Holy Crap you guys are still here

Status
Not open for further replies.
I

IncredibleGeek

In a fit of drunkenness I decided to delve into the Internet Past and holy shit I found you guys. Does North_Ranger still have a beard? Is Tiq still psychopathic? Does anyone remember Kidspider?

This is weird, man. You guys are like, still here, and stuff. Shit.

I

IncredibleGeek

That's all you got? JCM should be in here tearing me apart already.

North_Ranger

Staff member
Yup, we're still here. My beard is thinner these days, mostly due to some pretty heavy medical news I got last year, but otherwise I'm still my own pants-hating Finnish self. We've lost a few folks, gained some new folks, and the forums are still rolling ;)

And I think JCM's gone mainly because he's teaching his son how to commit awesome murder with cupcakes. Y'know, for the day when the son has to avenge his father.

Dave

Staff member
JCM has like 3 kids now and is a teacher. I still gab with him occasionally on Facebook.

Were we supposed to disappear?

I TOLD you not to use tear gas for this!
Yeah well you ALSO told me to keep the tear gas bombs handy, just in case we need to disperse some hippies. I mean, I only have so many pockets, you know. It's not like I can fit a utility belt around my ninja uniform.

GasBandit

Staff member
You joined the same day as me :p

The member since date in your profile tells you when you first signed in.

I'm not counting anything prior to Halforums itself.
Oh, when you said "hanging around with you a-holes" I thought it meant across all boards.

Actually, now that I think about it, it was about a year before transformers came out. I specifically joined to get into an argument with JCM about the flame paint on Optimus Prime and that was when the first picture of him was leaked. So, probably 6 years total.

GasBandit

Staff member
I lurked for a long time, but I didn't become an active participant until... I dunno, 2000 or so? I think? Hard to remember. And everybody else keeps changing their avatars so you guys always seem like strangers to me every 8 months or so.

I've only had 5-6 avatars. My first was my undead priest from WoW (my username was creepshow on the PvP boards). My second was undead Orville Reddenbacher. Then David Bowie's Aladdin Sane cover. Then Harry Potter made up as the Aladdin Sane album cover. Then it was just David Bowie, then the actual photograph of my current avatar, now the one I'll probably keep forever.

I lurked for a long time, but I didn't become an active participant until... I dunno, 2000 or so? I think? Hard to remember. And everybody else keeps changing their avatars so you guys always seem like strangers to me every 8 months or so.
You seem stranger to me too :)

I joined the Image boards but never posted and had only just begun at Halfpixel before the thing happened. Then I joined here and barely posted for a year. Not even lurking or anything. Weird.

Status
Not open for further replies.