Help me find a cartoon/comic

So a friend of mine wanted to know if i could help him remember where this was from, but it doesn't sound familiar to me at all:

What is the post apocalyptic cartoon or comic where an angel comes to hire a hero turned bounty hunter?

I just remember that he's a ex-hero (don't remember which one) in a post Judgment Day world working as a bounty hunter. One of his hands it's replaced by a claw. He just catch-ed something in one of his traps (i think a monster) and an angel comes to ask for his help to battle someone. Until now he didn't pick any sides, killing devils and angels to survive.
Anyone have any ideas?

Well the way he told it it could be an Elseworld/What If type of thing...

Maybe even an anime...

Also when he saw it and where. If it was something shown on cable or TV a decade ago it could narrow it down.

It would help to know if it was an anime, manga, comic, cartoon series, or movie.
Yes, yes it would.

He seemed to think it might have been a alternate future Punisher or Jonah Hex, so i'm assuming it must have been an american type cartoon/comic...

Also when he saw it and where.
This country was still communist when we where born, so he mos def didn't see it when it originally came out.