Halforums House 4 - Story/Update thread

I debated which to use, and decided based on the source of the utterance.
Pretty sure in order to truly be a malapropism, the word used has to be an actual word, like "fecal cauliflower bacteria" or "klaatu barada necktie."

--Patrick

Last edited:

GasBandit

Staff member
Thursday, 5th of Fall, Year 1 - Household 5

Household 5 fixed - Klew Sara Null Bhamv3 Zappit Sparhawk TigerTsang and Silk.jpg

Be advised, the gfycat gifs have an "HD" button in the lower right hand corner. The embed defaults to SD, so switching it cleans them up a fair bit.

Also there's sound if you want them, by clicking the speaker in the upper right corner.

Today is Harvestfest, so Bhamv3 has the day off from school. She starts the day by watching a romantic movie.
03-19-19_7-08-29 PM.png

Sparhawk grills up burgers for everybody. Breakfast of champions, right?
03-19-19_7-08-46 PM.png

Zappit, however, decides he'd rather have a salad.
03-19-19_7-09-19 PM.png

Uh, turns out Null's "Creepy Walk" is a lot more literal than we might have thought. At any rate, he heads downstairs to waste a few quarters.

When Dei designed this house, she placed a journal on the desk in each bedroom, to help any aspiring writer sims. Klew and Sara spend the first hour or so of their day putting all these journals away on bookshelves, necessitating 16 trips up and down the stairs.
03-19-19_7-10-26 PM.png

Tiger's playing Sims. How meta.
03-19-19_7-10-46 PM.png

Bhamv3, being the unstable teen she is, spends a good half hour regaling a houseplant with a lascivious story.

She then heads over to claim a PC, to spend the next hour or so trolling forums for laughs.
03-19-19_7-12-30 PM.png

Null, not to be outdone, also has a chat with the plant.

Sara spends her morning slightly less deluded, discovering the joys of chess logic out on the second floor balcony.

Having finished his story, Null settles into a couch to read a book, while Sparhawk and Klew boogie down to the sounds of the nearby hi-fi.
03-19-19_7-17-16 PM.png

Sparhawk's dog, Silk, is having a good time outside. He gets sprayed by a skunk for his trouble.
03-19-19_7-18-03 PM.png

Zappit joins Sara on the balcony for a discussion on chess and the nature of giving thanks.
03-19-19_7-18-32 PM.png

Silk wanders back inside, and over to the stereo... proceeding to gross out the dancers.
03-19-19_7-19-58 PM.png

Sparhawk takes Silk upstairs and gives the dog a bath.
03-19-19_7-21-06 PM.png

Null and TigerTsang watch some cooking shows.
03-19-19_7-21-33 PM.png

Klew really likes this show.
03-19-19_7-23-24 PM.png

The burgers are a hit, as far as meals go. However, Null playfully insults Zappit, who then spends the next half hour yelling at Null. Their opinions of each other take a noticeable dive.
03-19-19_7-26-25 PM.png

Having finished Silk's bath, Sparhawk decides to relax with a steam in the sauna.
03-19-19_7-28-15 PM.png

I get a notification that Klew gets paid $1400 on his day off. Whoa, not bad, Klew. Heck, I didn't even know he had a job. Apparently, he's a really good painter? A REALLY good painter. He's level 10 in the career, "Master of the Real." I check the other sims in household 5... the only other one with a job is Sparhawk, who is a culture columnist.
03-19-19_7-31-11 PM.png

Everybody's really enjoying the holiday, even Zappit and Null are being civil again.
03-19-19_7-32-02 PM.png

Null pulls the ol' hand buzzer prank on Sparhawk. Sparhawk's a much better sport about such things, it seems.

Klew, belly full of burger, grabs a nap in the main foyer. Zappit does so as well, but chooses to go up to a bedroom.
03-19-19_7-33-44 PM.png

POTTY EMERGENCY
03-19-19_7-35-42 PM.png

Null decides he can't make it to any of the 9 bathrooms, and instead "fertilizes" two bushes out back.

Grumpy about the shouting match with Zappit earlier, he takes out his frustrations on the garbage can out front, and feels better.

Tiger Tsang gets the opportunity to mold the impressionable minds of the future.
schoolisstupid.jpg

advice.jpg

Sparhawk turns in at 8, and dreams of warmer climes.
03-19-19_7-41-21 PM.png

Downstairs, the party kicks into high gear.

