[Food] How many times can you re-heat pizza?

How many times can you re-heat pizza?

• I only eat fresh pizza. It cannot be re-heated.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Once

Votes: 21 70.0%
  • Twice

Votes: 2 6.7%
  • Three to four times

Votes: 1 3.3%
  • Five or more times - it tasted like cardboard originally anyway.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • It depends on so many variables - I will answer, at length, below.

Votes: 6 20.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Considering the method you most commonly use to re-heat pizza, how many times can you re-heat it before you refuse to eat it?

You can re-heat it once. The crust might stop being entirely edible (depends on the dough), but the main part of the pie is still 100% edible.

After that, it's like plastic.

Pizza from a major chain cannot be reheated... it tastes worse than cardboard after a single reheating and gets too dried out to even consider reheating again. Homemade deep-dish pizza can be reheated once, in the microwave, one piece at a time - but you have to reheat it until the cheese melts and slides off the pizza onto the plate and the crust gives off steam. I've never tried to reheat Chicago style deep-dish pizza, because I've only had one occasion to eat it, and I didn't have any leftovers.

Pizza from a major chain cannot be reheated... it tastes worse than cardboard after a single reheating and gets too dried out to even consider reheating again. Homemade deep-dish pizza can be reheated once, in the microwave, one piece at a time - but you have to reheat it until the cheese melts and slides off the pizza onto the plate and the crust gives off steam. I've never tried to reheat Chicago style deep-dish pizza, because I've only had one occasion to eat it, and I didn't have any leftovers.

Eugh. If you must reheat, reheat in a pan. Toaster oven works, too.

Once. Just like with everything else that can be reheated. If you have more than you can eat in one reheating, divide in portions before freezing.

Cold pizza is pretty good though, so there's that.

GasBandit

Staff member
I've never had to reheat pizza more than once. Generally after initial consumption, the leftovers are reheated a slice or two at a time while the rest stays in the fridge. Are there people who actually put an entire leftover pizza in to just eat two slices and then re-refridgerate it?

I've never had to reheat pizza more than once. Generally after initial consumption, the leftovers are reheated a slice or two at a time while the rest stays in the fridge. Are there people who actually put an entire leftover pizza in to just eat two slices and then re-refridgerate it?
This basically.

Pizza can be reheated an infinite number of times, by definition.
However, the maximum number of times before I will refuse to eat it is usually about twice...not because I have anything against it being reheated, but because of the amount of time the pizza would need to hang around to get to a 3rd reheating is usually also enough that it would not be worth eating at that point. Thus:

Day 1: Fresh pizza. W00t! (nom nom nom)
Day 2-4: A bit dry. A quick zap will fix that! (nom nom nom)
Day 5-7: Ooo, that's old. I'll reheat it enough to make it safe to eat again. (nom nom ouch hot nom)
Day 8+: I'm not eating that.

--Patrick

GasBandit

Staff member
So you actually DO reheat the whole pizza just to eat part of it? Why not just zap it a piece or two at a time?

A long time ago when Bush was President, (his dad not W) the local chain used to have $5 medium pepperoni pizzas during exam week. Used to get a max 25 per customer. It was permitted to reheat them once.

You can reheat pizza millions and millions of times.

You should reheat pizza only once and rarely even that often.

I guess my favorite Pizza place is the goldie locks of Pizza places.

The size is "just right".

figmentPez

Staff member
I don't understand the question. Why would I ever need to reheat more than once?
The only times I've needed to reheat pizza more than once was when reheating leftovers for my entire family, and I couldn't pin people down to how many pieces they wanted. So it all went in the oven and leftovers from that went back to the fridge.

Restaurant pizza: Once, otherwise it will get too dry.

Frozen pizza: At least 2-3 times. Depends on the brand.

Chain pizza: Never. It will taste awful. In fact, it shouldn't even be eaten when warm. Give it to the dog...no wait that is animal cruelty. Let it get moldy and use if for compost.

figmentPez

Staff member
Chain pizza: Never. It will taste awful. In fact, it shouldn't even be eaten when warm. Give it to the dog...no wait that is animal cruelty. Let it get moldy and use if for compost.
There is such a thing as a good pizza chain. Although I personally find some Pizza Huts, Papa John's, etc. to be acceptable, I understand how others don't; but I really would like to know who doesn't find Russo's pizza to be excellent, and they are a fairly large chain.

There is such a thing as a good pizza chain. Although I personally find some Pizza Huts, Papa John's, etc. to be acceptable, I understand how others don't; but I really would like to know who doesn't find Russo's pizza to be excellent, and they are a fairly large chain.
I have never heard of that one, and since it has only 26 locations that makes sense. I personally cannot eat most big chain pizzas, especially Dominoes. Its just such a boring flavor, and it just leaves me unfulfilled. Just like most new Fox TV shows.

Status
Not open for further replies.