HAPPY JUNETEENTH

Status
Not open for further replies.
The day that the Union Army showed up in Galveston to announce the end of the American Civil War, and more importantly the Emancipation Proclamation. Huge holiday in Texas and LA. I heard that it is a new holiday in Culifornia.

Well that explains why I didn't know anything about it.

But now that I know, yay for Juneteenth, I guess.

I'd never heard of it until this very moment. And it's been around for 144 years?!?

I

Iaculus

Hrm - pity that such a worthy holiday has such a stupid-sounding name.

It's better known, on a different date for different states/countries/etc, as Emancipation day.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Emancipation_Day

Texas
Main article: Juneteenth

In Texas, Emancipation Day is celebrated on June 19. It commemorates the announcement in Texas of the abolition of slavery made on that day in 1865. It is commonly known as Juneteenth.

-Adam

Here's Chaz before the line:

Chazwozel
[hr:36ba637u][/hr:36ba637u]

Here's Chaz stepping over that line:

[hr:36ba637u][/hr:36ba637u]
Chazwozel

Any questions?

Chaz. Stop. You're coming extremely close to breaking rule #8:

8) User harassment, racist and discriminatory posts including race, religion, or sex will be warned. We have people of all races/colors/faiths/sexual orientation here. Let's play nice, people.

I know you're not serious, but come on.

C

Chazwozel

Edrondol said:

8) User harassment, racist and discriminatory posts including race, religion, or sex will be warned. We have people of all races/colors/faiths/sexual orientation here. Let's play nice, people.

Of course I'm not serious!

Chazwozel said:
Edrondol said:

Of course I'm not serious!
I know. But without context it looks bad. It's a thread about the end of slavery and you post that? If I didn't know you were joking I'd have been pissed. As it was I just shook my head.

The days of the battle flag being seen as a symbol of Southern Culture has passed. For the last 15 plus years, it just stands for hate. Times have changed, and the old arguments don't hold up anymore.

C

Chazwozel

Jake said:
Don't be such a *, Dave.

Besides, I doubt they come more yankee than Chazwozel.

You take that back you somabitch! I reckon I'll fix your wagon, right after I drink me some of this here moonshine. YEEEEHAAAAWWWW!

-- Fri Jun 19, 2009 9:15 am --

sixpackshaker said:
The days of the battle flag being seen as a symbol of Southern Culture has passed. For the last 15 plus years, it just stands for hate. Times have changed, and the old arguments don't hold up anymore.

Riiiiggghhttt.....

I guess living in hockey country you must not have much interactions with other ethnic groups. Please get the racist crap off this web page.

C

Chazwozel

sixpackshaker said:
Chazwozel said:
The SOUTH SHALL RISE AGAIN, BOY!

That flag does fit you better.

Why would you try to use the gay flag as an insult against me, unless... omg.... HATE CRIME!!!!! You're totally prejudice against gays!

-- Fri Jun 19, 2009 9:40 am --

sixpackshaker said:
I guess living in hockey country you must not have much interactions with other ethnic groups. Please get the racist crap off this web page.
PA is hockey country? I live in Philly chief. The population in Philly is like 90% black. Get over yourself.

Status
Not open for further replies.