forumites are showing up at your place and expect you to entertain them. What Who do you do to make sure the party is fun?
?
And as another follow-up, who would you like best to be there? Say 5 forumites came over, from anywhere in the world. You're not allowed to just name 5 of the Forum hotties :p

How Long is a Chinese.

If you had to change careers, and you could become anything you want, but no matter what, you'll make "enough money to live without worrying, not enough to be rich", what sort of job would you do?

Since Leviticus says keeping slaves is acceptable if they're from any neighbouring country, why is it OK for Mexicans but not for Canadians?

you are given $50.000.000 and told to spend it all in a week. You can't give or spend it in any way to get it back later, or to profit off of it yourself afterwards. You can spend it on pretty much anything you want, be it for yourself or friends or family or charity (None of which will give you anything back afterwards). How do you distribute the money?

Women are fundamentally different from men, and it's impossible to understand them completely. Yes/No/Other + explanation in 500 words or less.

Owls are the most awesome hunting birds in the world. Yes/Yes/Certainly/Of course + explanation in 500 words or less.

How did it feel to have your penis in a vagina (possibly) again?

While most would TMI this question, seeing as I just tonight broke it off with clingy hotty, I feel the need to comment on this. Sex is awesome. It feels good, is great at relaxing stress and tension and is a great workout (at least the way I do it). My wife and I hadn't had sex for at least 6 months before we split, down from several times a week...or several times a day in some circumstances. We were very compatible in that regard. Dating has been eye opening to me in that the different layers of compatibility play a key role in the relationship and other components of that relationships. My last gf was hotter than the sun, and very in to me. But some emotional and intellectual barriers on my part made giving it my all in bed well nigh impossible. We could be going at it hot and heavy and suddenly....fizzle. Like someone sprayed me with a hose. I'd actually find myself tapping on her thigh or shoulders, depending on what was going on. And I have no answer for it. I just had to break it off and say, despite all these things that work, this one thing, while superficial just does not work for us. And shit did I try everything. Those fucking little blue pills are expensive....

Favorite food? (TOP 3!) Why?

Tuna steaks, seared just right with a garlic white wine sauce.
Spetzle, freshly made with anything.
Fresh homemade bread.

What lessons have you learned from your relationships?
Every relationship is different and the only common factor is me. So if all my relationships fail, chances are I'm doing something wrong.
Learn to cook. Chicks dig a guy that can cook.
The brain is the most sexual organ on your body.
You can learn to forgive, but its hard to forget. Put more effort into forgiving.
Tell people what you like, and you'll get more of it. The converse is also true.
You don't need to spend every second together.

What is the stupidest thing you've ever witnessed in real life (no movies, tv shows, commercials, etc)?
Too many to mention. One that springs to mind relates to my grandfather who had interesting ways of teaching me things.

I was 5, maybe 6 and we were changing the tire on one of the cars he kept around for entertainment value. They lived on three acres, not a huge tract of land by any means and he liked to fashion himself a used car salesman so there was always a car or two for me to drive around in. We're changing the tire and I stick my head into the wheel well and he grabs the back of my shirt and yanks back hard as he kicks out the jack from underneath the car. The intention was to scare me about being safe but all it did was made me question the intelligence of man who would teach a hard lesson with great risk for scare tactics. He also taught my brother not to fear water by holding him upside down by his ankles and dunking him in the pool....[DOUBLEPOST=1377791723,1377791682][/DOUBLEPOST]
Shit, I'm a 'her' again? When did that happen?
You're not a girl? *looks at picture* RIGHT. Now I remember.[DOUBLEPOST=1377791905][/DOUBLEPOST]
How do you make gifs?
When I was in Thailand, I rented out 1000 Thai people at $1 a year. To make a gif, I find a video or a picture I want to GIfize and then attach it to a sea faring bird of some kind to fly over to Thailand. One it lands, the Thai people first eat that bird, and then each individual working group composed of 10 Thai animators, 1 Thai whip-wielder and a Tauren Shaman gets to work putting together the individual frames.

Once the work group has finalized their frames, it's shipped off to Walmart for post-processing, collation and I get a nice printed CD with my name and picture on it :) Uploading is easy after that.

And as another follow-up, who would you like best to be there? Say 5 forumites came over, from anywhere in the world. You're not allowed to just name 5 of the Forum hotties :p

@ThatNickGuy, @Bubble181, @Frank, @Cajungal, @Shegokigo.

For my own reasons mostly, but either missed connections or just interesting people I'd like to meet.

How Long is a Chinese.

Shorter than Canadian, longer than Thai.

If you had to change careers, and you could become anything you want, but no matter what, you'll make "enough money to live without worrying, not enough to be rich", what sort of job would you do?

Director or Editor of films. I'd hire an awesome DP and we'd make action art house films with long single takes.

Since Leviticus says keeping slaves is acceptable if they're from any neighbouring country, why is it OK for Mexicans but not for Canadians?

We're the US hat, not neighbour :D

you are given $50.000.000 and told to spend it all in a week. You can't give or spend it in any way to get it back later, or to profit off of it yourself afterwards. You can spend it on pretty much anything you want, be it for yourself or friends or family or charity (None of which will give you anything back afterwards). How do you distribute the money?

I would donate it all to the charitable foundation I run, and then walk away from it, knowing that they'll be financially solvent forever and be able to make positive contributions into my community. I might give my parents and siblings a couple million. My ex-wife a million as well.

Women are fundamentally different from men, and it's impossible to understand them completely. Yes/No/Other + explanation in 500 words or less.

I don't think it's a good idea to understand the opposite gender completely. That mystery and that process of discovery is what drives us forward as couples. Yes, we're fundamentally different. Thank god.

Owls are the most awesome hunting birds in the world. Yes/Yes/Certainly/Of course + explanation in 500 words or less.

Agreed. they are awesome.

I must grudgingly admit I can think of worse answers than those. Fair enough, you may live....For now. Or until after that party, 'cause it sounds like a fun bunch ;)

Cajungal

Staff member
Man, I feel like the internet somehow obscures my uninterestingness.

Adam, what's the best thing you can cook?

Man, I feel like the internet somehow obscures my uninterestingness.

Adam, what's the best thing you can cook?
Tuna steaks.

This is the dinner I made for clingy girl and I on Tuesday. Seared Tuna Steaks, garlic white wine penne and sauteed broccolini.

My issue is that I'm really uncomfortable cooking for other people. When it's just me cooking, if I screw it up (Which I have in the past) it's not such a big deal. When I'm cooking for someone else, it's horrifying. I'm so scared that the person is going to find it undercooked or disgusting, overspiced, underspiced, etc. So I've never done it. Hell, when I was married I maybe only cooked a full meal twice or thrice. And that was stressful enough for someone who presumably would have loved me regardless. Now I cook for a relative stranger and while no one's been rude enough to say 'OMG this is horribad', it's always rattling in the back of my head.

Truthfully, the thing I have the hardest time is making sure everything comes out completed at the same time. I can cook individual items without too much stress - but I also do a lot of prework to make sure all the ingredients are gathered together, veggies are shredded, spices are premixed so I just dump stuff in at appropriate times.

If you were given a time machine and told to go stop Hitler would you murder him or travel to the period where he was trying to an artist, buy one of his paintings, and encourage him to keep making art?

If you were given a time machine and told to go stop Hitler would you murder him or travel to the period where he was trying to an artist, buy one of his paintings, and encourage him to keep making art?
Nah, I'd find a hot jewish woman and set him up with her. Thus negating and propogating the name "Hitler" throughout the Jewish community for all of time. And then it would be a silly little inside joke that I wouldn't tell anyone else.