[PC Game] Heroes of the Storm: Halforums Storming it Up better than Halle Berry

Weekend is here and it looks like the more toxic crowd is coming in to play. People seem to give up just so easily! We played on Blackheart's Bay tonight and our Brightwing threatened to go AFK the moment we lost our lead. I feel like this is a pretty easy map to come back on though, you know? How can s/he be calling it in at level 9 or so just because they got their ultimates first? We ended up winning anyway since we were just able to get turn in after turn in.

And another game came around and honestly it would have been a miracle for us to win just based on team comp. No team had support, but they had two tanks vs us with all assassins, plus Tyrael. In a PUG where we won't be coordinating our focus fire it's unlikely we'd be winning a lot of team fights. Still though, why not just sit back and enjoy it? Play with a weird build to test it out for all I care! Just have some fun, yo!

Anyway, I guess that's my rant. I think I need to start using the mute button a bit more :D still lots of fun!

I've blocked soooooo many people lately. I'm thinking about sticking to hero league for matches for at least a while. The MMR matching on the game is so screwed up for the solo queue. I'm level 40 with a 70-80% win rate except on the newer maps, simply because I haven't played too many matches on those maps, and for some reason Blackheart's Bay is hovering around 60%. I'm constantly being paired with level 1-12 people with 50% or lower win rates. I'm not trying to be elitist or anything, but if you try to help the team out by going over objectives, people get all pissy. I got a garden terror and they still had one of the seed golems up, so I took it to the fight to deny seeds for the other team and one of the players jumped all down my throat that pushing is more important than objectives. If they would have taken the golem with me we would have had plenty of time to get down a fort with the remaining time, but the team was so disorganized, they were just running around like a chicken with heads cut off. We also would have gotten 2 terrors for the other team's zero terrors.

Also, god damn it people, make sure we're getting lane experience instead of chasing unimportant kills. It's like people refuse to believe that lane exp is greater than hero exp early in the game.

On the plus side, in the next patch, they're going to fix Anub'Arak's beetles so they attack your target instead of meandering wherever they feel like. I love that hero, but his trait is straight up broken.

Last edited:
Hey guys, my son started playing Heroes of the Storm, and I am looking for someone to pass Chogall to me, assuming that's still a thing. Anyone help me out? @Ravenpoe ?

Hey guys, my son started playing Heroes of the Storm, and I am looking for someone to pass Chogall to me, assuming that's still a thing. Anyone help me out? @Ravenpoe ?
I don't think you can get him just by playing him anymore, you have to buy him. BUT I think only one of you needs to. So if you have him on your account your son can still play the other half if y'all are teamed up.

Last edited:
So Hero Brawl came out today, which if you've played Hearthsone is a similar idea. It's a new game mode where the normal rules don't apply. This week's brawl is "Punisher Arena" where two teams try to get 100 points in a small arena map. No minions, no lanes, one health fountain per side with buffed up health and shields and no way to directly do core damage. Each hero kill is worth 4 points, and each Punisher kill is worth 10.

When you start the match each member of your team is given a choice between 3 heroes. It can be any hero in the game except like Abathur and Cho'gall I think. You also have a chance to roll a 5v5 all the same character match. I've had 5v5 Jaina and Li-ming so far. I've seen 5v5 Samuro the Blademaster and heard of a 5v5 Gazlowe game.

playing 3 games nets you 1,000 gold and a portrait. You don't even have to win. If you've been away for a bit you might want to stop back in and check out the fun.

also, not to brag, but I'm 5/10 placement matches for Team League and even though we've gotten stomped each time it's been a real blast.

Ok, so Heroes released "Heroes 2.0" today

Basically:
1) Everything is free..kinda. You get Loot crates like in Overwatch, which give you 4 free things. Skins, heroes, emotes, voice lines announcer packs and so forth. Duplicate items give you Shards which work like Dust in Hearthstone. You can then craft any cosmetic item you want. You can get the crates with money or by player progression.
2) A lot of new content from cosmetics, new her Genji, new map Hanamura and lots more.
3) A lot of free shit. If you log on right now you'll get a 20 hero mega pack for free. A lot of the heroes offered are pretty new, as well.
4) A new nexus challenge with rewards in both Hots and Overwatch.

If you haven't played in a while, you should give it a look out at least for the mega bundle. If you haven't played before if you use myrefer a friend link you'll get everything and a little bit more!

I plan to at least take advantage of the mega bundle.
Now to figure out which one contains the most characters I don't already have...

--Patrick

I plan to at least take advantage of the mega bundle.
Now to figure out which one contains the most characters I don't already have...

--Patrick
When you view the bundle in the shop there will be a check mark next to ones you own. I got the assassin one since it had 8 that I didn't already have. The rest only had 4 or so.

One thing I forgot to mention about the loot chests is that you can spend gold to re-roll them. You get 3 re-rolls, the price of which goes up every time and the rarity of the items isn't guaranteed. So if you have an epic loot chests, which guarantees an epic item and you re-rol it you might get all commons. But of course if you get all commons you might get some epics or legendary items next roll.

