Hasbro Producing Biggest, Most Expensive Transformer Ever

Of course I saw that movie. Nostalgia isn't something that normally affects me. But I do own an Insecticon and I play with it sometimes.

Oh God it's $600. That's too damn much for me to justify.

I need to keep telling myself that, over and over.

Anyone want to go in splitsies and have a timeshare joint ownership?

Zappit

Staff member
That $600 price tag is just...I mean, that’s what I paid for my Masterpiece Devastator (Toyworld Constructor, FYI) but I didn’t pay it all at once.

What makes it all the more difficult is that, well, this is pretty much it for Unicron. They’ll never try to top it. It IS the top for this character. This will be the only fun they ever do, too.

Two months to decide...

Guys, I have a weakness for both toys and nostalgia, but I think this might be a bit too much.

Now, if it also SOUNDS like Orson Wells, then...

While I would love for that to be my 77th Transformer, 8 cannot pay almost $800 CAD for a toy. I was lucky to convince my wife to let me preorder the transformers Ghostbusters crossover earlier this year.

E5017.jpg

Personally not that interested, but I don't think the price tag is that ridiculous. Some of the Lego star wars items are more expensive.

Personally not that interested, but I don't think the price tag is that ridiculous. Some of the Lego star wars items are more expensive.
Yeah, for a toy that price is ridiculous. For a high-end piece marketed at adult collectors with plenty of disposable income? Not so much.

Although it's a good job you're not that interested since Hasbro Pulse only ships to the US & Canada so us Europeans can't buy it anyway. Makes it a lot easier to tell yourself you don't need something that you can't get anyway :p.

Zappit

Staff member
Update on the design presented at SDCC.

They’ve also revealed a TON of new figures, too, and this pretty much sealed it for me. I’d rather get those smaller figures than this big one. Apparently, they also revealed that Unicron will be available in Japan as a TakaraTomy Mall exclusive. It...might be more readily available than previously expected.

So that $600 is safe, though part of it is going to purchase A LOT of other figures. :D Seriously, they’re actually doing the Rainmakers! I’ve wanted that since I was six!

Update on the design presented at SDCC.

They’ve also revealed a TON of new figures, too, and this pretty much sealed it for me. I’d rather get those smaller figures than this big one. Apparently, they also revealed that Unicron will be available in Japan as a TakaraTomy Mall exclusive. It...might be more readily available than previously expected.

So that $600 is safe, though part of it is going to purchase A LOT of other figures. :D Seriously, they’re actually doing the Rainmakers! I’ve wanted that since I was six!
Are they just the Rainmakers but in Earth-Seeker form, or Rainmakers in Cybertronian form? Because an obscure toy company called "Impossible Toys" did that and I'd like another chance to get a bad ass proto-former Cybertronian jet...let it...slip by me once before...many stellarcycles ago.

Zappit

Staff member
The Siege line TFs are ALL Cybertronian forms. The Seekers are all Tetra-Jets, but not quite completely screen accurate. They are great, though. This is the first time they’ve ever made the Rainmakers, an they even made Red Wing, which just came out of left field. Hell, they made Reflector, who really never had a proper toy release.

Basically, the last couple lines, Titans Return and Power of the Primes, weren’t that great. I almost quit collecting the official stuff during Titans Return. Siege has been a COMPLETE turnaround for the main line, and I haven’t been disappointed by a single figure yet. It’s been a friggin’ Renaissance.

Also, the Impossible Toys Tetra-Jets were hot, steaming turds. They were just...not good, by almost every review.

You want Cybertronian Seekers, THIS is the time to get them. Starscream, Thundercracker, and Skywarp are all available on Amazon. (Skywarp is part of an exclusive set.) The Rainmakers technically come out this fall as a Target exclusive, though some are finding their way onto the shelves early. Red Wing is another Target exclusive, and, unfortunately, it’s a Red Card exclusive. I got lucky. They put it online without that restriction for about a day, but honored all the orders anyway.

Zappit

Staff member
The deadline has been extended until October 6th. I...I think I’m going to get this. I was going to break and order it today, but now that I have a little more time to save up enough?

I saw a video of someone demonstrating how it transforms. Cool as it is conceptually, it didn't look like fun at all. A non-transforming model would probably look better and be more fun to pose.

Zappit

Staff member
At nineteen pounds, transforming it will be a bitch. I suspect most collectors who get it will pick one more and keep it that way.

I saw a video of someone demonstrating how it transforms. Cool as it is conceptually, it didn't look like fun at all. A non-transforming model would probably look better and be more fun to pose.
But if they made a non-transforming model, you know you'd be saying to yourself "Man, I know it would be impractical, but wouldn't it be cool if it could transform?"