Export thread

HF Secret Santa 2016 - Make Santa Great Again Edition

Tress

Tress

I know it may seem a bit early, but I thought I would get ahead of it this year. If you want to ignore this for a few weeks, be my guest.

What is it?
It's a Secret Santa between your fellow halforumites. Everyone who signs up will be randomly assigned another participant. You are then tasked to buy that person a gift. As a recipient, you should leave a few hints in a post to this thread as to what sort of interests you have.

Rules and Info
  • To sign up, send me a PM with your email address, shipping address, and any gift rules/restrictions. Be sure to specify whether or not you would accept NSFW or "adult" gifts (such as alcohol/sex themed gifts). Also, please specify if you are unwilling/unable to ship internationally.
  • International people are allowed. If you would prefer not to get an international person, indicate so when you sign up. It may be the case that if you restrict your choice to local shipping then matching might not work out and you may be left out - I'll let you know once the matching is complete if that's the case. So far we've always been able to match everyone that wanted to participate and meet their shipping requirements.
    -International Shipping Links: USPS, Customs Forms
    -Tips for shipping in and out of Canada
    -Remember to allow extra shipping time when shipping outside of your home country
  • Who can sign up?
    To keep things fair, only those with a join date earlier than April 15, 2016 and more than a handful of posts will be allowed to participate (for obvious reasons). If you would like to participate and don't fall under the requirements then you will just have to wait until next year. The final say of who can join this activity will be entirely up to Dave so there may be exceptions, but the final word is final. Don't complain if special dispensation is not made for you. This goes for those who may be disincluded as well.
  • The deadline for signing up will be November 28th. After that day, Santas will be randomly assigned by computer. You will be sent an email or PM shortly after with the information of whom you will be drawing a gift for.
  • Recommended gift value is $5 to $25. Feel free to spend as much as you want, just be aware that the more you spend, the less likely you will receive a gift of equal value. Also, homemade/handmade gifts are allowed, and even encouraged (no homemade food please).
  • ABSOLUTE FINAL DEADLINE FOR GIFTS SENT IS DECEMBER 15th! PEOPLE WHO DO NOT SEND GIFTS BY DECEMBER 15th WILL BE TIED DOWN AND LEFT TO DRY OUT IN THE DROUGHT-RAVAGED CALIFORNIA COUNTRYSIDE. NO EXCEPTIONS. If you are not CERTAIN you will be able to send a gift, then don't sign up.
  • Do not complain about your gift, conversely, try to send something you think the other person will like.
  • You MUST post pictures of your gift when you receive it. No exceptions.
  • UNLESS SPECIFIED AS SOMETHING THEY WOULD LIKE, PLEASE DO NOT SEND NSFW OR ALCOHOLIC GIFTS. Please note that many states/nations have rules about shipping alcohol, so when in doubt, choose another gift.
  • CAN I SHIP SOMETHING STRAIGHT FROM AMAZON OR SOMETHING?
    Yes you can, and it's a good idea to shop at your person's home country's Amazon site (www.amazon.ca for instance) if you want to save a bit on shipping.
  • SHIP WELL IN ADVANCE
    Get your act together NOW and ship your stuff by Dec 15th to make sure it arrives before the crazy Christmas rush that always happens at the latter half of December.
As people sign up, I will post a list showing their names. When we move on to the next step, I'll be sure to update that too.

Santa List:
  1. Tinwhistler
  2. Steinman
  3. Denbrought
  4. Chad Sexington
  5. Cog
  6. Hylian
  7. Dave
  8. jwhouk
  9. Squidleybits
  10. PatrThom
  11. Emrys
  12. GasBandit
  13. blotsfan
  14. Celt Z
  15. MadeYaBlush
  16. Dei
  17. Bubble181
  18. Evilmike
  19. Sparhawk
  20. BErt
  21. JCM

Emrys

Emrys

I'm in.

Dave

Dave

I'm in!

strawman

strawman

I'm in!

evilmike

evilmike

I'm in.

Denbrought

Denbrought

I'm in.

Tress

Tress

Please remember I need an address via PM, or I can't add you to the list.

Chad Sexington

Chad Sexington

Oh, free stuff?

FREE STUFF

Oh, also the spirit of giving, etc, etc.

Tinwhistler

Tinwhistler

I'm in

blotsfan

blotsfan

I'm in. Same info as last year.

Hylian

Hylian

I'm in

PatrThom

PatrThom

FINALLY!

...I'm in. I'll PM you my info once I get home from work.

--Patrick

Squidleybits

Squidleybits

I'm in this year :)

Tress

Tress

Still need info from @Emrys , @evilmike , @blotsfan (sorry, I don't keep records from year to year), and @PatrThom.

And we need more people! Everyone is welcome.

EDIT: Thanks Pat, got it!

Emrys

Emrys

Still need info from @Emrys , @evilmike , @blotsfan (sorry, I don't keep records from year to year), and @PatrThom.

And we need more people! Everyone is welcome.

EDIT: Thanks Pat, got it!
Done. I had to figure out which secret base I was going to use at that time.

GasBandit

GasBandit

I've never participated, in all these years.

What the heck, I'll try this year.

Dei

Dei

I've never participated, in all these years.

What the heck, I'll try this year.
You're going to give people your name and address? :O

PatrThom

PatrThom

You mean he hasn't given it to you yet? Not even his phone number?

OH another warning. Don't forget to include your phone number when you PM @Tress. Some shipping places need it in case they run into delivery problems. Especially an issue if you draw someone's name who lives in another country.

--Patrick

Bubble181

Bubble181

Still on the fence. I want to, but budget's limited this year. Can I get someone who's not across the ocean? :p

strawman

strawman

Still on the fence. I want to, but budget's limited this year. Can I get someone who's not across the ocean? :p
You should be able to order at the amazon in the person's country that you get. That should eliminate shipping/customs/vat/etc costs. It's what I've always done when I got canuckistanians.[DOUBLEPOST=1478114578,1478114464][/DOUBLEPOST]
He just never wanted me to have it, but now that tress is doing it... ;)

(Although technically at one point I had access to it anyway - if I remember correctly his real name starts with one of the first 26 letters of the alphabet.)

GasBandit

GasBandit

Several enterprising halforumites already have that.

Made Ya Blush

Made Ya Blush

I'm in, Will pm info once home. Moved recently and don't actually know my address off hand

Bubble181

Bubble181

You should be able to order at the amazon in the person's country that you get. That should eliminate shipping/customs/vat/etc costs. It's what I've always done when I got canuckistanians.[DOUBLEPOST=1478114578,1478114464][/DOUBLEPOST]

He just never wanted me to have it, but now that tress is doing it... ;)

(Although technically at one point I had access to it anyway - if I remember correctly his real name starts with one of the first 26 letters of the alphabet.)

A) Yes, I know, I've participated quite a few times. Have sent to Canada, US and China in the past :p I was joking about the latter part.

B) Which alphabet, exactly? He's got German ancestry, his name could conceivably start with an ß.

strawman

strawman

B) Which alphabet, exactly? He's got German ancestry, his name could conceivably start with an ß.
That would be telling...

GasBandit

GasBandit

Not quite German. Dutch-Scottish (and if you push back further, Norman). I'm a ginuwine American mutt.

Bubble181

Bubble181

That would be telling...

Useless Fact of the Day: there are no words or names starting with an ß in any language, and as such, it's the only Romanized letter that doesn't have a capital version.[DOUBLEPOST=1478115553,1478115518][/DOUBLEPOST]
Not quite German. Dutch-Scottish (and if you push back further, Norman). I'm a ginuwine American mutt.
I know, but the Dutchies don't have any extra letters so the crappy joke wouldn't work.

drifter

drifter

Yabuuuddy

Celt Z

Celt Z

I'm in.

Hailey Knight

Hailey Knight

The grue option could've been "my grue love gave to me ..."

Just sayin

Tress

Tress

The grue option could've been "my grue love gave to me ..."

Just sayin
I know. It was late, and when I saw that I couldn't go back to change it.

Humor fail.

jwhouk

jwhouk

All right.

I'm posting this early because I'm about to head back to the salt mines in less than 48 hours.

My Amazon Wishlist: https://amzn.com/w/1FHYFSSYHXISZ

Barring that - you cannot go wrong with LEGO or OYO Sports (http://www.oyosportstoys.com/) stuff.

Bubble181

Bubble181

Ah well. I'll join again. My gift better include a winning powerball ticket!

(don't send me powerball tickets - they're impossible to get paid out when you're not in the USA)

blotsfan

blotsfan

Conversely, I'll take as many winning powerball tickets that you can send.

Tinwhistler

Tinwhistler

I'd be happy with just one :)

Celt Z

Celt Z

If someone has a Delorean and can fix the Biff Tannen timeline we're stuck in, I'm okay with not getting cash. (Sorry, Cubs.)

blotsfan

blotsfan

I'd be happy with just one :)
Oh. I got a jackpot and a $4 winner. I was going to send you both but I guess you'll be fine with just the $4.

Tinwhistler

Tinwhistler

Oh. I got a jackpot and a $4 winner. I was going to send you both but I guess you'll be fine with just the $4.
$4 more than I had before ;)

Cog

Cog

I put my address because I though it would be fun to receive something by mail for once, but anything digital would be nice too. Please, for whoever I will get, please post a wishlist because I suck at picking presents.

Tinwhistler

Tinwhistler

http://a.co/8eLKyz1

My wishlist, for whoever I get matched with.

Of course, I'm always happy to be surprised by anything

PatrThom

PatrThom

http://a.co/8eLKyz1

My wishlist, for whoever I get matched with.

Of course, I'm always happy to be surprised by anything
Anything? That opens up a lot of possibilities. A crate of oranges, a cannoli, a horse's head...
(no I still haven't actually seen the movie)

--Patrick

Tinwhistler

Tinwhistler

Anything? That opens up a lot of possibilities. A crate of oranges, a cannoli, a horse's head...
(no I still haven't actually seen the movie)

--Patrick
(Shrug) if someone wants to mail a horse head, and have pics of their shitty gift splashed up on HF, more power to them :D It's secret santa. I'm gonna be happy with whatever I get. You don't look a dead gift horse head in the mouth.

PatrThom

PatrThom

Then your weekend plans are all set. :D
Yes.
I'll be working Sat from 11:30a-10:30p and Sun 9a-10p. Oh, and that means missing my kid's birthday party on Sat.
But Sat is the first (and probably only) day of venison at Arby's, so I got that going for me, which is nice.

--Patrick

Dei

Dei

The first day of deer season is practically a state holiday in WV, so I'm a bit disappointed we weren't included. :p
Well maybe they figure you know too much about how deer meat should taste for their own good. I mean, fast food venison probably won't be that great, right?

PatrThom

PatrThom

fast food venison probably won't be that great, right?
They SAY they are partnering with local deer farms for each of the promotions, so we'll see.

--Patrick

David

David

I'm in!

PatrThom

PatrThom

fast food venison
They were supposed to be running the promotion for three days. They ran out in under twenty minutes. I never even got in the door.
Thank goodness I didn't also want a Nintendo.

--Patrick

Sparhawk

Sparhawk

I'm in, again.

Celt Z

Celt Z

I'm in, again.
Nick's prom night? :awesome:

Made Ya Blush

Made Ya Blush

To whomever draws my name:

Magnet for my new fridge as I collect them.

Something home made

Amazon product

View the above link for my Amazon wish list, I also am registered at Hudson Bay for my upcoming wedding.

In the end anything that won't break the bank would be nice.

Dave

Dave

They changed their API. Amazon doesn't link real well any more.

PatrThom

PatrThom

Speaking of Amazon, don't forget that non-Prime people can sign up for Prime TODAY ONLY for $20 off the normal price.
Could be handy to avoid shipping delays for your secret Santa recipient.

--Patrick

BErt

Had to be sure I'd be able to so I'm late, but yes I am in again

Tress

Tress

...and BErt makes twenty. Please check to make sure your name is listed in the first post. Eveyone else, you have a few days left![DOUBLEPOST=1479783128,1479783026][/DOUBLEPOST]IMPORTANT QUESTION: Should I move the deadline up to the 23rd, allowing me to get everyone their names before Black Friday shopping?

strawman

strawman

The earlier the better for me.

JCM

JCM

I'd love to participate, although I'll be away, vacation month, with no one at my shipping address from the 15th of December until the 16th of January. Would that be a problem?

Chad Sexington

Chad Sexington

The earlier the better for me.
Yep yep

Tress

Tress

I'd love to participate, although I'll be away, vacation month, with no one at my shipping address from the 15th of December until the 16th of January. Would that be a problem?
I think that it would be okay. The person who is assigned to you just needs to get on it, and send it out right away.

Denbrought

Denbrought

I think that it would be okay. The person who is assigned to you just needs to get on it, and send it out right away.
Wouldn't it be safer to ship later on purpose? Any delay could mean the package sits for a month, or is returned to sender.

Tress

Tress

Wouldn't it be safer to ship later on purpose? Any delay could mean the package sits for a month, or is returned to sender.
You're probably right.

Tress

Tress

Okay folks. Some people think it's a good idea and no one is opposed. I like the idea myself.

TOMORROW IS THE LAST DAY TO SIGN UP FOR SECRET SANTA 2016.

YOU HAVE UNTIL 10 PM (PST).

Then people will get their assignments by the end of the next day.

Sparhawk

Sparhawk

Cool Beans.

Tress

Tress

Did you ever decide? I can try to make arrangements for keeping it in Europe, if need be.

EDIT: never mind, I see you joined. Sorry, I'm tired.

Tress

Tress

LAST CALL!

blotsfan

blotsfan

YOU DONT HAVE TO GO HOME BUT YOU CANT STAY HERE

Hailey Knight

Hailey Knight

Not sure where else to put this, but I figured it might be helpful to some of you:

From now until November 28, use the promotion code HOLIDAYBOOK on Amazon to get $10 off a book order of $25. Only works for print books going to the same location at the same delivery speed, but it works.

Tress

Tress

FYI Thanksgiving is a bit stressful for me this year, but I will have those assignments to you by the end of the day. I just imagine it will be in the evening rather than anytime soon.

PatrThom

PatrThom

FYI Thanksgiving is a bit stressful for me this year, but I will have those assignments to you by the end of the day. I just imagine it will be in the evening rather than anytime soon.
Dude, you're already moving the schedule up for everyone.
Just enjoy the holiday, we'll all wait.

--Patrick

JCM

JCM

What PatrThom said, enjoy your Thanksgiving and family to the max

Btw, if anyone wants to avoid the nightmare of international shipping, I pretty much love any weird and obscure book, movie or game, and my iOS/steam/Xbox live account is juliocezarmari, the more obscure or weird, the better.

Tress

Tress

Names and info are going out now...

Tress

Tress

Okay! Everyone should have received a name and contact info for Secret Santa 2016. If there's a problem, if you think you signed up and didn't get a PM with info, or if you have questions, please let me know.

The next step is to have your gifts in the mail by December 15th!

Anonymous

Dear @BErt,

"no restrictions" is great, but unless you want a 20-pack of warm woolen socks, you might want to list some interests or hobbies :)

PatrThom

PatrThom

Dear @BErt,

"no restrictions" is great, but unless you want a 20-pack of warm woolen socks, you might want to list some interests or hobbies :)
Maybe he actually wants the 24-pack?

--Patrick

Dave

Dave

As always with me, I don't care what it is as long as it's from the heart.

PatrThom

PatrThom

Dave's apparently getting a pint of blood this year.

--Patrick

Dave

Dave

Bubble181

Bubble181

Dave's apparently getting a pint of blood this year.

--Patrick
Why not the whole bit?

Dave

Dave

Good point. If you send me food items, I can't eat a lot of it on my diet.

BErt

Dear @BErt,

I don't think I've owned 20 pairs of socks throughout my entire life...

Okay... I like Detroit area sports - specifically the University of Michigan, retro gaming stuff (especially Legend of Zelda), Marvel movies, Batman, horror movies, Star Wars, Game of Thrones, Walking Dead, Steven Universe, Rick & Morty... Size L tshirts would be great. Other than that, books are always welcome...anything sci-fi, suspense, or mystery. Or just anything geeky in general.

I hope that helps. I really am not picky and I love to be surprised...I'd be happy to get something home made if you're the creative type or something from your local area even. :)

Anonymous

@Emrys you got a wish list?

Dave

Dave

I saw something on Amazon she might like. PM me and I'll give you a link.

Emrys

Emrys

I saw something on Amazon she might like. PM me and I'll give you a link.
It better be a doomweasel, a laser gun, or a consort.[DOUBLEPOST=1480101861,1480101826][/DOUBLEPOST]
Yes, cheri, I'll post the link tonight.

Bubble181

Bubble181

It better be a doomweasel, a laser gun, or a consort.
....."or"....?

Emrys

Emrys

....."or"....?
Well, hopefully my Secret Santa would be generous and get me all three but there's no need to get greedy about it.

blotsfan

blotsfan

Well, hopefully my Secret Santa would be generous and get me all three but there's no need to get greedy about it.
I was thinking a combination of the 3. A doomweasel equipped with lasers that has been trained to provide...services.

PatrThom

PatrThom

trained to provide...services.
"Tidings of consort and joy."

--Patrick

GasBandit

GasBandit

I was thinking a combination of the 3. A doomweasel equipped with lasers that has been trained to provide...services.

Anonymous

Oh @GasBandit, your gift is on its way. Should get there around the 12th.

Emrys

Emrys

Here you are, wonderful anonymous person.

Anonymous

Here you are, wonderful anonymous person.
Estimated delivery: Dec 5 2016 - Dec 7 2016

Anonymous

@GasBandit - December 12th is the ship date.

Anonymous

@Hylian - estimated delivery is December 6th.

Hailey Knight

Hailey Knight

@GasBandit - December 12th is the ship date.
Is it a walkthrough for Overwatch?

Anonymous

Is it a walkthrough for Overwatch?

:awesome:

PatrThom

PatrThom

Some see this as @GasBandit getting a Mei t-shirt.
*I* see this as him getting a new intern who is not only male (for a change), but is also a Mei main.

--Patrick

Anonymous

@evilmike , do you have one of these magic wish lists?

Anonymous

@Cog , do you have one of these magic wish lists?

Cog

Cog

@Cog , do you have one of these magic wish lists?
Sorry, I don't have one. Any gift would be fine, if it is something I could use. I don't like (how do you say this?) ornamental things?

If sending something to Ecuador is too much trouble, a digital game would be fine. I do have a wishlist in steam. My id is cognositivo. If you really want to send me something by mail, I would recommend using a national postal service, so you won't have to pay extra taxes.

PatrThom

PatrThom

I don't like (how do you say this?) ornamental things?
Tchotchkes (or maybe "baubles")

--Patrick

Anonymous

@Bubble181

Your gift will go to the US Postal Service tomorrow (Monday) and I will try to keep you updated to progress as I get it.

Anonymous

@blotsfan Amazon says guaranteed delivery by the 30th.

evilmike

evilmike

Anon, I've been a little tied up with the holiday, I'll have some answers for you tonight.

