Halforums House 4 Character Creation Thread

Should HH4 updates be Video (7-14 day turnaround) or Screenshot (1-3 day turnaround) format?

• Video! I'm willing to wait for more engaging content.

Votes: 10 43.5%
  • Screenshots are fine, I want to see how things progress with as little delay as possible.

Votes: 13 56.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

GasBandit

Staff member
It's that time again folks, we're doing this - I'll be running a playthrough of Halforums House in Sims 4, in the time honored tradition that Gusto started and I carried forth.

Sorry to disappoint the HFA fans, but there will not be any sex mods in HH4 :p You'll have to be happy with good old vanilla woohoo (if anybody actually gets that far into a relationship). I'm also vetoing any vampire sims, for simplicity's sake.

Anyway, this is the thread for character creation. If you already own Sims 4, you can roll up your own sim, save it, and then copy the 5 files (one HOUSEHOLDBINARY file, one TRAYITEM file, two HHI files, and an SGI file for each sim in the household you're sending me) with the same timestamp from your "documents/Electronic Arts/Sims 4/Tray" folder into a zip file and attach them here or e-mail them to gasbandit at gmail dot com.

Or, you can simply tell me the below information and I'll create your sim for you. Do not feel like you need to genderbend to bring the ratio up, as it isn't as important as it was in HFA :p But if you just want to, that's fine.

I need the following information to make your sim:

Gender - you can either specify male or female, or customize your gender with the following preferences (but you only need to if you are not defaulting to one of the binary norms), specifying Masculine or Feminine for Physical Frame and Clothing style preference, specify whether this sim can become pregnant or get others pregnant or neither, and specify whether or not your sim can use a toilet from a standing position.

Age - Teen, Young Adult, Adult, or Elder. I recommend going with young adult, but if somebody wants to be younger or older, I'm game. No toddlers or children though.

Walk style- Regular, Perky, Snooty, Swagger, Feminine, Tough, Goofy, Sluggish, Bouncy, or Creepy.

Voice depth - how deep is your voice (in context of your gender) on a scale of of 1 to 10, where 1 is deepest?

Relationship - are you someone's spouse or sibling?

Aspiration - what kind of person does your sim want to be? Choose ONE of any of the following:
Friend of Animals - self explanatory. Also you will befriend animals faster, though the house will not start with any animals.
Bodybuilder - You want to be the strongest athlete. Also it is easier for you to stay fit and trim with a high metabolism.
Creative aspirations - choose from Master Actor, Painter Extraordinarire, Bestselling Author, or Musical Genius. You will get boosts to your skills when inspired.
Deviance aspirations - choose from Public Enemy (criminal) or Chief of Mischief (prankster). Your mean interactions will be stronger and more successful.
Family-oriented aspirations - choose from "Big Happy Family," "Super Parent," or "Successful Lineage." Your familial relationships will grow stronger faster.
Food-based aspirations - choose from Master Chef, or Master Mixologist. You will make higher quality food and drink either way.
Fortune-based aspirations - choose from Fabulously Wealthy or Mansion Baron (Baron probably not a good pick for this). You will earn more.
Knowledge-based aspirations - choose from Computer Whiz, Nerd Brain, Renaissance Sim, or Archaeology Scholar. All your skills will go up a little faster.
Love-based aspirations - choose from Serial Romantic, or Soulmate. You will be more succesful at romance than others.
Nature-based aspirations - choose from Curator (aka Collector), Jungle Explorer, Outdoor Enthusiast, Freelance Botanist, or Angling Ace. All will find rare collectibles more often.
Popularity-based aspirations - choose from Friend of the World (wants many friends), Party Animal, World-Famous Celebrity, Leader of the Pack (wants to be leader of the best club in town), or Joke Star (wants to be a famous comedian). Any of these will build friendly relationships faster.

Traits - these will affect how your sim behaves and what makes them happy/unhappy (and confer appropriate bonuses). Pick any three:
Emotional type traits: Active, Cheerful, Creative, Genius, Gloomy, Goofball, Hot-headed, Romantic, Self-assured, Unflirty
Hobby-type traits: Art Lover, Bookworm, Foodie, Geek, Music Lover, Perfectionist
Lifestyle-type traits: Ambitious, Cat Lover, Childish, Clumsy, Dance Machine, Dog Lover, Erratic (read: insane), Glutton, Kleptomaniac, Lazy, Loves Outdoors, Materialistic, Neat, Slob, Snob, Squeamish, Vegetarian.
Social-type Traits: Bro, Evil, Family-Oriented, Good, Hates Children, Insider, Jealous, Loner, Mean, Noncommittal, Outgoing, Paranoid, Self-absorbed.

Note: this is Sims, not HFA, so Evil characters will not actually attempt to kill other sims, they just get happy by making others unhappy.

Physical appearance -
Either I'll need a picture, or you're gonna have to be descriptive as hell. I need to know build, hair color and style, eye color, skin color, facial hair (if any), and I am going to need to know how you want to be dressed in the following situations:
Everyday, Formal, Athletic, Sleep, Party, Swimwear, Hot weather, Cold weather. Again, if you're going to describe it, go into as much detail as you can, and I'll try to get you approximated as closely as I can.

Regarding number of Sims

The game will only let us have 8 people per household. However, we can have more than one household running concurrently. I plan to make an entire Halforums "Neighborhood" of houses. When I am in control of one household, the other households will continue to run on autopilot. I can rotate from one to the next on an update-by-update basis, and can "give keys" to each house to the other sims as well, so that anybody can show up at anybody's house anytime they want. The maximum number of sims the game will let me put in this neighborhood is 80, so I don't think we'll have a problem with anybody getting left out.

Character creation shall be open for a week. I will close it on Saturday, March 16th, and we'll move forward from there.

I haven't decided yet whether the updates will be video or screenshot yet, so I'll be making a poll. Video updates are obviously fancier (a la Halforums Academy 2) but will take more time to produce, and so it could be 7-14 days between updates. Screenshot updates (a la HH1-3, HFA1, and HH:Rimworld) are less fancy, but will come out much quicker - like, every 1-3 days probably. Please vote for which format you would prefer, with these parameters in mind.

So get creating, you guys! I'm excited to get this rolling and see what happens, too!

Example Character:
Gas Bandit
Walk Style: Tough
Voice Depth: 2
Relationships: None
Aspiration: Computer Whiz
Traits: Self-assured, Geek, Mean

Physical Appearance - medium light skin tone, brown hair, brown eyes, short beard. Heavier set. No tattoos. