[MLB] Honkbal 2013

So, on a completely and utterly unrelated note... I hear the Cubs are interviewing Wedge to replace Baker. I can't decide if they're completely pants-on-head retarded; or if I want to see them hire him and win the World Series next year just to drive yet another nail into the "Jack Z needs to go" Mariners coffin.
Baker?

There are stupid rumors all over the place regarding who the Cubs are interviewing/hiring. The only one with any merit is that the Cubs were waiting until the Series is over because they wanted to interview someone in either the Boston or St. Louis org, likely Sox coach John Lovullo

Baker, Sveum, who knows. Whomever they fired, Wedge isn't likely to fix their problems.

Crap... who did Dusty Baker manage?

It's amazing how many people out here in Oklahoma are suddenly "lifelong" Red Sox fans, but can't name a player from any previous roster.
This happens here every time there is a championship game. All of a sudden there were Cards and Sox hats and shirts every where. Same in '04. It makes a little sense for there to be St Louis fans around here. I would expect Rangers and Astros fans here. There will be when they make it to the WS. Then again, when I was a kid, I was an A's fan (especially after 89).

Oh man, I remember all the Giants and A's posters I had up in my room during and after the 89 season. If only kid Cheesy knew that most of those players would later come out as being roided up all to hell.

Because no kid thinks their sports heroes are dirty, especially back then before all the steroids scandals really marred everything.

Oh , joy. The A's getting stuck with another stadium sharing plan?

If it were my team, and I had deep enough pockets and big enough balls, I'd have a new destination lined up, a fleet of Mayflowers on standby, and a battalion of PR flacks to put the blame squarely on Alemeda County. And the Raiders.

Fuck Mount Davis.

...and stay the fuck out of AT&T park. That's our house, not yours. Go back to your own side of the bay.

But where do you send the A's? I don't think Lew Wolff wants to be the first guy to put an MLB team in Vegas, baby.

Nice to hear that one of my favorite Astros is now the manager of the Tigers. I hope this will be a good fit for both the team and Brad Ausmus.

It must be nice to walk into a playoff caliber team for your first Big League manager's position.

But where do you send the A's? I don't think Lew Wolff wants to be the first guy to put an MLB team in Vegas, baby.
Clorox offered to buy some waterfront property in Oakland where they can build a new stadium, in exchange for advertising and naming rights of the structure. Wolff won't take the deal because he would still have to help pay for the construction of the new stadium. The asshole is looking for Oakland to pay 100% of the construction, or he wants to head somewhere else. If he would just pay for his own facilities this would have been settled long ago.

So, in other words, I don't care where he goes. This whole issue is his fault in the first place. The best thing that could happen to the A's would be if he sold the team.

But don't try to horn in on the Giant's success. The A's are better than that. They have their own fanbase, and the team shouldn't ditch those people by moving to SF (even temporarily).

B

BErt

The Tigers cut $30MIL, 53lbs and a top 20 pitcher from their roster.

I am less than optimistic for next year.

The Giants are continuing their bad habit of signing old and/or injury-prone players to fill vital gaps in their roster. It worked in 2010 and 2012, let's forget all those times it didn't work! We'll catch lightning in a bottle a third time, honest!

Meh. I knew they were probably gonna give Aoki a ticket out of town for Braunie. That they got a pitcher in return is good.

That and $3.75 will get me a tall Latte Americano at Starbucks, though.

EDIT: Oh. I didn't see that about Sunglasses. Hm. Welp. He can be the M's medical staff's issue now.