Anonymous

@PatrThom any wishlist you might have would be much appreciated.

PatrThom

PatrThom

I don't know why, but this didn't show up on my alerts list for reasons unknown.

I'm terribly sorry, Secret Anon Santa person, but I've never put together any kind of wish list. Please don't get anything dangerous, contentious, or messy. Food/drink is fine, non-outfit clothes are fine (i.e., T-shirts and the like but no ties), movies and other media are fine (though I warn you we already have well over 7500 books/CDs/DVDs/etc. yes really). I don't wear jewelry, don't smoke/vape, don't wear glasses (yet-probably soon), and I am terminally starved for free time (so probably no kits/puzzles/games).

I hope this helps. If it's not enough, I'll try to cobble together an Amazon wish list or something to inspire you.

--Patrick

Anonymous

@BErt, your package is on its way. UPS tracking is being annoying but it should arrive somewhere in the next 10 days.

evilmike

evilmike

http://a.co/gZqdy4n

Anonymous

@Denbrought , do you have one of these magic wish lists?

Anonymous

@Tinwhistler do you have a wish list or anything in particular you are desiring?

strawman

strawman

Dear secret santa recipient,

You didn't include any wishlists or suggestions in your SS2016 entry, and the forum search engine is broken so I can't stalk you, so you're getting sauna pants.

Don't hate the player - hate the game.

Best regards,
stienman

Tinwhistler

Tinwhistler

@Tinwhistler do you have a wish list or anything in particular you are desiring?
Yup :D

http://a.co/bMslyCL

Lots of price ranges in there, too. I'd be happy with anything from the list. And it should also give a good indication for the kind of stuff I'm into if you want to go "off list"

Anonymous

@stienman - Your package should arrive Dec 7.

evilmike

evilmike

Dear secret santa recipient,

You didn't include any wishlists or suggestions in your SS2016 entry, and the forum search engine is broken so I can't stalk you, so you're getting sauna pants.

Don't hate the player - hate the game.

Best regards,
stienman

Is it still broken? I was doing some research this morning and the results seemed fine.

Anonymous

@Tinwhistler your gift should arrive on Dec. 1st :)

PatrThom

PatrThom

the forum search engine is broken so I can't stalk you
Since the "posted by" option doesn't work the way it's supposed to, I've found that using the person's name as one of the search terms is a close second.
e.g., ["always wanted" stienman]
It's less efficient, but it's a better alternative than using the "posted by" option.
Of course ["always wanted" stienman site:halforums.com] is a good option with Google as well.
If you want you can also effectively narrow it by using the person's tagline instead of their name, so ["always wanted" "GRATUITOUS AMOUNTS OF ENERGY"] should only show instances of "always wanted" in proximity to actual posts by stienman, instead of also showing times when someone else says, "I've always wanted stienman to officiate our wedding" or "Looks like stienman is getting that daughter he always wanted."

--Patrick

Tinwhistler

Tinwhistler

I just click the user name to go to their info page, and click on "postings" and start skimming.

Anonymous

I don't know why, but this didn't show up on my alerts list for reasons unknown.

I'm terribly sorry, Secret Anon Santa person, but I've never put together any kind of wish list. Please don't get anything dangerous, contentious, or messy. Food/drink is fine, non-outfit clothes are fine (i.e., T-shirts and the like but no ties), movies and other media are fine (though I warn you we already have well over 7500 books/CDs/DVDs/etc. yes really). I don't wear jewelry, don't smoke/vape, don't wear glasses (yet-probably soon), and I am terminally starved for free time (so probably no kits/puzzles/games).

I hope this helps. If it's not enough, I'll try to cobble together an Amazon wish list or something to inspire you.

--Patrick
If I were to go that route, what size?

PatrThom

PatrThom

If I were to go that route, what size?
42/Large/Grande (American), though probably XL/XG in Japanese sizes.

--Patrick

strawman

strawman

42/Large/Grande (American), though probably XL/XG in Japanese sizes.

--Patrick
Unless you've doubled your weight since I saw you those would be baggy on you. Do you get larges just for the length?

I'd say you're more of a medium long...

Anonymous

@PatrThom youre getting two separate packages but they should both be there by the 7th

PatrThom

PatrThom

Unless you've doubled your weight since I saw you those would be baggy on you. Do you get larges just for the length?
I'd say you're more of a medium long...
I'm a medium thick, but a large wide. My shoulders are wide enough that the seams fall too short on a medium, so "large" it is.

--Patrick

Bubble181

Bubble181

I'm a medium thick, but a large wide. My shoulders are wide enough that the seams fall too short on a medium, so "large" it is.

--Patrick
I know the feeling. Well, less and less, but that's for another thread :p

In dress shirts there's often a trimmed/centered/slim fit option, but on t-shirts that's sadly often absent.

Dei

Dei

I've always been broader shouldered. It's usually not a huge deal, but some brands won't fit right around my shoulders without being hopelessly baggy.

Dave

Dave

So I came home today to find a package on the table. I've ordered a lot of stuff lately and this felt like a book, so I figured it was for my daughter's school. Those expensive things that I have to buy every semester. But no! I didn't recognize it. So I looked at the card.

2016-11-29 16.42.58.jpg

Whoa! My secret Santa is very fast! And what is it? Well, it *IS* a book.

2016-11-29 16.40.24.jpg

Which for some reason always shows upside down no matter how I orient and save the picture. Stupid iPad.

Anyway, it's called The Eternaut and I've never heard of it until now! It was published by an Argentinian in the 1950's so this is going to be a very interesting read.

Thanks, Secret Santa! I love it!

Anonymous

So I came home today to find a package on the table. I've ordered a lot of stuff lately and this felt like a book, so I figured it was for my daughter's school. Those expensive things that I have to buy every semester. But no! I didn't recognize it. So I looked at the card.

Whoa! My secret Santa is very fast! And what is it? Well, it *IS* a book.

Which for some reason always shows upside down no matter how I orient and save the picture. Stupid iPad.

Anyway, it's called The Eternaut and I've never heard of it until now! It was published by an Argentinian in the 1950's so this is going to be a very interesting read.

Thanks, Secret Santa! I love it!
Expect another tomorrow.

Dave

Dave

Too bad we Admins can see who posts anonymously, Cog. :rofl:[DOUBLEPOST=1480461658,1480461634][/DOUBLEPOST]And thanks, man! I'm going to start reading it tonight.

Cog

Cog

Next year, I'm just going to announce it to everybody since the beginning.

blotsfan

blotsfan

Too bad we Admins can see who posts anonymously, Cog. :rofl:
Seriously? Thats unsettling.

Dave

Dave

Nah. Just the Admins can see this. Nobody else. So it's because I'm special. :-D

blotsfan

blotsfan

I thought it was truly anonymous.

Dave

Dave

It's always been that way. And note we've never - EVER - used it for evil, nor will we.

jwhouk

jwhouk

The Argentinian thing gave it away too, Cog.....

Sent from my Nextbook on Tapatalk

Cog

Cog

The Argentinian thing gave it away too, Cog.....

That's racist! ;) I found out about this comic from somewhere in the forum. I don't remember who mentioned it.

GasBandit

GasBandit

Too bad we Admins can see who posts anonymously, Cog. :rofl:[DOUBLEPOST=1480461658,1480461634][/DOUBLEPOST]And thanks, man! I'm going to start reading it tonight.
I was gonna say something, but I didn't want to shatter the illusion.
Yes. We don't have a choice. To an admin, it says "posted anonymously by (user)" at the top of any anonymous post.

We keep your secrets.

Dave

Dave

Plus, I don't think we've ever hidden this. I swear we've talked about it before. This isn't something that's just changed. I feel bad that someone is unsettled.

blotsfan

blotsfan

It's ok. I guess in the future I'll just make new anonymous users when behind 7 proxies.

Celt Z

Celt Z

Plus, I don't think we've ever hidden this. I swear we've talked about it before. This isn't something that's just changed. I feel bad that someone is unsettled.
I don't remember what it was for, but i do remember both you and Gas mentioning this in the past.

jwhouk

jwhouk

It was because of Shego, right?

Dave

Dave

Might have been. There was also a child porn thing a few years ago where I called the cops on a user. Not sure I've ever talked about that before. I won't go any further, but suffice it to say that I had to scour the DB and pull some conversations for the police.

GasBandit

GasBandit

It's ok. I guess in the future I'll just make new anonymous users when behind 7 proxies.
Heh, well, unless you actually are switching to a proxy (or changing your IP in some other way) when you use an alt account, I got bad news for you on that front, too :p

Anonymous

Too bad we Admins can see who posts anonymously
The tyrannical admins have uncovered our deepest secrets!:aaah::aaah::aaah:

Emrys

Emrys

That we're all crazy? I think they already knew that.

Celt Z

Celt Z

I thought that was a member requirement!

Bubble181

Bubble181

That we're all JCM? They already know that.

PatrThom

PatrThom

That we're all JCM? They already know that.
I don't know why @JCM insists on this charade of buying presents for myself himself every year anyway.

--Patrick

Anonymous

@Denbrought , do you have one of these magic wish lists?
So was this a no @Denbrought ?

Denbrought

Denbrought

So was this a no @Denbrought ?
Err, sorry, left this open on my work machine to respond to after work, except I forgot to.

I technically have two Amazon wish lists, but they're pretty barren: http://a.co/0f1frgI and http://a.co/b9nl4LJ. I can add more to them in the next 1-2 days if that makes things easier.
I also have a Steam wish list, I'm Denbrought on there.

