Hostage Situation at Discovery Channel Headquarters, MOAR SHARK WEEK

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why did only Future Weapons get a shout out?

You'd think he'd have thrown some hate at Man vs Wild, or demanded that Mythbusters remove their "don't try at home" warning.

Dude should have run for congress, aside from the whole shooting people thing he's got a strong platform, you know, crazy, but strong.

I'm not certainly for the idea of stopping all human reproduction, but certainly for the idea of adding some restrictions or something. Certainly MUCH better sex education for teens. Maybe the X number of kids limit like China has (or had?). Then again, that led to a very large numbr of [strike]children being put up for adoption[/strike] women being pulled out of their homes and having their pregnancies aborted against their will, then sterilized, and female babies being left to die in rural areas due to cultural preference for males. I really don't know, truth be told.
Fixed (see Troll, we can all fix things). Hey, you had one good point though! You really don't know.

Those begging for population control laws should stop having sex.

And if the adoption thing were the case, why would that be a problem? Those adopting kids would then have less need to procreate.

When I get the money saved up, since insurance won't cover it.

If you were asking truth about the changes to your post--yeah, that's true. I see a lot of issues involving it in my job.

Stop overlooking reasonable suggestions like better sex education and fixating on the outrageous parts. I don't agree with child limits and NO ONE wants something as grotesque as forced abortion/sterilization. Overpopulation is a real problem, though, and something needs to be done. People should be encouraged (not forced in any way) to limit the size of their families.

C

Chibibar

Stop overlooking reasonable suggestions like better sex education and fixating on the outrageous parts. I don't agree with child limits and NO ONE wants something as grotesque as forced abortion/sterilization. Overpopulation is a real problem, though, and something needs to be done. People should be encouraged (not forced in any way) to limit the size of their families.
Child Tax? paying more taxes for having more children?
education limit? 1st child is covered via federal funding while all other children need to pay the government in full for education?
cut out benefits on welfare of you have more than one child? i.e. you get a minus per children instead of plus.

all sounds horrible cause the public would never go for it.

GasBandit

Staff member
These are all very complicated methods that rely on people's following rules to enforce. We DO already have an age-tested tried-and-true method of reducing population. Seems we're about due (and in the right geopolitical situation) for the next one to come along any year now, too.

C

Chibibar

These are all very complicated methods that rely on people's following rules to enforce. We DO already have an age-tested tried-and-true method of reducing population. Seems we're about due (and in the right geopolitical situation) for the next one to come along any year now, too.
while I believe we may not actually use thermal nuclear weapon, I can't say for some countries where they can "afford" to lose millions of people and use them anyway :(

Status
Not open for further replies.