Halforums House 4 Character Creation Thread

Should HH4 updates be Video (7-14 day turnaround) or Screenshot (1-3 day turnaround) format?

• Video! I'm willing to wait for more engaging content.

Votes: 10 43.5%
  • Screenshots are fine, I want to see how things progress with as little delay as possible.

Votes: 13 56.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

GasBandit

Staff member
Boo! Hiss!

A miniature water buffalo?!
More or less. The size of a guinea pig. In fact it's even more messed up, because it also is duckbilled.

So, this. The size of a guinea pig.

Ah, hang on, I might have found a mod that adds ferrets.

GasBandit

Staff member
Well, let me test the ferret mod tonight and make sure it still works. If it does, then that will add ferrets, rabbits, degus, chinchillas, chipmunks, gerbils, guinea pigs, lemmings, squirrels and sugar gliders as options for small animal pets.

GasBandit

Staff member
So - how the heck do I capture a picture of the Sim I built in the demo? The Usual Way isn't working...
Just zip-up and send me all the files in your documents/Electronic Arts/Sims 4/Tray folder.

Oh and apparently you can just hit C on the keyboard and a screenshot will be placed in sims 4/screenshots

Last edited:

GasBandit

Staff member
Well, it seems Dave shall be spared the indignity of homeless canine life, as Sims 4 won't let me create a household with only a dog in it - there must be a human as well.

Incidentally, Emrys, there aren't Ferrets, but there are other rodents.
Repeat after me - ferrets are not rodents; they are rodent-eaters.

Now, go write that 100 times and send it to me in the morning. I hope you've learned your lesson.

GasBandit

Staff member
Repeat after me - ferrets are not rodents; they are rodent-eaters.

Now, go write that 100 times and send it to me in the morning. I hope you've learned your lesson.
Heh, most rodents ARE rodent eaters, but yeah, weasels aren't rodents.

Ferret ferret ferret ferret ferret ferret ferret ferret ferret!

Albino, please!
Closest I can come to that is white with brown markings, unfortunately.

GasBandit

Staff member
Can you do white with black? If not, white/brown is fine.
Er I meant white with creamy tan, but yes, I can do white with black markings, or black with white markings, or anything like that. It just seems like I can't do two of the same color.

Walk Style: Tough
Voice Depth: 4
Relationships: None
Aspiration: Renaissance Sim
Traits: Self-assured, Geek, Loves Outdoors

Everyday: Solid color button shirt, cargo pants
Formal: whatever is on a Men's Wearhouse special promotion
Athletic: sweat pants and moisture-wicking tech shirt
Sleep: lounge pants and plain t-shirt
Party: never happens
Swim: board shorts and a rashguard (got to stay sun-safe)
Hot Weather: see Everyday
Cold Weather: see Everyday

klalumni.jpg

GasBandit

Staff member
Is there a tentative start date for all of this? No rush, I’m just curious. :D

Or did I miss that somewhere?
Character Creation deadline is saturday. It'll probably start within a day or two after that. It'll get a new thread in the gaming subforum.

On my end, I've got 2.5 houses done, and I think we're gonna need 4, maybe 5. I hope not more than 5, as I'd like them all to be in the same little "Neighborhood" of Newcrest. But if we do need more than 5, it's not the end of the world. I might just reuse some of the house plans :p

1552577809713.png

Last edited:
Character Creation deadline is saturday. It'll probably start within a day or two after that. It'll get a new thread in the gaming subforum.

On my end, I've got 2.5 houses done, and I think we're gonna need 4, maybe 5. I hope not more than 5, as I'd like them all to be in the same little "Neighborhood" of Newcrest. But if we do need more than 5, it's not the end of the world. I might just reuse some of the house plans :p

View attachment 28797
Thank you so much!!

I did just miss it, sorryyyyy. Haha! I’m very excited and think you’re the greatest to do this much, put this much work in to entertaining us. :heart:

Last edited:
Name: Snuff Le Upagus
Gender - Male
Age - Young Adult
Walk style- Regular
Voice depth - 3
Relationship - single
Aspiration - Master Mixologist
Traits -Self Assured, Foodie, Dog lover

Physical appearance -
Fat, Short Brown Hair, Green eyes, White, Big beard

Everyday: T-shirt, Athletic shorts
Formal: Khakis, Button up
Athletic: T-shirt, Athletic shorts
Sleep: Underwear
Party: Jeans, Long sleeve shirt
Swimwear: Trunks
Hot weather: T-shirt, Athletic shorts
Cold weather: Jeans, shirt, coat
*Most dark blues and blacks

Reactions: Dei

GasBandit

Staff member
As we're getting down to the last 48 hours and it doesn't look like we'll cap out at 80, anyone with the "Friend of the Animals" aspiration, or "Cat Lover/Dog Lover" as a trait, be thinking about what kind of Cat, Dog, Fox, Raccoon, Hamster, Hedgehog, Rat, Muffalo, Squirrel, Chipmunk, Sugar Glider, Degu, Steppe Lemming, Chinchilla, Rabbit, Guinea Pig, Gerbil, or Ferret you want. The small pets, it's simply a matter of color, but if you want a cat or dog, I will ALSO need to know breed, coloration, and what 3 pet traits constitute their personality. Also their name.

Clarification - Anybody who wants one can have a small caged pet, as they do not take up household slots. Cats, Dogs, Raccoons and Foxes do take up household residency slots (and there's a maximum of 8 per household), which is why I'm limiting them to those who specifically included animal-loving as part of their traits or aspirations.

Cat Traits (also applies to Raccoons):
Affectionate
These cats will want to stay near their owners and enjoy constant interaction.

Aloof
These cats don't care about their owners and will operate on their own without much interaction. Aloof cats are the lowest-maintenance pets in the Cats and Dogs Expansion Pack.

Clever
These cats can learn tricks and behaviors much faster than others.

Curious
These cats will constantly check out objects around the house and tend to be less destructive than others.

Fluffy
These cats will throw up hairballs more often, which will plummet environment scores. This won't negatively affect human Sims with the Slob Trait, but will adversely affect Sims with the Neat Trait. To control their fur, they need to be brushed often. Brushing is done via social interaction without the need to purchase a brush in Build Mode or any other object.

Free Spirit
These cats will occasionally leave the house and disappear from the lot for a while, but will always come back.

Friendly
These cats are much less aggressive than others, will gain bonuses to relationship scores, and will often greet visitors to the house.

Frisky
These cats are more playful than others and will scamper around. They easily help apply the Energetic Emotion for your human Sims.

Glutton
These cats eat more often, eat more food, and make a bigger mess when they do so.

Lazy
These cats tend to sleep often and rarely jump around.

Mischievous
These cats are more destructive and can be encouraged to do so. Good when paired with a Sim with the Evil Trait or Deviance Aspirations.

Playful
These cats are always feeling up for fun even if they're suffering a negative emotion. They help apply the Playful Emotion to human Sims as well.

Prowler
These cats will hunt for objects when given the order to do so. They may return to the lot with valuable loot!

Skittish
These cats hide often and fear just about everything in the house that makes noise.

Spoiled
These cats will resist being scolded for bad behaviors, but with persistence the behaviors can be trained out of them.

Talkative
These cats make a lot of noise and will tend to wake up nearby human Sims.

Territorial
These cats are aggressive and more violent toward any new Sims or pets added to the household.

Dog Traits (also applies to Foxes):
Active
This dog enjoys action, play, and walks. They'll be more energetic and will move around more than a normal pet, but can help apply the Energized Emotion to human Sims when interacted with. This is a great pairing for an active-minded Sim, especially one in the Athletic Career.

Adventurous
This dog will occasionally decide to leave the house and look for things on their own. They don't often come back with anything (unlike the Hunter pet trait), but they become happy when they do. These pets also enjoy Taking a Vacation with their owners if you have the Outdoor Retreat Game Pack installed.

Aggressive
This dog will routinely growl or hiss at strangers and can easily be commanded to attack others. They're good pairings for Sims with the Evil trait or Deviance Aspirations.

Couch Potato
The opposite of Active, these dogs prefer to be lazy and hang around the house. They will still need some attention, such as some couch potato dogs still begging for walks, but they need that attention less often.

Friendly
This dog will gain relationships quickly with all other pets and human Sims, and will be more likely to greet visitors. They will always be less likely to be aggressive or attack others.

Glutton
This dog will eat more often, eat more food, and leave bigger messes while eating.

Hairy
This dog leaves many hair piles on the ground and will need to be brushed more often to keep it under control. Hair piles won't negatively affect Sims with the Slob Trait, but otherwise will bring down environment scores. Brushing a pet is a simple social interaction that doesn't require the purchasing of brushes or any other items.

Hunter
These dogs can find items in the world and bring them back. They rarely leave by themselves unless this is pair with the Adventurous or Independent trait, but if they do leave they may bring something back. Regardless, you can order your pet to find something with a social command. Sometimes they may bring back something quite valuable!

Independent
These dogs need less attention and can walk themselves with the "Let Out" social interaction. These pets also are more likely to run away, but as with all runaways, they will always come back.

Jumpy
These dogs tend to fear most household objects and will avoid confrontation. They are naturally afraid of Aggressive pets.

Loyal
These dogs follow around their owners often. During bed time, they will avoid their pet beds and instead sleep at the foot of their owner's bed. They can be exploited by using more advanced social interactions sooner in their relationship, and they reward more Satisfaction from "Feel the Love" social interactions.

Playful
These dogs constantly want to play with toys and their owners. They tend to help apply the Playful Emotion, making them ideal for entertainment-minded Sims.

Sleuth
These dogs enjoy sniffing around and investigating objects around the house and out in the world. They tend to stay a bit quieter than other pets only because they're constantly looking around at things.

Smart
These dogs learn tricks and unlearn bad behaviors faster than other Sims. If paired with the Stubborn trait, the rate of training out bad behaviors is normalized.

Stubborn
These dogs resist unlearning bad behaviors, but once trained they are as dedicated to their owners as any other pet.

Troublemaker
These dogs understand bad behavior and will perform it at will just to be difficult. They can be encouraged to perform the bad behavior too. Good pairing for Sims with the Evil Trait.

Vocal
These dogs will make tons of noise, thus challenging your Sims' sleeping patterns.

Alternatively, if you would rather, I will let you decide to make the lot you live in have the "attracts stray animals" buff instead of owning a pet already, but be warned, if your household already has 8 sims in it, you won't be able to adopt the strays.

Last edited: