Halforums House 4 Character Creation Thread

Should HH4 updates be Video (7-14 day turnaround) or Screenshot (1-3 day turnaround) format?

• Video! I'm willing to wait for more engaging content.

Votes: 10 43.5%
  • Screenshots are fine, I want to see how things progress with as little delay as possible.

Votes: 13 56.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

GasBandit

Staff member
Null Rowan, eh?
Shit. I just realized this was supposed to be Null RONAN. Just because I needed a surname, and snagged (what I thought was) your HFA name. Ah well. Dun matter. I guess having a NJ University for a last name kinda fits too, even if it's the wrong one.

Dave

Staff member
OOH! I'm not going to do the whole character creator thing, but I know what I want my guy to look like as the creepy old neighbor!

CrankyOldDave.png

Dave

Staff member
Nah. I'm a bit player. Use your imagination and make me as creepy and nosy a neighbor as you want. Thing a mix between Mrs. Kravitz & Herbert from Family Guy.

GasBandit

Staff member
Nah. I'm a bit player. Use your imagination and make me as creepy and nosy a neighbor as you want. Thing a mix between Mrs. Kravitz & Herbert from Family Guy.
In the time it took you to type that post you could have just picked those 4 things from the menu. I don't know why you're so dead set against doing even barely 10% of what everybody else has already done.

GasBandit

Staff member
Since we're gonna have so many HF sims, I'm trying to find a way to disable townies and such, so as to get the game to get our own sims to visit each other more instead of randos walking by.

I already know about turning off the "fill empty houses" option, but that's just the start.

Dave

Staff member
Someone explain it to him. I'm too tired & cranky to do so without coming across like a dick.

Normally, the answer "yes" is possible for a yes-or-no question - either intended or not. "Is it Monday or Tuesday?" Can be answered with "yes", and indicates it is either of those, but not Wednesday (etc). "Are you American or not?" can likewise be answered "yes", which indicates that you are , indeed, either an American, or not (but not some potential third choice).
However, "is 4 less than 5, or more than 3?" can't properly be answered with "yes", since it is not one of those - it is both. Similarly, your answer indicates that you are talking either about yourself, or your Sim, but not something else entirely or both. I know the joke, and I was trying to build on it by doing the Thing a bit.

GasBandit

Staff member
Incidentally, Emrys, there aren't Ferrets, but there are other rodents. Which would you prefer - Hamster, Hedgehog, Rat, or Miniature Bubalus?

Or would you rather have a cat or dog?