Halforums House 4 - Story/Update thread

GasBandit

Staff member
:heart:

All I wanna know is who am I gonna woohoo in the Jungle? Do I take someone with me? Do I find someone there?? I have questions!
Well, at the risk of making a very bad and inappropriate joke... your remaining aspiration goal involves getting to grips with three traps...

GasBandit

Staff member
So she's gonna get it on with Admiral Ackbar, Bridget, and Poison?
Poison isn't applicable, Nintendo only pretended she was because they didn't want a game to have the player hit a woman. It's been re-retconned back to proper canon, now :p

Poison isn't applicable, Nintendo only pretended she was because they didn't want a game to have the player hit a woman. It's been re-retconned back to proper canon, now :p
So she's officially a post-op transwoman now? Or have they gone back to her being a ciswoman? It seems like every version has a different story.

GasBandit

Staff member
So she's officially a post-op transwoman now? Or have they gone back to her being a ciswoman? It seems like every version has a different story.
It went round around round around round and back again for a while, with capcom being very coy on it, but last I heard the whole thing was called off and she's plain old cis now.

GasBandit

Staff member
Sunday, 1st of Fall, Year 2 - Household 4

Household 4 - Jwhouk Tinwhistler CeltZ Snuffleupagus Dei DarkAudit Gasbandit and Daisy.jpg

Trouble in paradise.

Alas, the first thing I find upon rejoining Household 4 is that Snuffles' beloved dog, Daisy, has passed on.
04-03-19_7-41-11 PM.png

Tofu dogs for breakfast? In armchairs? Sure, why not?
04-03-19_7-43-21 PM.png

Jwhouk only needs to read one more book to level up his aspiration. After he finished breakfast, I set him to it.
04-03-19_7-45-57 PM.png

Dei still has no auditions, so she plays vidya. Something's up here... Why does she still have no auditions? It's been over a season!
04-03-19_7-49-37 PM.png

I try to get Darkaudit and Gas focused again, but it just doesn't want to work this time either.
04-03-19_7-49-52 PM.png

Tinwhistler carves up a couple nice decorative wood items to satisfy his aspiration and kickstart his handiness skill a little.
04-03-19_7-50-04 PM.png

Snuffles is getting good at this mixologist stuff. Not good enough though, so he keeps practicing.

Celt Z just has a little more charm practice to go to achieve Charisma 4.
04-03-19_7-53-03 PM.png

Tinwhistler pays the household's bills... what the.. THIRTEEN THOUSAND DOLLARS?!! That's half the liquid cash! People gonna need to find jobs PDQ.
04-03-19_7-54-36 PM.png

I have Dei switch acting agencies. THEY manage to find her a new audition.
04-03-19_8-00-17 PM.png

Well, that's enough strenuous work for her today, I guess.

Celt Z's working hard. She takes a break for a nap.
04-03-19_8-06-17 PM.png

Boy, Jwhouk isn't exactly speed-reading that book.
04-03-19_8-13-56 PM.png

Refreshed from her nap, Celt Z resumes her charisma practice.
04-03-19_8-16-17 PM.png

I finally manage to finagle DA and Gas into focus by piping new age music directly at them while they game. That step of their aspirations achieved, they both proceed to get jobs as tech support.
04-03-19_8-17-38 PM.png

Jwhouk gives up on his book and grabs something to eat. He takes it downstairs to talk to Snuffles while he does so. Snuffles feels pretty good now that I've decorated his workspace. He cracks a risque joke, but Jwhouk finds it repulsive. Oops.
04-03-19_8-18-54 PM.png

Hrm, that speaker is turning out to be quite a bit of a distraction. I may need to do something about that.
04-03-19_8-24-25 PM.png

Tin noticed the coffee machine is absolutely filthy. Eewww.
04-03-19_8-27-57 PM.png

Dei is in an oddly flirty mood, and makes a pass at GasBandit. She thought Celt Z was out of earshot, I guess. But she wasn't.
04-03-19_8-30-00 PM.png

Man, everybody wants to eat at Snuffles' bar today.
04-03-19_8-31-28 PM.png

Celt Z's progress at charm practice is impeded by her jealousy. She goes downstairs to yell at Gas from across the room. Does anyone else feel like it's a little ironic that the SERIAL ROMANTIC is mad that one of her beaus got flirted with by her sister? Well, at any rate, now her aspiration wants her to have strong romantic attachment to 3 sims simultaneously, AND kiss 10 sims.