Info dump might be helpful if the above are not. Books and e-books both welcome, though I prefer non-fiction. Topics of interest include programming, electronics, miniatures, knitting, world history, geography, mathematics (and most other subjects, come thing of it). Developing an interest in sautering (electronics) and basketweaving but have not purchased supplies/tools for either yet. I have plenty of clothing and things relating to Spain. I have two cats, both 8-10lb. I drink, mostly scotch.

strawman

strawman

Developing an interest in sautering (electronics) ... but have not purchased supplies/tools
And if you're going to go that direction a cheap soldering iron isn't worth it, so might not be a good secret santa gift, but here's the minimum soldering iron I'd recommend, and here's the unit I use and prefer. You could get an accessory or two, though, within the budget. I stopped using wet sponges years ago and prefer this type of tip cleaner. It doesn't cool the iron down nor damage the tip nearly as much as water does, and I never have to go find water before I can use the soldering iron.

I also always have the following items at my soldering station:

Scribe - pushing tiny things around. More useful for surface mount stuff, but also great for scratching/cleaning/checking dirty surfaces prior to soldering.
*Forceps - these locking pliers are cheap and hold solder wick, wires, etc without having to use your hand grip or burn yourself holding a component too close to the heat.
*Solder Wick & desoldering tool - I don't use the tool, but use the wick all the time. Lots of others use the tool a lot, though, so it's something you have to try.
Wire wrap tool - Great for quickly wiring stuff together, and has a 30awg wire stripper so you can easily make jumpers and modify existing circuit boards quickly.
Wire wrap wire - Used with above. 30awg (ie, very, very thin) solid core insulated wire.
Tweezers - Mostly for surface mount, but also for manipulating 30awg wire and other things, so still might be useful for beginners.
*Lead solder - You could go lead free, but it's a steeper learning curve because it's much more difficult to get good joints.
*Flux pen - The solder above has flux inside, but some joints need more, and sometimes you need to heat a joint without adding solder. When in doubt, add flux.
*Wire cutter - Needed to trim wires after soldering. Don't use on steel or piano wires, it'll make you sad. This is a flush cut version, much nicer for this work than most wire cutters.
Wire stripper - Beats stripping wires with your teeth. This size is useful for small electronics work, not household wiring.
*Precision Screwdrivers - The English language does not contain the words to convey the horror that occurs when people use the wrong screwdriver on tiny screws.
Exacto knife - Cutting PCB traces, stripping wires in the middle, moving things, circuit post mortems. You may rarely use it, but when you need it it's the only thing that'll do.
Antistatic mat - Most of the time static isn't an issue. When it is you can't tell, and you'll tear your hair out debugging a problem caused by a static shock.
Binocular zoom boom microscope - Probably only necessary for surface mount work, but also excellent for inspection and removing splinters. Also a big investment, but I wouldn't be without one.

The asterisk is next to those things I would focus on first. I always have a 5" length of solder wick in the forceps, with only 3/4" extending from the forceps. And, again, I don't have or use a desoldering tool. They're just too fiddly. Instead I heat up the joint and remove the wires, clean up as much as I can with solder wick, then pick up the board, heat the hole with the iron, and blow really hard through the hole. Try to avoid getting molten solder on anything important, like small children. It clears the hole far better than the soldering tool for me, though. As far as the screwdrivers go, you might be tempted to get the interchangeable bit sets or similar, and this kit is large, but once you have a soldering iron you tend to try to repair toys and electronics, or at least take them apart for exploring, and a lot of mass manufactured items have deep small holes for screws. This set has long thin shafts for the screwdrivers and will fit down into most recessed screw holes.

Surface mount soldering is when you don't have holes in the circuit board, and you use very, very small components soldered directly to the flat copper traces on the circuit board. Most small consumer items use surface mount, but electronic hobbyists can still do a lot of work with through hole circuits without having to touch surface mount. Due to its size it's harder to do well, but almost all surface mount can be done without the expensive equipment if one is patient.

Denbrought

Denbrought

Thank you! That's a more comprehensive and useful guide than I've found online, or gotten out of other hobbyists I've prompted. Time to draft a budget for next year.

*Makes notes to ask engineers about engineer-y stuff more often*

Bubble181

Bubble181

Try to avoid getting molten solder on anything important, like small children.
Why? With supply so high, I'd imagine the cost is hardly worth the bother of avoiding it.

strawman

strawman

Why? With supply so high, I'd imagine the cost is hardly worth the bother of avoiding it.
They tend to run around and scream, which is very distracting.

GasBandit

GasBandit

I just want to go on record and say using a desoldering tool is fun. It's like a bolt action sniping vacuum cleaner!

PatrThom

PatrThom

I want to go on record and say that, as a hobbyist solderer, it's really not that difficult a thing to learn.
I will also say, however, that you will almost unavoidably become familiar with the scent of roast human.

--Patrick

Bubble181

Bubble181

I want to go on record and say that, as a hobbyist solderer, it's really not that difficult a thing to learn.
I will also say, however, that you will almost unavoidably become familiar with the scent of roast human.

--Patrick
aka,"barbecue".

Emrys

Emrys

aka,"barbecue".
AKA doomweasel food.

strawman

strawman

Repeat this mantra whenever you turn on the soldering iron:

If it falls, don't catch it.

I keep my iron at 700C, so its already too late if you don't instinctively train yourself to recoil from a falling soldering iron.

Also cotton fabrics are your friend.

My station stays at the very back of the bench so the iron cord doesn't hang over the edge of the table, and having a dedicated stand for it is important for me. Between those two things I don't recall the last time I burned myself.

Denbrought

Denbrought

If it falls, don't catch it.
This got drilled into me during an infancy of helping in the kitchen. I jump away from falling metal things, because OH GOD KNIVES. Hopefully the instinct transfers over.

PatrThom

PatrThom

I keep my iron at 700C
wouldn't 400C be enough? Seems dangerous keeping it hot enough to melt aluminum.

--Patrick

GasBandit

GasBandit

wouldn't 400C be enough? Seems dangerous keeping it hot enough to melt aluminum.

--Patrick
Yeah but what if he needs to melt aluminum?

PatrThom

PatrThom

Yeah but what if he needs to melt aluminum?
Much easier to use an arc furnace.

--Patrick

GasBandit

GasBandit

Much easier to use an arc furnace.

--Patrick
Yeah but what if he needs to melt aluminum for under $100?

PatrThom

PatrThom

Then he can get an arc furnace time share.

--Patrick

strawman

strawman

--Patrick
Unit failure. Should be 700F. Here's my answer to how hot a soldering iron needs to be.[DOUBLEPOST=1480537574,1480537346][/DOUBLEPOST]

--Patrick
Pft. I'mma make my own if I need one.

GasBandit

GasBandit

--Patrick
... you can do that?

I might need to look into that.

strawman

strawman

This is better than the arc furnace, though, for low temperature metals:

GasBandit

GasBandit

Pft. I'mma make my own if I need one.

Never mind, I'll look into THAT instead.

Dei

Dei

I know that one of my friends has extremely nerdy teenage sons, and they built one with their dad.

Tinwhistler

Tinwhistler

@Hylian

Got the gifts today! Thanks! :D I'll post pics a little later in the evening.

Bumble the Boy Wonder

Bumble the Boy Wonder

Aw man..

Dave

Dave

strawman

strawman

You should totally set up your own secret santa. Send your name/address to @Dave, and tell people to PM him for it, then promise a drawing for everyone who sends you a gift with a legible return address.

Bubble181

Bubble181

You should totally set up your own secret santa. Send your name/address to @Dave, and tell people to PM him for it, then promise a drawing for everyone who sends you a gift with a legible return address.
Heck, I'd send something.

Dave

Dave

I would, too.

blotsfan

blotsfan

I'd volunteer and then sell his information to scammers

BErt

I'd volunteer and then sell his information to scammers
Ah, the gift that keeps on giving

PatrThom

PatrThom

This is better than the arc furnace, though, for low temperature metals:

This is the one I actually expected you'd use, assuming you had any need for such a thing.

--Patrick

strawman

strawman

This is the one I actually expected you'd use, assuming you had any need for such a thing.

--Patrick
Eventually.

Dave

Dave

Okay, @Cog, my second gift is hilarious!

2016-11-30 15.58.12.jpg

Yes, folks, that's Donald J. Trump toilet paper. :rofl:[DOUBLEPOST=1480543221,1480543200][/DOUBLEPOST]Made in China.

Hylian

Hylian

I'd send something :)

blotsfan

blotsfan

Got me a hockey-themed Secret Santa package:

Starting with the typical Halforums maturity and sophistication:

image.jpg

A book of hockey trivia which I'm gonna get everything right (and lie if I don't)

And something written by a good ol ontaryah boy (possibly less mature than the first one).

Thanks @Tinwhistler!

Attachments

Dave

Dave

Hockey Stories and Stuff. Great title!

Tinwhistler

Tinwhistler

Pic as promised :)
2016-11-30 18.04.00.jpg

Ray Bradbury always has a place on my shelves. And we never have enough coffee mugs. Thanks @Hylian! My wife hates shopping off of my wishlist, because she says that it doesn't feel as 'personal' for some reason. I always tell her "Everything on my wish list is something I want. You'll never go wrong buying from it". :D

Thanks again!

blotsfan

blotsfan

My wife hates shopping off of my wishlist, because she says that it doesn't feel as 'personal' for some reason. I always tell her "Everything on my wish list is something I want. You'll never go wrong buying from it". :D
And this was the year she gave in and got you a prescription coffee mug and a copy of the Martian Chronicles.

