Halforums Secret Santa 2022

GasBandit

Staff member
Due to real life developments, it looks like Emrys is not going to be able to run the Secret Santa this year, so if nobody objects, I'll step up and take over this year.

What is it?

It's a Secret Santa gift exchange between your fellow Halforumites. Everyone who signs up will be randomly assigned another participant. You are then tasked to buy that person a gift. As a recipient, you should leave a few hints in a post to this thread (or PM me the information) as to what sort of interests you have.

Who can sign up?

Those who joined the forum on or before January 1, 2021 with more than a handful of posts will be allowed to participate.

To sign up, send me a PM. As this is my first year running this, I will need:
  • your email address
  • shipping address
  • any gift rules/restrictions
  • whether or not you would be willing to ship internationally (including USA to Canada).
  • Be sure to specify whether or not you would accept NSFW or "adult" gifts (such as alcohol/sex themed gifts).

The deadline for signing up will be Monday, November 21, 2022. We're getting a little bit of a late start of it this year, so I'm trying to allow a little later deadline than usual. The following day, you will be randomly assigned to a Secret Santa recipient and will be sent a PM with the information on your giftee. Final deadline for sending the gift is Monday, December 12, 2022.

Price range is whatever you are comfortable with giving. Feel free to spend as much as you want; just be aware that the more you spend, the less likely you will receive a gift of equal value. Homemade/handmade gifts are allowed, and even encouraged (no homemade food, please).

Try to send something you think the other person will like. As much as I can, I will be getting gift ideas/wish lists from the participants so you can send them something suitable.

Once you received your gift, post pictures. Share the joy. But if you don’t like your gift, don’t complain in the forums (especially if you didn’t supply any suggestions). Remember, it’s something somebody picked out for you in particular so don't be a butt about it.

Unless specified by the giftee, do not send NSFW. If I can restrain myself from sending normies something sticky and unsettling, so can you.

Please note that many states/nations have rules about shipping alcohol. When in doubt, choose another gift.

Finally, ship well in advance. Be kind to yourself and the postal workers and ship your stuff by Dec 13th to make sure it arrives before the crazy Christmas rush that always happens at the latter half of December.

If I missed anything or if you have questions, please let me know.

=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

LIST OF PARTICIPANTS:
GasBandit (Got Info)
evilmike (Got Info)
Bubble181 (Got Info)
Tress (Got Info)
Celt Z (Got Info)
Dave (Got Info)
Dirona (Got Info)
Tinwhistler (Got Info)
Dei (Got Info)
Bert (Got Info)
General Specific (Got Info)
Bhamv3 (Got Info)
Wahad (Got Info)

Last edited:
Sure. But I reserve the right to complain if I don't get anything :p even if it turns out there's a very good reason for my Santa not to be able to send something afterwards, I understand and accept but I still get to be at least a little bit salty dammit, at least let me have that:p

GasBandit

Staff member
Ok, everybody should have gotten a message from me with the identity and information of their victim. If you did not, PM me.

Remember to please get your item in the mail by Dec 12th. Happy hunting, yous guys.

@Dirona
Your Santa would like to know if you have a wishlist, or any interests that you would like to share?
I do not have a wishlist, but blasphemy is indeed always appreciated. I've been getting into embroidery and cross stitch also, so kits (small ones) are a good choice too. As are any local delicacies that can be shipped to Canada.