And then she turns to her favorite balm... but there shall be no sweet caffeine for Celt Z, as she breaks the thingy.
04-03-19_8-35-12 PM.png

Bereft of her liquid focus, Celt Z loses consciousness on the nearest flat surface.
04-03-19_8-35-54 PM.png

Tinwhistler to the rescue.
04-03-19_8-36-34 PM.png

At first I thought Tin and Snuffles were having an argument, but it seems to be some sort of bizarre bonding ritual.

Dei spends a LOT of time trolling.
04-03-19_8-44-52 PM.png

After getting something quick to eat, Snuffles, Tin, Celt Z, and Jwhouk head off to bed.
04-03-19_8-46-47 PM.png

Dei and Gas only stay up a bit later, but it's DarkAudit who decides to pull an all nighter. He goes watersliding and plays video games, and the time alone really perks him up due to his loner trait.
04-03-19_8-52-56 PM.png

At 5 am I try to save and quit, but it tells me I'm not allowed to do that while a vampire is breaking in. Wot? I find this creepy person out front... but apparently they change their mind and leave.

Is there anything else in the household inventory tagged "focusing decor"? Put some of that near where you want us doing stuff, and turn on Emotional Aura.

I like the fact that DA is sitting there feeling confident while the vampire approaches the house, switching to happy as she leaves. It's as if he's thinking "A vampire's trying to break in? Meh, I can take her." Then after she leaves he gets to smugly tell himself "See? She knows I could'a taken her."

GasBandit

Staff member
I like the fact that DA is sitting there feeling confident while the vampire approaches the house, switching to happy as she leaves. It's as if he's thinking "A vampire's trying to break in? Meh, I can take her." Then after she leaves he gets to smugly tell himself "See? She knows I could'a taken her."
Vampires in this game are kind of a pushover. In my previous trial runs, I was able to avert a vampire attack simply by having whatever sim was awake at the time use the standard "ask to leave" social option on the vampire.

GasBandit

Staff member
Well, they have to be invited in, in many stories, so that checks out.
Kinda, I guess. In this game, they can "break in" despite not being invited, but I guess if they are explicitly *disinvited* they are compelled to comply.

Kinda, I guess. In this game, they can "break in" despite not being invited, but I guess if they are explicitly *disinvited* they are compelled to comply.
They can only break in if they have the specific vampiric trait Eternally Welcome. Otherwise, they have to be invited.

Supposedly you're a ghost. You're just... AWOL.
Also, I specifically disallowed making vampire simsonas back in the character creation thread :p
Which I've been meaning to ask; if you said, "no vampires", then how do we have vampires in the game? What in the name of Buffy is this nonsense?

Which I've been meaning to ask; if you said, "no vampires", then how do we have vampires in the game? What in the name of Buffy is this nonsense?
Because you can't disable DLC. That's why I haven't purchased that one.

GasBandit

Staff member
There are townies who are vampires already. Even if I delete them, the game randomly generates more.

GasBandit

Staff member
Monday, 2nd of Fall, Year 2 - Household 5

Household 5 fixed - Klew Sara Null Bhamv3 Zappit Sparhawk TigerTsang and Silk.jpg

Crazy people need love too.