Gaah I need to get those quests in sheesh why do all the Blizzard games have to compete for my attention?

--Patrick

I went back to play this for the skins but I'm actually enjoying it. Granted my game of choice is still league because I hate myself apparently and this is enough like that that I don't feel too lost but it is decent. The revolving maps are a welcome change.

To make matters worse, Blizzard sent me an invite to the necromancer diablo 3 beta.
I already decided that if I make the beta I'm not going to take advantage of it.
I don't have the time to divide between both real and fake Diablo. Plus of course I'm going to get it when it comes out, so I'll deal with it then.

--Patrick

FTFY

...I mean, I can see how you might not be excited for week 3's rewards:
View attachment 23758

But I expected you'd be quite interested in the week 4 reward:
View attachment 23759

--Patrick
Time playing ten Heroes of the Storm matches vs cost of just buying ten loot boxes divided by how much I make in an hour at work? Not worth it. D.Va skin and I'm out ... until the next exclusive reward Blizzard gives out for sacrificing a part of your life to this.

Time playing ten Heroes of the Storm matches vs cost of just buying ten loot boxes divided by how much I make in an hour at work? Not worth it.
Sooo...about 3-1/2 hrs playtime, $10 for 10(11) loot boxes in Overwatch + $10 for 10(12) chests in HotS = approx $10/hr as a wage (after accounting for taxes and such). So using the Bill Gates model, completing the quests is not worth it if your wage is > $10/hr, since it would be more economical of your time to simply purchase that many loot boxes ... but that assumes you never play HotS again. If you do play the game again, then the equivalent RL wage will go up, since the more hours you log (or "volunteer") in HotS, the greater the discount you are applying to your time.

...no, I'm not encouraging you to play, I just found the exercise amusing.

--Patrick

Sooo...about 3-1/2 hrs playtime, $10 for 10(11) loot boxes in Overwatch + $10 for 10(12) chests in HotS = approx $10/hr as a wage (after accounting for taxes and such). So using the Bill Gates model, completing the quests is not worth it if your wage is > $10/hr, since it would be more economical of your time to simply purchase that many loot boxes ... but that assumes you never play HotS again. If you do play the game again, then the equivalent RL wage will go up, since the more hours you log (or "volunteer") in HotS, the greater the discount you are applying to your time.

...no, I'm not encouraging you to play, I just found the exercise amusing.

--Patrick
I actually thought you might :p.

Life is too short for me to play more Heroes of the Storm than necessary. If I liked the game, then it'd be different.

I wish Blizz would give cool Overwatch stuff for playing Hearthstone.

I actually thought you might :p.

Life is too short for me to play more Heroes of the Storm than necessary. If I liked the game, then it'd be different.

We already have card backs for all of the games! Can you imagine what a Hearthstone inspired OW skin would look like? lol

But I agree.

I do like the game, my biggest problem is that unlike Diablo, Hearthstone, or Overwatch, the matches tend to be > 15min on average, and I can't sign up for having to play > 1hr worth of quests every day.
Amen to that.

Also I realized that my breakdown only actually applies if you play HotS during work hours.
If we're talking about your leisure time, then it's a guaranteed added value to that time unless you a) get paid during your leisure time or b) don't enjoy playing.

--Patrick

AAAAAHHHHH

this match has gone on for 25 fucking minutes! I hate this fucking game!

I just want to lose and move on with my life ... but even after this I'll have two more matches to do.

AAAAAHHHHH
this match has gone on for 25 fucking minutes! I hate this fucking game!
I just want to lose and move on with my life ... but even after this I'll have two more matches to do.
You've summed up why I don't play it that often.
I'll look for ya if I'm online, I have company over right now or I'd play BUT right now I have to fix all their phones and computers...

--Patrick

You've summed up why I don't play it that often.
I'll look for ya if I'm online, I have company over right now or I'd play BUT right now I have to fix all their phones and computers...

--Patrick
Thanks; I'd had enough for the night though. I thought these matches didn't go longer than 15, but this ended at 32.

Just two to go; hopefully not dragging endlessly.

I do like the game, my biggest problem is that unlike Diablo, Hearthstone, or Overwatch, the matches tend to be > 15min on average, and I can't sign up for having to play > 1hr worth of quests every day.
Well, if you just want to do the daily quests, they work on Vs. AI, and you can beat Begginer in 3-5 min (depending on the map) if you know what you're doing (i did it under 3 yesterday - Hammer and Sylv are op even after the nerf to Black Arrow).

Well, if you just want to do the daily quests, they work on Vs. AI, and you can beat Begginer in 3-5 min (depending on the map) if you know what you're doing (i did it under 3 yesterday - Hammer and Sylv are op even after the nerf to Black Arrow).
I can usually do AI matches in not much time (I love playing Assassin characters and training them to max gankness), but the quests that require grouping with friends or which require quick play/competitive always take sooooooo looooooong.

--Patrick