Eventually, people trickle away one by one to nap or full on sleep. Tiger and Zappit continue on, and get along famously.
03-19-19_7-43-06 PM.png

Sparhawk is awoken by his stomach. He heads back downstairs and grabs a bowl of cereal.
03-19-19_7-43-58 PM.png

After which, he joins Zap and Tiger, still jackin' jaws and jammin' out.

Sara is energized by her late evening nap, and goes online to look up art stuff.
03-19-19_7-46-03 PM.png

She and Null get to talking by the stereo, and turns out they really get along well, becoming great friends. "Aren't you cold?" says the lady in the cat hoodie.
03-19-19_7-47-16 PM.png

It's just not Silk's day. First the skunk, and now bitten by a squirrel.
03-19-19_7-48-08 PM.png

Null decides it IS cold enough to put something on, and takes the dog out to piddle. Silk decides to do so RIGHT by the door, and this amuses Null greatly.
03-19-19_7-52-34 PM.png

Sara just can't fight the feeling. Looks like she is not planning to go back to bed tonight.

Bhamv wakes up really early, and decides to beat Sparhawk to the punch, with a twist - VEGGIE burgers, today.
03-19-19_7-54-23 PM.png

I don't see why they can't get along, Zappit and Null apparently have a lot in common. Taste in bathroom habits, for example. Maybe those are just REALLY comfy bushes.
https://gfycat.com/ShockedWhoppingGalapagosmockingbird

5 am and Sara finally decides maybe she should get some sleep.
03-19-19_7-56-25 PM.png

Nope, wait, her stomach growls, so back downstairs she goes to join in on the veggie burger breakfast.
03-19-19_7-57-39 PM.png

Last edited:

GasBandit

Staff member
Snuffles had to go to bed early, so you guys get two updates today.

Friday, 6th of Fall, Year 1 - Household 1

Household 1 - Cheesy Wasabi Gryfter Jun Charon Terrik Genspec Luca.jpg

We rejoin Household 1, with the usual anti-social computer behavior already underway.
03-19-19_10-58-48 PM.png

Most everybody's on the computer, though Charon is watching TV alone, and Jun is listening to music in the kitchen.
03-19-19_10-59-05 PM.png

Uh, something seems to be wrong with Luca... maybe a relapse of whatever caused Jun to take him to the vet 2 days ago.
03-19-19_10-59-59 PM.png

Terrik decides this vet stuff is easy, he can diagnose his own dog himself.
03-19-19_11-03-37 PM.png

While he does that, Jun whips up breakfast. Sometimes whipping a little too much.

Terrik diagnoses Luca with Winterfest Fever.
03-19-19_11-05-15 PM.png

A 20-simoleon wellness-treat does the trick. That may sound like a bargain, compared to Snuffles' $750 visit from before, but the exam table cost as much as about 10 vet visits. Welp, it's not like they're strapped for cash.
03-19-19_11-05-38 PM.png

As usual, the kitchen's the place to be for dancing.
03-19-19_11-06-00 PM.png

And then there's vidya in the living room.
03-19-19_11-06-46 PM.png

Wasabi goes out to shoot some hoops, but is disgruntled by the rain. Not disgruntled enough to not do SIT UPS in the rain, though.
03-19-19_11-08-02 PM.png

Luca's feeling much better. He and Terrik watch some TV.

Charon spends most of the morning chatting on the phone with parties unknown.
03-19-19_11-11-16 PM.png

Genspec and Terrik get chummy.
03-19-19_11-11-39 PM.png

But General find himself displaced by Jun, who starts talking dirty to Terrik.
03-19-19_11-12-53 PM.png

So, instead, GenSpec and Cheesy play with the equally-third-wheeled Luca.
03-19-19_11-13-11 PM.png

And then General spends some time connecting with Wasabi.
03-19-19_11-14-22 PM.png

The rain lets up just long enough for Charon to get a few dribbles in.
03-19-19_11-17-00 PM.png

Gryfter wants to be a nerd brain, so the household buys a bookshelf, and he finds himself prodded into reading a book.
03-19-19_11-17-12 PM.png

For similar reasons, General Specific suddenly has the urge to practice programming.
03-19-19_11-18-26 PM.png

Normally, Jun would be prompted to practice some music at this point, but she's already got other things on her mind.