Alas, much like Household 4, I am immediately greeted with sad news - Silk passed away sometime in the last few days, off camera. Still, it's fitting he had to leave one more poop before he went.
04-04-19_7-25-14 PM.png

Tofu dogs for breakfast. I did buy a fire extinguisher, didn't I?
04-04-19_7-25-52 PM.png

For some reason, most folks decided to go downstairs and get popcorn for breakfast instead of eat tofu dogs. Maybe nobody really likes tofu here either, just like in real life.
04-04-19_7-27-52 PM.png

Sparhawk's not really hungry though; he watches a movie in the basement theater.
04-04-19_7-28-15 PM.png

Coffee time.
04-04-19_7-31-20 PM.png

Sara finally gets around to fixing the dishwasher, while Tiger gathers the dishes that have been piling up.
04-04-19_7-32-23 PM.png

I've tried this with every urn so far and had no luck, but just to make sure, I have Sparhawk attempt to contact Silk through the urn.
04-04-19_7-34-32 PM.png

The heck kind of "Great Value Brand" Jenga is this?!
04-04-19_7-36-42 PM.png

Popcorn isn't very filling. Time for Second Breakfast.
04-04-19_7-37-26 PM.png

Null sets down to write. He's expanding his scope, and decides to write a book of short stories this time.
nullbook.jpg

Sara and Tiger get along pretty well.
04-04-19_7-41-34 PM.png

Zappit's feeling mathematical today.
04-04-19_7-42-31 PM.png

Sara's got ambitions, and carving something out of wood is the next step along that path.
04-04-19_7-42-43 PM.png

I spot my alter ego down the street at the park, visiting a food vendor. Hey! Me! We're not really supposed to eat pizza any more!
04-04-19_7-43-41 PM.png

Emrys is also seen playing in the fall leaves.
04-04-19_7-44-42 PM.png

Bhamv's not made ANY progress on her romantic aspirations. I send her across the street to meet with the only person she's ever flirted with - Gryfter. Unfortunately, her erratic personality (formerly called "insanity" before Maxis got all PC on us) makes the things she say sway wildly between alluring and repellant. She gets nowhere.
04-04-19_7-51-20 PM.png

Zappit goes downtown to admire the art in a local museum.
04-04-19_7-58-17 PM.png

... and chat up some fellow art-appreciators.
04-04-19_7-59-15 PM.png

Zappit has progressed far enough down his aspirational track to afford one of the better rewards. He becomes a creative visionary.
zappit creative visionary.jpg

Klew gets home from work, and promptly breaks the coffee maker.
04-04-19_8-03-16 PM.png

No coffee causes an early evening crisis of consciousness in the house.
04-04-19_8-03-48 PM.png

You know, I installed two perfectly good bathrooms on the first floor, and Null still would rather "water the plants."

Sparhawk gets home from work and is so worn out he heads straight to bed.
04-04-19_8-06-36 PM.png

Klew goes for a skate. He's not making a lot of progress down his aspiration track, but you know, there's a lot to be said for the satisfaction of having a job that pays $492 an hour.

Sara, however, gets focused.
04-04-19_8-09-15 PM.png

This empowers her to fix the coffee machine, and use the parts to upgrade the durability of the sink. Because that's how that works, shut up.
04-04-19_8-17-03 PM.png

Null's been working hard at his book all day, but as evening grows later, he finds himself getting distracted... and he and Bhamv really start to hit it off. I guess it makes sense... erratic personalities can come together in some kind of synergy, I guess.
04-04-19_8-18-35 PM.png

Much to my shock, a spectral hound appears.
04-04-19_8-19-21 PM.png

Sparhawk is understandably elated. He welcomes Silk back to the household.
04-04-19_8-20-49 PM.png

Meanwhile, passions are rising between Null and Bhamv. Bhamv gets her first boyfriend, and the hunt is officially on.
04-04-19_8-21-56 PM.png

Finally, somebody actually uses a BED for this. Bhamv and Null woo-hoo themselves straight into unconsciousness.

Hrm, it seems even ghost dogs can get sick.
04-04-19_8-26-31 PM.png

Spar's not feeling so great, himself.
04-04-19_8-27-38 PM.png

An etherial cone-of-shame and a new squeaky toy for the Silk Spectre.
04-04-19_8-28-51 PM.png