HH4 poll - Sexual Orientation mod?

Do you want to specify your Sim's sexual preference?

• Yes, I think that's an important part of the character.

Votes: 5 22.7%
  • I am not particularly concerned with my sim's sexual preference.

Votes: 5 22.7%
  • I could go either way (ba-dum TISH) and am content with whatever the others in this poll decide.

Votes: 12 54.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

GasBandit

Staff member
So, today I discovered that, in Sims 4, all sims basically are bisexual. Rather, they start out with no particular preference for what gender they find attractive, and then the more flirting happens, the more it shapes their preference.

I also discovered there is a mod to "Fix" this, so that sim characters can be given a preference.

For those who are participating, do you want me to use this mod to add your preference, or is everybody happy with bisexuality?

Meh, I don't care.

But I understand some people have very strong feelings about gender pairings for themselves, and might get upset if their virtual avatar hooked up with a sim whose gender they might consider inappropriate.

I'll just say this issue has raised the hackles of some users of a certain adult-themed mod. It makes for some rather interesting animations.

As for me, play mine straight, please.

My Sim may resemble me, but he is not me, and so is free to live whatever life he chooses for himself.

--Patrick

My Sim will woohoo anyone willing to take him. Though I'm sure he'll be faithful, insofar as any option to the contrary might appear.

GasBandit

Staff member
Meh, I don't care.

But I understand some people have very strong feelings about gender pairings for themselves, and might get upset if their virtual avatar hooked up with a sim whose gender they might consider inappropriate.
You'd probably be amused to know that how I discovered the situation was, in running a test-run to make sure the house I was working on would behave as expected, Sim-Tin started seducing the heck out of Sim-Gas, and Sim-Gas kinda liked it.

You'd probably be amused to know that how I discovered the situation was, in running a test-run to make sure the house I was working on would behave as expected, Sim-Tin started seducing the heck out of Sim-Gas, and Sim-Gas kinda liked it.
Well, of course you would if I were doing it. :unibrow:

Nah..I posted Livin on a Prayer right at the timestamp where he goes "whooo-oah, we're halfway there". In response to Gas saying it was plausible I could chat him up ;)
Right, and now I'm sorry I didn't include the timestamp right at the start of "Take me in your arms..."

--Patrick

Coming soon: Twitch Sings Gas and Tin duet of Splash Free. Cuz you guys thirsty :p

I've been considering doing Twitch Sings....but my voice is awful.

You know how in elementary school, the music teacher calls you up one at a time to have you sing solo, so they can determine if you're a soprano or whatever? Mine told me "take up an instrument"

She also told me that when we were singing on stage in the cafeteria for me to just move my lips, and nobody would know.

I've been considering doing Twitch Sings....but my voice is awful.

You know how in elementary school, the music teacher calls you up one at a time to have you sing solo, so they can determine if you're a soprano or whatever? Mine told me "take up an instrument"
Excuse me, did you *see* me playing?

This is the quality content you are missing on Discord.

View attachment 28780
You know, in the other thread I was about to comment that Gas should stop worrying about how many people aren't redhaired in the game because we all know he just bought Sims 4 to run a version where it's just him with a redheaded harem. Thank you for the confirmation.

GasBandit

Staff member
You know, in the other thread I was about to comment that Gas should stop worrying about how many people aren't redhaired in the game because we all know he just bought Sims 4 to run a version where it's just him with a redheaded harem. Thank you for the confirmation.
That conversation was in reference to the poll results pointing to everyone wanting me to be a complete puppet master :p

But now you've planted the idea in my head sooooo...

It's more realistic to say that if he has full control it can't "just happen" by accident anymore, so it won't happen. :p