Cheesy, however, is not doing anything in particular, so he finds himself similarly inspired to nerd it up.
03-19-19_11-20-28 PM.png

Charon relaxes in the hot tub after his exercise, and falls asleep.
03-19-19_11-22-08 PM.png

These two just can't keep their hands off each other.
03-19-19_11-22-30 PM.png

"Hey! Some of us need this bathroom for its intended purpose!" - Wasabi
03-19-19_11-22-48 PM.png

Cheesy gets a text from Sara.
text.jpg

When Sara and Cheesy arrive at the Stargazer Lounge, there's already a small crowd - turns out a couple genuine celebrities are there, too, and everybody's gawking.
03-19-19_11-24-37 PM.png

Oh, hey, Kags is here, too! She and Sara match!
03-19-19_11-26-17 PM.png

Sara, however, spends an inordinate amount of time texting in the bathroom.
03-19-19_11-27-20 PM.png

Suddenly, all hell breaks loose... the two celebrities have gotten into an actual, physical fist-fight. Nobody can look away.

Sara does try out her guitar at the mic... it isn't very good, but the crowd is understanding.
03-19-19_11-30-15 PM.png

Kags gets an autograph.
03-19-19_11-30-45 PM.png

Cheesy was feeling down, but watching the celebrity comedy routine cheers him up.
03-19-19_11-31-57 PM.png

When the talent showcase is over, Cheesy and Kags stick around a little while, enthusing about what they saw tonight. Sara apparently ghosted sometime previous to this, and went home with an Irish Goodbye.
03-19-19_11-33-44 PM.png

By the time Cheesy gets home, he's exhausted, and most everybody else is also going to bed. The only ones left up are Wasabi and Charon. Wasabi does some push ups in the kitchen. She's getting to be a real fitness buff, I guess. Charon's just watching TV.
03-19-19_11-37-29 PM.png

A couple hours after he went to bed, Cheesy wakes up hungry.
03-19-19_11-39-25 PM.png

Wasabi grabs a plate and joins him.
03-19-19_11-40-09 PM.png

As Cheesy heads off to bed again, Charon fires up the Karaoke machine. Guess the siblings aren't going to bed tonight. Lot of that going around lately.
03-19-19_11-42-05 PM.png

Hmmm, burgers for breakfast.

the only other one with a job is Sparhawk, who is a culture columnist.
Sooo....The only one with a job is Klew? :p

Man, I havent' played 4, played a lot of 1 and 2 and a bit of 3...Simlogic is really still something else.

Hah, I often do this when playing Irish music and I'm ready to split before everyone's done playing. Just scoot out the door while the band goes on. I never even knew it was called this :rofl:
This is opposite to the Mennonite goodbye which consists of at least an hour standing around saying goodbye, followed by another hour of chatting. *sigh*

PROTIP: Bathrooms on EVERY FLOOR! I moved my large sim family from a four bedroom condo to a 7 bedroom, 4-story mansion from the Gallery. For some reason, the butler decided he wanted to only cook in the basement lounge, instead of the fantastically appointed first floor kitchen. A basement that is only accessible by first going outside. The kids bedrooms are on the top floor. Waking up with hunger in the red and doing the slow Uncomfortable trudge down four floors is painful to watch. It's even worse when once they're down there, having to do the I Gotta Pee crab walk up at least two floors to the first available toilet. You won't always make it.

As well-appointed as it is, even for a full house plus butler, the place is just too damn big.

GasBandit

Staff member
Yeah, I'm getting the feeling I might have to remodel House 5 a little bit to add a couple small bathrooms to the first floor. Those bushes are pretty much stinky 24/7.

Yeah, I'm getting the feeling I might have to remodel House 5 a little bit to add a couple small bathrooms to the first floor. Those bushes are pretty much stinky 24/7.
I would just copy/paste the half bathroom downstairs and tack into the corner by the kitchen and move the instruments.

I ended up moving back to the apartment, and replacing the trap tubs with triangle-shaped ones to fill that gap. Then I moved a live-in girlfriend into the apartment next door to kick Diego Lobo out on his ass.

And yet I STILL wind up with noisy neighbors.

GasBandit

Staff member
Look, I know the kind of games I usually run might have created expectations, but I don't think murder is actually possible in sims 4 (at least not without mods I don't have) :p

I think the strongest level of violence is the comedic "dust cloud" fistfight that really doesn't hurt anything more than relationships.

Well, there ARE ways to die, but they are mostly things like drowning or accidental electrocution. Or being eaten by a carnivorous plant.

GasBandit

Staff member
Just keep the ladders in the pools.
I think they fixed that, and sims can now climb out of pools regardless of ladder placement, if they are tired. Most people intentionally drowning sims, these days, build actual physical house walls around the pool to prevent the sims from being able to get out.

GasBandit

Staff member
Woohoo! Immortality and better marriage choices!
That said, from what I gather, they've also made it slightly easier to die by misfortune. For example, going swimming when you're already tired, or trying to repair something within a couple hours of already having experienced an electric shock, or forgetting to feed the carnivorous plant, being outside during a bad thunderstorm, or watching a celebrity comedy routine when you're already in a really good mood. I've also heard that woohoo is now a very dangerous proposition for sims of the Elder age bracket. And, as DarkAudit warned, it is now possible to literally die of embarrasment (though generally this requires someone already very embarrased by something to do something equally embarrasing again, like have a bladder failure).

GasBandit

Staff member
Saturday, 7th of Fall, Year 1, Household 2

Household 2 - Adam Emrys MikeRC Squidley HCGLNS Patrthom Dirona and Pudding.jpg

We rejoin Household 2. HCGLNS is working on his logic with chess, and MikeRC is bawling his eyes out watching a romantic movie. Most everybody else is up in their room, surfing the web on their computers, except Adam is puttering around in the kitchen.
03-20-19_7-35-59 PM.png

HCGLNS has an aspiration to be a mixologist, but there's no bar here. That's a problem. Time to buy one.
03-20-19_7-38-47 PM.png

Once that's taken care of, HCGLNS gets right to work practicing mixing up drinks.

Dirona comes down and samples the fruits of his labor.

Squidley breaks in an easel by starting a new painting.

There's a deep conversation over breakfast.
03-20-19_7-43-47 PM.png

Adam partakes of the vidya.
03-20-19_7-44-03 PM.png

I am notified that the carpool will be arriving to take Squidley to work in an hour. Turns out Squidley has gotten herself a job as a police detective!
03-20-19_7-44-32 PM.png

Dirona wants to be a renaissance sim, so she begins down the arduous path of Logic.
03-20-19_7-45-17 PM.png

Emrys uses a laser pointer to play with Pudding.

At 9 am, Squidley reports for work at the police station. She's a rookie, so her duties are mostly assisting the more senior detectives with their work.
03-20-19_7-47-13 PM.png

She gets an assignment from the computer, and then travels to a crime scene to gather evidence.
03-20-19_7-50-42 PM.png

Sara is here, she is apparently a witness to the crime. Squidley interviews her and takes her statement.
03-20-19_7-52-10 PM.png

Having gathered enough evidence, Squidley returns to the station to run the samples through the chemical analyzer.
03-20-19_7-55-50 PM.png

And then she enters all the findings into the computer.
03-20-19_7-57-16 PM.png

Her big duties complete, she spends the rest of her shift getting fingerprints, taking mugshots, that sort of thing.
03-20-19_7-58-35 PM.png

Criminals carry some odd things in their pockets.
03-20-19_7-59-54 PM.png

That was kinda gross, actually. Squidley works off the icky feeling on a treadmill.

This is hungry work. Squidley gets a sammitch from the machine.
03-20-19_8-04-22 PM.png

Squidley did good today.
squidleyshift.jpg

She gets home, and Pudding is waiting for her.
03-20-19_8-07-00 PM.png

She also finishes up that painting she started this morning.
03-20-19_8-07-23 PM.png

She tries to have a conversation with Adam, but Pudding is very vocal.

Hi Honey, I'm Home
03-20-19_8-09-15 PM.png

MikeRC teaches himself to skate, despite the rain.

Pat and Adam watch a movie.
03-20-19_8-10-21 PM.png

HCGLNS has been working on his cooking, too. He whips up a taco casserole.

Hrm, something's wrong with the sink.
03-20-19_8-13-40 PM.png

Most everyone else is asleep or busy, so HCGLNS rolls up his sleeves and tries to fix it.
03-20-19_8-13-57 PM.png

He manages to fix the leak, but leaves behind a bit of a mess.
03-20-19_8-14-52 PM.png

Adam and Emrys get some reading in.
03-20-19_8-15-33 PM.png

And brushing the kitty, too.
03-20-19_8-16-51 PM.png

Adam takes it upon himself to tidy up the mess in the kitchen.
03-20-19_8-17-29 PM.png

Afterwards, he unwinds with a cuppa tea.
03-20-19_8-18-08 PM.png

Cats gonna cat.

Everybody goes to bed, and then at 2:30, MikeRC wakes up, having a hard time deciding which urgent bodily need he's going to attend to first.
03-20-19_8-20-59 PM.png

Mmm, taco casserole. Also, apparently, he's been working on his aspiration by pissing off townies. Good progress.
03-20-19_8-22-18 PM.png

Dirona and Squidley wake up, and there's vidya and casserole for breakfast. Time to move on to the next household!
03-20-19_8-23-17 PM.png