Anonymous

@Bubble181 , USPS is saying your package has left Chicago, not sure on any final delivery date though.

Tinwhistler

Tinwhistler

And this was the year she gave in and got you a prescription coffee mug and a copy of the Martian Chronicles.
And this was the year I finally got something off my wishlist that I didn't buy myself :)

Anonymous

@evilmike - check your mailbox late next week.

Anonymous

Wow! @Bubble181 , the package left Warsaw, Poland this evening.

Anonymous

@Bubble181, tracking has now notified me that the package is in your city of Brussels. So keep your eye on the mail, or don't spend too much time in the shower since that seems to be when they always try to deliver to you.

strawman

strawman

A rogue amazon package appeared!
IMG_9521.JPG

stienman used steak knife.

It was effective!

@GasBandit used gift!
IMG_9522.JPG

It was effective!

stienman's Christmas spirit was lifted!

Gasbandit uses geeky novel!

IMG_9524.JPG

It looks interesting!

stienman is dazed!

Gasbandit uses programming puzzles!

IMG_9525.JPG

It's super effective!

Gasbandit wins this round!

This is great, the novel looks like a fun read, and the programming book is something I looked at just days ago and went back and forth on buying, ultimately deciding not to get it for financial reasons despite wanting it.

Thanks so much Gasbandit!

:banana:

Dei

Dei

That book is also another book I'd recommend as an audio book. :)

GasBandit

GasBandit

A rogue amazon package appeared!
View attachment 22683

stienman used steak knife.

It was effective!

@GasBandit used gift!
View attachment 22684

It was effective!

stienman's Christmas spirit was lifted!

View attachment 22685

It looks interesting!

stienman is dazed!

Gasbandit uses programming puzzles!

View attachment 22687

It's super effective!

Gasbandit wins this round!

This is great, the novel looks like a fun read, and the programming book is something I looked at just days ago and went back and forth on buying, ultimately deciding not to get it for financial reasons despite wanting it.

Thanks so much Gasbandit!

:banana:
You should be getting one more package, that, contrary to my explicit directions, was shipped in a separate package a day later.

I WILL HAVE SOMEONE'S HEAD FOR THIS

strawman

strawman

You should be getting one more package, that, contrary to my explicit directions, was shipped in a separate package a day later.
ooooOOOOOooh!

:minionhappy:

I WILL HAVE SOMEONE'S HEAD FOR THIS
:Leyla:

Now I'm concerned about the contents of the next package...[DOUBLEPOST=1480644349,1480644317][/DOUBLEPOST]Oh, but if it does go that way feel free to keep the teeth, I know how you like 'em. :awesome:

Dave

Dave

What's in the boooooox?

strawman

strawman

What's in the boooooox?

strawman

strawman

/wrestling announcer voice
FAR BETTER THAN A SEVERED HEAD IT'S ANOTHER GIFT FROM THEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE @GasBandit
IMG_9533.JPG

LET'S GET READY TO RUUUUUMBLEEEEE!

Thanks so much, this has all been wonderful!

Bubble181

Bubble181

I want that too :-(

strawman

strawman

I want that too :-(
You'll just have to come visit so we can watch it together.

Bubble181

Bubble181

You'll just have to come visit so we can watch it together.
Ah, good, you still haven't figured out you've had an extra mouth to fill for the past 6 months :whistling:

Anonymous

@Bubble181, USPS is saying that the package has cleared customs! HAAHAHAHA! They didn't find the secret compartment!

Bubble181

Bubble181

@Bubble181, USPS is saying that the package has cleared customs! HAAHAHAHA! They didn't find the secret compartment!
That makes no sense - there's no customs between Warshaw and Brussels. Customs would've been on the border of the Schengen zone. Either way, I'll be expecting it Monday :)

BErt

I got a thing! Yoshi helped deliver it...IMG_3512.JPG

IMG_3509.JPG
Ooh...this must be good ...IMG_3510.JPG
OOOOOOH...
IMG_3511.JPG
OMG!

...it's amazing, because i didint mention this but I actually do collect watches (usually larger diver styles - this certainly qualifies)

THANK YOU SO MUCH! I have a name on the receipt but i cant place it to a user :/
But you done did good Santa!!!

mikerc

mikerc

I got a thing! Yoshi helped deliver it
Did anyone else initially think this referred to @Yoshimickster?

Anonymous

i cant place it to a user :/
But you done did good Santa!!![/spoiler]
You can't place "The Owl" as a user? Really? :p

MindDetective

MindDetective

JCM?

BErt

Nothing in the box actually said that, so not sure if serious. I did actually figure it out a little bit ago when i stopped being stupid and realized what the address was. :p

Thank you @Bubble181!!!

Bubble181

Bubble181

Huh, there was supposed to be a card with a message in the box, signed "the Owl". I wonder what happened there.

Either way, I'm very happy you like it :):cool:

BErt

Nope, no card, just a receipt. Of course you realize that i now know all your secrets...that you're actually an altogether different bird ;)

PatrThom

PatrThom

/wrestling announcer voice
You're looking for Michael Buffer. Dunno why, I just haven't been able to forget his name since he guest-announced David Letterman's Top Ten List one night.

--Patrick

Anonymous

@Sparhawk, would you appreciate food from strange and exotic locations as a present?

Celt Z

Celt Z

Tim Hortons doesn't count. ;)

Emrys

Emrys

Tim Hortons doesn't count. ;)
It doesn't?! Dammit!

Sorry, doomweasels!

<erase erase erase!>

Anonymous

@Emrys

I ordered your stuff at the same time but apparently it's coming in two boxes. Neither of them are marked as shipped but they both say Dec. 5 - 7. I ordered them a week ago. Not sure what's taking them so long.

Sparhawk

Sparhawk

@Sparhawk, would you appreciate food from strange and exotic locations as a present?
Sure, I'll give it a try.

Anonymous

@Hylian - Amazon said your package was delivered to the receptionist/someone at the front desk.

Hylian

Hylian

@Hylian - Amazon said your package was delivered to the receptionist/someone at the front desk.
Thank you!

The front office was closed by the time I got home but I will grab it tomorrow! :D

Bubble181

Bubble181

So, my gift went from Chicago, to Warsaw, to Brussels, through customs, in two days...And now, three days later, it still hasn't arrived. Gotta love the Belgian postal service. Brussels sorting center is about 10 miles from my house -_-

blotsfan

blotsfan

Hylian

Hylian

I got my gift! (sorry for the delay in pics work has been busy)

There was no name on it so I am not sure who gave me this wonderful gift but thank you! :D

Anonymous

@GasBandit - The delay is on the part of the shipper; hopefully it'll be in in your grubby little paws before Christmas!

GasBandit

GasBandit

@GasBandit - The delay is on the part of the shipper; hopefully it'll be in in your grubby little paws before Christmas!
Gotcha. No worries.

Anonymous

@Squidleybits keep twiddling your thumbs, tapping your fingers, and sighing dramatically, nothing is shipped yet.

Celt Z

Celt Z

I got my gift! (sorry for the delay in pics work has been busy)

There was no name on it so I am not sure who gave me this wonderful gift but thank you! :D
That was me! You're welcome and merry christmas! (There was supposed to be a note inside, grrrrr.....)

blotsfan

blotsfan

And in a fitting display of karma, my new laptop was delivered to my house but no one was there to sign for it so it didn't get delivered. Maybe tomorrow.

Dave

Dave

You know, whomever has that Secret Santa account should share it. So everyone could post and nobody would know where it's coming from.

GasBandit

GasBandit

You know, whomever has that Secret Santa account should share it. So everyone could post and nobody would know where it's coming from.
Hah, whoever it is REALLY didn't want to be identified. They registered via a Choopa VPN (and post from it) that doesn't match any other user, using a notsharingmy.info e-mail address, and then to top it all off posted ANONYMOUSLY so it doesn't even say "Secret Santa" on the post to non-admins.

Bubble181

Bubble181

Hah, whoever it is REALLY didn't want to be identified. They registered via a Choopa VPN (and post from it) that doesn't match any other user, using a notsharingmy.info e-mail address, and then to top it all off posted ANONYMOUSLY so it doesn't even say "Secret Santa" on the post to non-admins.
Well, yeah, this is the first I've heard of there even being a SS account.

Considering the amount of trouble they went to, though, I'd say you can restrict it to maybe 4 or 5 users :p

GasBandit

GasBandit

Well, yeah, this is the first I've heard of there even being a SS account.

Considering the amount of trouble they went to, though, I'd say you can restrict it to maybe 4 or 5 users :p
Even further than that using process of elimination, probably, but I'm too lazy/busy to care.

Dave

Dave

I don't even care who it was, although it was genius. But if everyone is Secret Santa, NO ONE is.

blotsfan

blotsfan

Amateur. I just hacked blotsfans' account and posted from that.

Secret Santa

Secret Santa

1. Using incognito mode go to simpleproxy.net then type halforums.com into the box, click 'Now go'
2. Sign in to halforums username: "Secret Santa" password: "keepmysecret"
3. Please to not be abusing this account.
4. !!!LOG OUT!!! System may do weird things if people are logged into this account at the same time, so use it quickly and log out asap.

strawman

strawman

/bender Neat!

Dave

Dave

Thanks, Secret Santa!

PatrThom

PatrThom

I was going to suggest this very thing! Except that it would've been @Tress doing the posting because he already knows who got whom anyway.

--Patrick

Secret Santa

Secret Santa

@Denbrought you should have had two boxes delivered

Anonymous

@PatrThom it looks like UPS doesn't go to your house so its in the hands of the USPS now. I'm not quite sure where your package is, but it could be a bit of a longer delay. If its not there by next week I'll do some calling. Sorry about this.

