[MLB] Honkbal 2013

43 strikeouts in three games.
After scoring eight in their first game, they have gone 18 innings without scoring a run.
20 other players in the major leagues have salaries this year higher than their entire payroll.

Some things we've learned so far:

1. The Houston Astros are a bad baseball team, no matter what league they're in.
  2. The New York Yankees, as currently constituted, are not going to win anything anytime soon.
  3. The Washington Nationals are a pretty good ballclub.
  4. The Miami Marlins... not so much.
  5. Justin Upton's move to Atlanta was a good idea.
  6. Bryce Harper has a good swing.

7. The Giants still have one of the best rotations in baseball, despite an endless stream of stories about Lincecum's demise, Cain being overhyped, Zito "falling back to Earth", and Vogelsong "playing above his career numbers."

8. The Orioles were not a fluke last year.

9. The Phillies are old and broken down, despite the fantasy world many of their fans live in.

Zappit

Staff member
Way to go, Sox! That's how you bounce back from getting two-hit the day before. Will Middlebrooks blasts three home runs, and a fan rushed him in the ninth inning.

In the bottom of the ninth, a fan jumped out of the stands and ran toward Middlebrooks at third base, his hand extended. Security tackled the fan and dragged him off the field.

''He said he was happy to meet me and then he got tackled,'' Middlebrooks said. ''He started to say something else and then he got drilled. That was a good tackle.

''He got pretty close,'' Middlebrooks added. ''I didn't know if he was going to make it. I was trying to time it out of the corner of my eye. I was like `Am I going to have to shake this guy's hand?'''
I got a kick out of that.

Yeesh... we gotta send this kid back down to the minors. Worked 2/3 of an inning and gave up 6 runs. To the Astros.

To be fair to the young rookie, he only gave up 6 runs. His three relievers have given up another 9 since they pulled him. But hey, we've got 5 runs... we're only down 15 to 5. We can come back from that, right?

Heh. Nope. Instead, our closer gave up another homer in the 9th, and our rally fell just a bit short, and we proved once again that we can lose to anyone if we put our minds to it.

The sad thing is, we did a pretty decent job of hitting tonight. We scored 9 runs, 4 of them in the 9th. We just happened to lose by 7 runs. To the Astros.

So Gared... you guys suck
No shit. You know who loses consistently to the Astros? The new worst team in baseball. Every year it's the same damn thing too, we start out with two and a half good pitchers, we manage to get up to three and a half, and then we trade away one of our pitchers, and it's back to square one. Granted, Pineda being injured and not playing for NY makes the argument a little weak, but it's still there.

And yet another hearty congratulations is owed to the Mariners for their stunning ability to lose games. After intentionally walking the bases full in the 8th inning, we managed to walk in two runs. Though, at that point those were just two more insurance runs that Detroit really didn't need.

My brother and I are about to go celebrate his friend's birthday. Said friend is also a Dodgers fan. So we're bringing him a cake:

Trevor's Giants Cake.png

B

BErt

And yet another hearty congratulations is owed to the Mariners for their stunning ability to lose games. After intentionally walking the bases full in the 8th inning, we managed to walk in two runs. Though, at that point those were just two more insurance runs that Detroit really didn't need.
...and since those two "gift" runs, we've managed a whole 3 runs in the last 4 games. Clearly, we have contracted some horrible disease of ineptitude from the Mariners :p

Meanwhile, the Cubs are being the Cubs.

There is something about left fielders for the Cubs and Milwaukee that don't seem to mix.

...and since those two "gift" runs, we've managed a whole 3 runs in the last 4 games. Clearly, we have contracted some horrible disease of ineptitude from the Mariners :p
And we haven't scored in the last two games. I don't know how they managed it, but the Mariners are actually worse this year than they were last year.

Man, I was really looking forward to the Lastros joining our division, because it meant that the Moroners would finally have a team they could consistently win against. Now I just feel foolish.

It's been difficult to keep to my pledge of not watching or listening to Pirates games this year, but I have.

That said...MUCK FILWAUKEE. :fu: