[MLB] Honkbal 2013

Sorry, but I really feel like that was a long time coming. He shouldn't have been able to wiggle out of that first suspension.

Sorry, but when it comes PED's in professional sports, it needs to be a "One & Done" policy. That's the only way to send a serious message that it won't be tolerated. Unfortunately, the leagues make way too much money off of these super-humans to actually do anything like that.

Sorry, but I guess I kinda liked the idea that I had a good baseball team to watch between the Super Bowl and Training Camp every year.

Swept at home by the fucking Cubs, hitting .147 with runners in scoring position over the last 32 games, 10 games out of the lead in one of the weakest divisions in baseball...

Here lies the SF Giants 2013 Season. Started with such promise, ended with such shame.

no one's ever out of the NL West
You clearly haven't watched the Giants play a game since June. I have been a Giants fan all my life, and I have NEVER seen them play as poorly as they are playing right now. Not even those terrible teams in the mid-to-late 2000's. And what makes it so frustrating is that they won the World Series just last year with almost the same team. They have the potential to be good, but they're playing like absolute shit.

Zappit

Staff member
Wow. Now THAT was a comeback by the Sox. Six runs in the bottom of the ninth. The best part had to be Harold Reynolds just losing his damn mind and pouting HARD.

Twitter bandwagoners already calling tonight the start of the "collapse". Like they've done after ever loss since the beginning of June.

Wow. Now THAT was a comeback by the Sox. Six runs in the bottom of the ninth. The best part had to be Harold Reynolds just losing his damn mind and pouting HARD.
Damnit, I thought we'd gotten past that when we got rid of Brandon "the Blown Save" League.

One foot more. Had Pence been playing one foot closer to the plate, we'd be talking about perfection here.

C'est la vie.

I would find it incredibly funny if the Pirates got to the Wild Card game against Cincinnati, and the Reds would win it when their left fielder throws out McCutcheon at the plate (trying to score the tying run) for the final out of the game.

Only three more days until the Pirates finally wake up and realize, "Whoa, hey, we're in the playoffs?" and lose to the Reds in the Wild Card Play-in Game. ;)

So. If Tampa and Texas win, and Cleveland loses, we have... a three way tie for the wild card.

If I have this correct, we would get two playoff games to get to the Wild Card game.

In the event of a three-way tie for the two wild card spots, Tampa Bay would travel to Cleveland on Monday for the first tiebreaker game. The winner would get a wild card berth. The loser would travel to Texas for the second tiebreaker game. The winner of that game would get the other wild card spot. Once the two wild card teams are determined, revert to two-team tiebreaking scenarios to determine home field for the wild card. Tampa Bay would host Cleveland. The Rays would travel to Texas.
Oy vey.

Now that, ladies and gentlemen, is how you end a baseball season.

Henderson Alvarez, in front of 28,315 (most disguised as empty seats that will brag years from now that they were there), pitches nine innings of no-hit baseball... but walks off the mound because the Marlins had failed to score.

And then, with two outs and the bases loaded, Luke Putkonen throws a wild pitch, allowing Giancarlo Stanton to score from third - and get mugged by the winning pitcher who was standing on the on-deck circle.

Thank goodness... the season is over. No more Mariners games to muddle through, no more hearing the local morning news start off stories about injured players with "Of course, the Mariners lost last night, but..."; no more having to hope against hope that they'd win at least as many games as last year (they missed that one by 4 games). Now we can concentrate on hoping the Seahawks start showing up for games before the 4th quarter.

With Russell Wilson, I don't think you'll have to worry about that issue.

And the season ain't over, kids: game 163, Tampa Bay at Texas, to determine the second wild card.

Would it make you happy that I'd wear a Brooklyn cap instead? :D

Sorry, I guess I still have this thing about teams that book for points south from my native state.