Sparhawk

Sparhawk

@PatrThom it looks like UPS doesn't go to your house so its in the hands of the USPS now. I'm not quite sure where your package is, but it could be a bit of a longer delay. If its not there by next week I'll do some calling. Sorry about this.
UPS has a deal with USPS called SmartPost, basically UPS gets it to the local postal facility (or whatever one services the address) and then the postal service finishes the delivery.

PatrThom

PatrThom

They do deliver, but what they usually do for packages under 50lb (or whatever the limit is) is that UPS delivers to the local post office, then USPS goes that last mile. This usually adds an extra day, even though the post office is literally less than half a km from my house.

--Patrick

Anonymous

@evilmike - Check The Mail today.

Anonymous

@Bubble181, just got notified that the package was delivered.

Bubble181

Bubble181

@Bubble181, just got notified that the package was delivered.
Yep. Doing the night shift is the best way to assure a mailwoman will come ringing at the door at 11am right in the middle of your sleep schedule. Pics etc later when I'm properly awake :)

Bubble181

Bubble181

It's a box!

20161208_104338.jpg

It's...someone who thinks I like Pugs? :p

20161208_104711.jpg

It's a trivet! (yeah, I had to look that word up, I admit, though I knew what it was for :p ) More pictures in the next post, because apparently the forum doesn't like me all of a sudden.[DOUBLEPOST=1481215208,1481214937][/DOUBLEPOST]Like I said, trivet! However, the forum thinks this picture posts a security risk? Don't ask me why. You can see it at this place.

There's also a bell!

20161208_104739.jpg

I admit, I'm not entirely sure where or how I'm going to use this. My girlfriend vetoed the idea of my using it as a "fetch me a drink, woman" bel lto attach to my home office. Pfffbt. ;)

Thanks, who-I-can-only-assume-is-@Sparhawk !

Additional question: what's the -rama- for? Ramadan isn't this season at the moment, but I can't think of any other holiday with "ram" in there.

PatrThom

PatrThom

Wife sent me a picture of an unexpected box which has arrived.
She says it sounds "sloshy."
I sure hope that's intentional.

--Patrick

Sparhawk

Sparhawk

It's a box!

View attachment 22748

It's...someone who thinks I like Pugs? :p

View attachment 22749

It's a trivet! (yeah, I had to look that word up, I admit, though I knew what it was for :p ) More pictures in the next post, because apparently the forum doesn't like me all of a sudden.[DOUBLEPOST=1481215208,1481214937][/DOUBLEPOST]Like I said, trivet! However, the forum thinks this picture posts a security risk? Don't ask me why. You can see it at this place.

There's also a bell!

View attachment 22750

I admit, I'm not entirely sure where or how I'm going to use this. My girlfriend vetoed the idea of my using it as a "fetch me a drink, woman" bel lto attach to my home office. Pfffbt. ;)

Thanks, who-I-can-only-assume-is-@Sparhawk !

Additional question: what's the -rama- for? Ramadan isn't this season at the moment, but I can't think of any other holiday with "ram" in there.
Yes, it's from me. the "rama" is actually part of a parody song that I heard years ago, sung to "Have a holly-jolly Christmas" and it just crushed all the holidays in this time of year together.

Anonymous

--Patrick
Kind of rude for her to open it up, but yeah. Its a CD from my favorite band.

Anonymous

--Patrick
I told those doomweasels to pack a litter pan!

I mean.... um.... move along, nothing to see here.

Emrys

Emrys

I got my Secret Santa boxes in the mail and opened them up (with a little help from the weasels)...

<squeeeeeeeeee!>

I got books! Sideways books, which are even better!

Weasels is so cool! Weasels plotting world domination! And they said I was mad! I'll show them mad! Mwahahahahahaha!

I read it to myself, to the upstairs weasels, to the downstairs weasels, to myself again.

I'm saving The Dame Was a Tad Polish for this weekend and am going to read it back-to-back with The City of Smoke & Mirrors. If only I knew the author so I could get them autographed (would you mind, @ThatNickGuy?)

Thank you so much, @Dave! Your house will be the last to fall during The Scampering!

<squeeeeeeeeeeexplode!>

Dave

Dave

Yay! You got it! I seriously debated the Weasels book as it's a kid's book and is kind of short, but I figured if anything is up your alley that would be it. Glad you liked it!

Emrys

Emrys

Yay! You got it! I seriously debated the Weasels book as it's a kid's book and is kind of short, but I figured if anything is up your alley that would be it. Glad you liked it!
The illustrations are amazing! The lead weasel looks like Ernst Stavro Blofeld stroking a white mouse. They drink coffee and run around like... well, like weasels.

And (spoiler alert) they take over the world! Mwahahahahahahahaha!

ThatNickGuy

ThatNickGuy

I'm saving The Dame Was a Tad Polish for this weekend and am going to read it back-to-back with The City of Smoke & Mirrors. If only I knew the author so I could get them autographed (would you mind, @ThatNickGuy?)
Well holy crap, that's so awesome of @Dave to gift that to you! And I'd be happy to sign them. Though I have no idea how we can make that work.

PatrThom

PatrThom

Well holy crap, that's so awesome of @Dave to gift that to you! And I'd be happy to sign them. Though I have no idea how we can make that work.
Road trip!!!

--Patrick

Emrys

Emrys

We'll work something out. :)

evilmike

evilmike

@evilmike - Check The Mail today.
Got a package today. Will have pictures up soon.

Anonymous

Ecuadorian online stores hate me, mind sending me your steam account email @Cog ?

Cog

Cog

Ecuadorian online stores hate me, mind sending me your steam account email @Cog ?
There are no ecuadorian online stores :). (Well, there are, but only very few accept online payment).

My steam profile is http://steamcommunity.com/id/cognositivo

jwhouk

jwhouk

For whomever my SS may be: if you're intimidated by prices on my Amazon Wish List, Google Play gift cards would be useful.

Anonymous

There are no ecuadorian online stores :). (Well, there are, but only very few accept online payment).

Found that out the hard way, http://i65.tinypic.com/5xj1pe.jpg

Gifts bought, awaiting your Steam friend approval.

JCM

JCM

*humming the Game of Thrones opening theme as he turns the pages

Received this at work yesterday

Anonymous

*humming the Game of Thrones opening theme as he turns the pages

Received this at work yesterday
Well that was unexpected. They said it wasn't going to be there until Monday!
Now I don't get to post Christmas is coming... anonymously.
You said you liked unusual books, I'm hoping this qualifies.

--Anonymous

Cog

Cog

regalo1.JPG regalo2.JPG
Found that out the hard way, http://i65.tinypic.com/5xj1pe.jpg

Gifts bought, awaiting your Steam friend approval.
Thank you! You managed to buy the games that I wished the most from my list! Also, I knew it was you.

PatrThom

PatrThom

Dear Secret Santa.
A second package has arrived, however due to this time of year being what it is, and my luck with drawing clopens (11-10 yesterday, 7:30-6:30 today, then grocery shopping), I will not have the time to unravel this mystery until tonight at the earliest, and pictures will likely not be coming until Wed (my next day off).
...but I look forward to it.

--Patrick

Denbrought

Denbrought

Secret Santa,

My household received your gifts, but I have been (and am) traveling, so I will be unable to open and enjoy them before the 18th. Thank you :)

Anonymous

@GasBandit - your gift is en route via FedEx.
X

GasBandit

GasBandit

@GasBandit - your gift is en route via FedEx.
X
Cool Cool.

Dei

Dei

Dear Secret Santa, I got part 1 of your gift a few days ago, but haven't received a part 2. I am just making sure I shouldn't have yet.

Anonymous

Dear Secret Santa, I got part 1 of your gift a few days ago, but haven't received a part 2. I am just making sure I shouldn't have yet.
It looks like the second package has been delayed.

Secret Santa

Secret Santa

@GasBandit FedEx should have it out to you sometime today.

And you better get the joke, son. ;)

GasBandit

GasBandit

Well, look what was waiting for me outside my door today when I got to the office!

It's very tightly packed in a cooler surrounded by lots of cold packs.

Why, it's one of my most favorite things in the world... MEAT and meat flavored accoutrements.

Well, I'm happy to get it... though I'm not sure the joke I'm supposed to understand here, unless it involves sending Wisconsin smoked sausage to Texas, or maybe it is a reference to how Wisconsin smoked A&M in volleyball back in September :p

Thanks, Santa!

strawman

strawman

Well, I'm happy to get it... though I'm not sure the joke I'm supposed to understand here
If I had to guess, I'd go for https://www.halforums.com/threads/ama-the-kaggie-files.29396/page-15#post-1299623

GasBandit

GasBandit

I'll be checking thoroughly for hair.

Celt Z

Celt Z

Darn, if only there had been a way to put little wigs on all the sausages....

BErt

You ever get a secret santa sausage and find it's got hairs growin all over it?

That was awesome GB santa, well done!

Tress

Tress

Heads up: The shipping deadline is Thursday!

I know many of you have already sent your gifts, and many people have received them. To those people, thank you!

However, if you haven't sent your gift yet then you have TWO days left.

If there's a problem, or you think you can't make the deadline, send me a PM.

Anonymous

@Sparhawk, your gift went out last week. Look for it just before Christmas, unless it gets delayed at a border somewhere, then look for it just after Christmas.

PatrThom

PatrThom

Well, look what was waiting for me outside my door today when I got to the office!
Are you sure that's your office? The hallway looks way too clean, given how you've described the place.

--Patrick

strawman

strawman

Are you sure that's your office? The hallway looks way too clean, given how you've described the place.

--Patrick
I suggest the makeshift ramp be included in every workplace picture.

GasBandit

GasBandit

They have people clean the hallway twice a week.

And they covered that ramp with the same faux wood laminate as the rest of the hallway floor.

jwhouk

jwhouk

"Ever get a box of sausages from a Wisconsinite and there was cheese with it?"
Glad you liked it! Nueske's is closer to me than it is Krisken, and it was the first thing I thought of when I got your name.

GasBandit

GasBandit

"Ever get a box of sausages from a Wisconsinite and there was cheese with it?"
Only once, and the cheese is BACON FLAVORED.

PatrThom

PatrThom

Intern: "Hey @GasBandit, could you take a look at..."
Gasbandit: <growls> "Can't talk. Eating!" <munch> <munch> "BRING ME MORE CLUB CRACKERS!"

--Patrick

jwhouk

jwhouk

Oh yeah, it was the Bacon flavored cheese. Had to, of course.

Squidleybits

Squidleybits

I didn't know that bacon flavored cheese was a thing. I need to learn more!!

GasBandit

GasBandit

I didn't know that bacon flavored cheese was a thing. I need to learn more!!
Back in college, this stuff was like crack to me:

GasBandit

GasBandit

Though, now I feel I should warn you - what made me stop using it was that, as an experiment, I sprayed out a huge amount of it onto a slice of bread and left it sitting on my lawn next to a fire ant mound.

The fire ants didn't eat it.

It didn't rot away. Not a speck of mold, even.

For weeks.

Until I had to get rid of it to mow. Still a pristine pile of "cheese product" on a very very very stale slice of bread.

At that point I decided maybe I better not put any more of that in my face.

Dei

Dei

I used to eat the (non bacon) cheddar cheese so much as a kid. Now I look at it and wonder what I was thinking. I can't even convince my kids to try it.

Squidleybits

Squidleybits

I love Cheez Whiz so I'm willing to try tube cheese :)

PatrThom

PatrThom

Though, now I feel I should warn you - what made me stop using it was that, as an experiment, I sprayed out a huge amount of it onto a slice of bread and left it sitting on my lawn next to a fire ant mound.

The fire ants didn't eat it.

It didn't rot away. Not a speck of mold, even.

For weeks.

Until I had to get rid of it to mow. Still a pristine pile of "cheese product" on a very very very stale slice of bread.

At that point I decided maybe I better not put any more of that in my face.
Shades of StinkyMeat!

--Patrick

jwhouk

jwhouk

By the way: it came with crackers.

blotsfan

blotsfan

But that doesn't contain animal flesh!

GasBandit

GasBandit

By the way: it came with crackers.
They're really good.

Emrys

Emrys

The crackers contain potassium benzoate.

GasBandit

GasBandit

The crackers contain potassium benzoate.
... can I go now? :/

Anonymous

@Celt Z I worked on your gift up to the last minute, but it has been shipped today with an expected delivery of Monday, USPS.

Emrys

Emrys

... can I go now? :/
No.

Anonymous

@jwhouk Two packages are headed towards you. Both FedEx and USPS expect to deliver one each on Saturday.

Secret Santa

Secret Santa

@Squidleybits a box is headed towards your ho ho home

Squidleybits

Squidleybits

Awesome! Thanks Santa :)

jwhouk

jwhouk

@jwhouk Two packages are headed towards you. Both FedEx and USPS expect to deliver one each on Saturday.

Code:
...WINTER STORM WARNING NOW IN EFFECT UNTIL 6 PM CST THIS
EVENING...

* AFTER A LULL IN THE SNOW THIS MORNING...PERIODS OF MODERATE SNOW
WILL AGAIN DEVELOP AND CONTINUE THROUGH THIS EVENING. TOTAL
SNOWFALL IS EXPECTED TO RANGE FROM 5 TO 8 INCHES.

* GUSTY NORTHWEST WINDS WILL LIKELY LEAD TO BLOWING AND DRIFTING
SNOW THIS AFTERNOON AND EVENING.

* HAZARDOUS TRAVEL CONDITIONS ARE IMMINENT...SO MOTORISTS SHOULD
USE EXTREME CAUTION.

* SIGNIFICANT AIR TRAVEL DELAYS ARE ALSO LIKELY ACROSS THE
REGION.

PRECAUTIONARY/PREPAREDNESS ACTIONS...

A WINTER STORM WARNING FOR HEAVY SNOW AND BLOWING SNOW MEANS
SEVERE WINTER WEATHER CONDITIONS ARE EXPECTED OR OCCURRING. THE
COMBINATION OF SNOW AND STRONG WINDS WILL MAKE TRAVEL VERY
DIFFICULT. IF YOU MUST TRAVEL...KEEP AN EXTRA FLASHLIGHT...FOOD...
AND WATER IN YOUR VEHICLE IN CASE OF AN EMERGENCY. THE LATEST
WISCONSIN ROAD CONDITIONS CAN BE OBTAINED BY CALLING 511.

PatrThom

PatrThom

I can't ever see those without hearing them read in the NOAA machine voice.

--Patrick

Secret Santa

Secret Santa

Awesome! Thanks Santa :)
Falcon one to cat scratching post, the package has left the US, I repeat the package has left the US.

/removes hat slowly

May Canada Customs and Canada Post have mercy upon your contents.

Squidleybits

Squidleybits

Falcon one to cat scratching post, the package has left the US, I repeat the package has left the US.

/removes hat slowly

May Canada Customs and Canada Post have mercy upon your contents.
I love Border Security lol!

jwhouk

jwhouk

Part one of said gift arrived this morning! Photos and descriptions will be posted when part two arrives (hopefully)...

Dei

Dei

I got what I can only assume was part two to my Secret Santa gift today, so now I will post a pic!

IMG_20161217_185538.jpg

Thanks Secret Santa! I love them.

jwhouk

jwhouk

FedEx delivered the first package (and my kitten decided to inspect it herself):

She wasn't impressed by what was inside...

But I was - Robin Yount and Rollie Fingers!

And then, I checked the mail - and there was another package!

This one was really neat: a Predators Calendar!

(Too bad that the guy on the cover with the "C" on his chest is no longer a member of the team...)

Thanks Secret Santa!

Squidleybits

Squidleybits

Your kitten is super cute!!! Her coat looks very much like my Sid's.

Celt Z

Celt Z

Secret Santa gift came today! Or should I say, not-so-Secret Santa anymore (love the card, @Dei !)
20161219_122053.jpg
*drumrollllllll* And the small gift is....
20161219_122128.jpg
Mini Steven! Love it! Trying to decide if he should go on my keys or on the shelf with the other Steven figures.

But the second gift is .......EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!
20161219_122208.jpg
I LOVE IT SO MUCH!!! You did such a great job! So happy!! I love handmade stuff!
It's going it a special spot, on the comics shelf with my Sailor Moon comics (and previous Secret Santa from @LittleSin )
20161219_151105.jpg
Thank you, thank you, thank you! :D

Secret Santa

Secret Santa

I love Border Security lol!
I guess they can see into the future:

"Your item could not be delivered on December 22, 2016 at 6:00 pm in CANADA due to the addressee not available at time of delivery. It is being held while the addressee is notified."

Maybe it's going out for delivery today, or maybe they tried delivery last night.

Squidleybits

Squidleybits

So weird!

Today would have been my grandfather's 90th birthday and our family and my uncles all have reservations at 6:00pm tonight to eat at his favourite restaurant. So, we won't be here.

strawman

strawman

Canada Post: Apologizing in advance.

Squidleybits

Squidleybits

It's plausible that they foresaw our plans tonight or they tried to deliver it to our local post office last night after its closed. Any parcel with tracking or medium to large non-tracked parcels are delivered up there and we get a slip in our mailbox a day later.

jwhouk

jwhouk

So - there was nothing on either receipt saying who was my SS.

Squidleybits

Squidleybits

I was out at the doctor's office and on my home I checked the mail. I have a parcel that will be available for pick up tomorrow afternoon :)

Denbrought

Denbrought

So - there was nothing on either receipt saying who was my SS.
Yeah, add taking credit to the list of things I'm terrible at doing.

Chad Sexington

Chad Sexington

A package slip was left yesterday. I will try to make it to the post office on time today but if not, I won't get my gift until... the 29th probably? I am going out of town for a few days.

Sparhawk

Sparhawk

What's this?!? A package from the Great White North had arrived!

What is inside? A card!

I just had to show the cover card, it's unique!

MOOSE!

It's from the Doomie Queen herself!!

What kind of goodies are here? FOOD!!!!

And a page of stickers!

Thanks @Emrys ! I'm looking forward to trying it all!

Sparhawk

Sparhawk

Don't know why that one picture doubled. Here is the one that should have been there.

Bubble181

Bubble181

...You sure you don't want to blur your address on that first one? I mean, some people here might get ideas.

Sparhawk

Sparhawk

Honestly, I've really never hidden myself, and I don't think that I've mad anyone overly mad here (except possibly @Dave , since I'm up against him for the football championship). It's out there, been out there, and it's who I am. Plus I'm probably moving soon. ;)

Bubble181

Bubble181

Well, maybe you're right. I imagine Shego doesn't like the easy targets.

Squidleybits

Squidleybits

Happy Day! Secret Santa's delivery arrived!!

Pud can't resist a box!!

image.jpeg

What's in here??

image.jpeg

Lulu can't wait for the box to be free for her!

image.jpeg

I love it!! Thank you Santa!! I can't wait to try out my new markers and now I have a cat for my desk. That won't steal stuff :)

image.jpeg

Santa totally outdid themselves with the rest of my gift! I had to get out my macro lens and my kids helped me make a light box. I will edit the pictures and share them here soon!

Thank you Santa!!

Squidleybits

Squidleybits

Team Mew:

IMG_2541.jpg
IMG_2543.jpg
[DOUBLEPOST=1482540517,1482540427][/DOUBLEPOST]VS Team Mewtwo:
IMG_2555.jpg

Oh Pud...

IMG_2565.jpg

strawman

strawman

I'm glad you like them! I'm no artist, but I've heard that sometimes it's nice to have a set of markers that aren't your 'nice' set so you don't feel bad abusing them in situations where you don't want to risk your good tools. Hopefully these provide some fun, and if nothing else they could be something for your kids.

Regarding this:

I left the supports on mewtwo because the arms were so tiny and I was worried they'd break in shipping. They can generally be removed by hand, but with the small arms you might need to use little jewelry wire cutters or an exact knife to separate the supports from mewtwo. If you do happen to break something the plastic welds back together with acetone (nail polish remover).

Due to the issues with printing mewtwo you ended up with a pikacthulu. I left them on for fun, but again a little work with the exacto knife should remedy that if the threads are causing madness.

Squidleybits

Squidleybits

I thought he was standing on a throne! I think I'll leave them there :)

Thank you so much! They are super awesome and I can't imagine how much work you put into them. You're the best!!

Emrys

Emrys

...You sure you don't want to blur your address on that first one? I mean, some people here might get ideas.
Now that I have his address, he's getting a weasel for his birthday.

Hailey Knight

Hailey Knight

I left the supports on mewtwo because the arms were so tiny and I was worried they'd break in shipping. They can generally be removed by hand, but with the small arms you might need to use little jewelry wire cutters or an exact knife to separate the supports from mewtwo. If you do happen to break something the plastic welds back together with acetone (nail polish remover).

Due to the issues with printing mewtwo you ended up with a pikacthulu. I left them on for fun, but again a little work with the exacto knife should remedy that if the threads are causing madness.
Dude, you made that whole set?! That's fantastic.

Damn, I'm glad I never participate; I'd be entirely outclassed.

strawman

strawman

Dude, you made that whole set?! That's fantastic.

Damn, I'm glad I never participate; I'd be entirely outclassed.
Well, lest anyone think more of me than I deserve, the models are already available free online, so all I did was download them (you wouldn't download a car... ) and print them. I did have to do a little more advanced print settings for mewtwo, but everything else was literally double clicking on each file and hitting print.

The newer printers are very very user friendly.[DOUBLEPOST=1482711907,1482711842][/DOUBLEPOST]Here's the model I used:

http://www.thingiverse.com/thing:1482617

Dei

Dei

Well, lest anyone think more of me than I deserve, the models are already available free online, so all I did was download them (you wouldn't download a car... ) and print them. I did have to do a little more advanced print settings for mewtwo, but everything else was literally double clicking on each file and hitting print.

The newer printers are very very user friendly.[DOUBLEPOST=1482711907,1482711842][/DOUBLEPOST]Here's the model I used:

http://www.thingiverse.com/thing:1482617
Stealing to make a Pokemon set to play against my son's Minecraft set that we're spending all day printing. ;)

Squidleybits

Squidleybits

Awesome!!

I'd love to see a picture of the minecraft set.

Dei

Dei

Awesome!!

Well, this is as far as we've gotten due to a bunch of newbie learning errors, but it's a start. :)

IMG_20161225_201319.jpg

Dei

Dei

Awesome!!

I did paint some of them, but here's half a chess set.

IMG_20161229_001933.jpg

Squidleybits

Squidleybits

Those are awesome!! I need to show our kids!!

Chad Sexington

Chad Sexington

HEY!

I finally went to the post office. Here is a veritable PILE of gifts from the wonderful @MadeYaBlush

Thank you so very kindly!

Gaze in wonder at my gifts literary and comfortable!

unnamed.jpg[DOUBLEPOST=1483576050,1483575988][/DOUBLEPOST]Hm user tag did not work...

GasBandit

GasBandit

Hm user tag did not work...
That's because there are spaces in @Made Ya Blush

Anonymous

Hey @PatrThom...I figure its too late for photos, but did you like it?

PatrThom

PatrThom

It is not too late, I have the photos, but as per usual I have not had time to assemble them. Every day I visit the forum is another day I feel a little guilty for not getting it together yet. Check back Sunday!

--Patrick

PatrThom

PatrThom

Check back Sunday!
When I wrote that, I had assumed I had Sunday off.
I did not.

--Patrick

strawman

strawman

@GasBandit Wanted to let you know I finally read this book and really enjoyed it! Thanks again!

View attachment 22685

It looks interesting!

stienman is dazed!
[DOUBLEPOST=1486397121,1486396983][/DOUBLEPOST]Oh, I was able to reuse the gift bags and tags for a white elephant gift party before Christmas as well. It was fun watching people's expressions as they read, "From the GASBANDIT? What's that?" for the two gifts I brought.

GasBandit

GasBandit

@GasBandit Wanted to let you know I finally read this book and really enjoyed it! Thanks again!

[DOUBLEPOST=1486397121,1486396983][/DOUBLEPOST]Oh, I was able to reuse the gift bags and tags for a white elephant gift party before Christmas as well. It was fun watching people's expressions as they read, "From the GASBANDIT? What's that?" for the two gifts I brought.
Hah! Maybe I should try to start a national trend of white elephant/secret santa gifts being FROM THE GAS BANDIT.

Dei

Dei

>.>

blotsfan

blotsfan

<.<

Sparhawk

Sparhawk

:foreveralone:

Tress

Tress

Ummm... hi! Give me a few minutes...

PatrThom

PatrThom

It is not too late, I have the photos, but as per usual I have not had time to assemble them. Every day I visit the forum is another day I feel a little guilty for not getting it together yet. Check back Sunday!
Oh, hey! Look at the time!

Ahem.

Anyway...
...look at this! Here are a couple of packages that appeared on my doorstep a while ago.
00boxnbag.jpg

I was not expecting these, so they are probably from my secret Santa!
Wait, what does that say on the bag?
01bag.jpg

Well, that covers it...for the majority of cases, anyway. But what's inside of it?
...laundry? Someone wants me to do their laundry? Wait, there's a note:
02ecushirt.jpg

Ok, so there's a design, and I should avoid baking it unnecessarily. But what does it say?
Let me just take a step or two back, and...
03shirt.jpg

AHAHAAHAHAHAAAA Oh, secret Santa, you have no idea how hilarious this is. See, on the forum, I may have a reputation for "doing the thing," but at work, I have a reputation for "Patrick-ing" people. That's how you know you've really made it in the world, when your name becomes a verb. I've never watched Spongebob ('tis true!), but of course I know the meme...and so does everyone at work.
(Note: I wore this to work during a mandatory everyone-has-to-be-there meeting, and was told I could wear it any time I wanted, which is technically against company policy, but that just goes to show you how much of a hit it was with my coworkers).
So ok, there's a shirt. But what about this box?
04box.jpg

Welp, no avoiding it. Time to crack it open. A quick trip to the knife block later, and...
05boxopen.jpg

"Christmas Central," huh? That's a new one. I mean, I've of course heard of Bronners (because you can't escape their ads around here), but CC's a new one. But of course the invoice isn't the reason I opened the box. Let's see what's inside of these pupae, shall we?
06bottles.jpg

...it's pop! Wait, no, it's not pop. Maybe it's soda? No, there aren't any bubbles. Crystal Beach loganberry? What's that?
A quick trip to Google and...it's apparently a mixer of some sort. In appearance, it reminds me a lot of Ribena. Its smell is a dead ringer for Cheerwine. Its flavor, however, is more what I imagine a Merlot would taste like if you removed all the alcohol and tannins.

So there we have it. One outrageously apropos shirt and two bottles of curiously berry refreshment.
07moneyshot.jpg

(why yes, that IS a Super Mario 64 cartridge sitting next to a Nintendo64 behind the shirt. I think the cart actually in the machine is a v1.0/v1.1 version of Ocarina of Time)
The shirt has already won me fame, if not fortune. Thank you, secret Santa, for knowing me so well without knowing me.
Now we shall have to find these bottles some friends. It's not like we have any shortage of suitors...
08friends.jpg

(this is about half the collection. I didn't want to take up the whole table, and couldn't get it all in frame anyway)

Note: To date, I have not tried mixing it with anything, though our son seems to enjoy it when mixed with Sprite/Slice/7up/etc. Of course, he'd drink a glass of straight up sugar if you poured water over it, soooo...

--Patrick

blotsfan

blotsfan

I'm glad you like it! Though if you haven't killed it yet, while loganberry is delicious, I've never found it to be a particularly good mixer. I hope you find something that works for you though.

And that Spongebob reference is the very first thing I think of when I see your name, so I'm glad the people around you appreciate that too.

Dei

Dei

I'm glad you like it! Though if you haven't killed it yet, while loganberry is delicious, I've never found it to be a particularly good mixer. I hope you find something that works for you though.

And that Spongebob reference is the very first thing I think of when I see your name, so I'm glad the people around you appreciate that too.
I have never really liked Loganberry. I'll drink it, but I'm not thrilled with it. My husband on the other hand drinks nothing but Loganberry whenever we visit my parents.

Bubble181

Bubble181

I have no idea wat kind of fruit a loganberry is.

blotsfan

blotsfan

I have no idea wat kind of fruit a loganberry is.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Loganberry

An obscure berry mostly just used to make a soft drink that is pretty much only available in the Buffalo/Niagara region.