[Announcement] HF Secret Santa 2018 - Midterm Madness Edition

This. I'm kinda wondering if it might not be time for a "wellness check" or something of the sort.
Which is what I intended my earlier question to be, but you confirmed he still logged on. I really do care more for his well-being than for some random gift, I assure you ;)

Maybe he had an economic issue. Shit happens.
Eh that's no excuse to not give a quick "sorry I can't do it because..."
Pride has made people do stuff that’s even harder to believe. As someone who has suffered from that malady plenty of times, I assure you that the “I’ll just not say anything at all until I’m ready” option can be very appealing, even in the face of logic.

Also re: my 2/2, it is listed as having shipped Jan20, but due to weather/customs I’m more than willing to extend the waiting period.

—Patrick

WELL...

First of all, this would've been up a lot sooner if gift #2 hadn't waited until MARCH to actually arrive. But here they are! (were? The pics were all taken Mar 1st)
001.jpg

Since it's been nearly 3 months on top of that, let's just Escher our way right into the first one (the one that came on time), shall we?
002.jpg

Hmm, well at least it looks like it came to the right place.
003.jpg

That's...a lot of "unimportant" words on a very mauve piece of paper to tell me about my new...Klein Bottle!
Yes, this definitely qualifies as a “geeky” gift, and it’s something I’ve debated adding to my knick-knack cabinet off and on since college. But wait, there’s more papers...
004.jpg

005.jpg

006.jpg

I tellya, this gift’s got layers...but only one surface! Ha! Little bit of topological humor, there.
007.jpg

At least half the gift is these papers and the history behind this object. Even the Wikipedia page for the clearly insane passionate proprietor of the Klein bottle store is all kinds of geekery. I mean, look at this:
He stores his [Klein bottle] inventory in the crawlspace underneath his home and accesses it when needed with a homemade miniature robotic forklift.
See? This is obviously a guy I can look up to as a role model.

...but what about the other package? The one that took forever to finally arrive? It appears to be... Tea!
008.jpg

009.jpg

010.jpg

A close-up of the two packets:
011.jpg

Let’s load up my teacup diffuser (heh) with the spiced one and give it a snort, shall we?
012.jpg

013b.jpg

And then of course that classic tea pose. Also beard, because it was still February when this photo was taken.
Also eyes and color balance askew because it's hard to take a good picture in your bathroom mirror.
014.jpg

Gotta say the Wolfe's flavor is not as aggressively spiced as I had hoped, but it's still tasty. The Moriartea one, though? Its taste really does evoke upholstered chairs, books, and a brick fireplace surrounded by various mechanical brass curiosities.

Well there ya go, secret Santa (and all you viewers at home), sorry to keep y'all waiting so long.

--Patrick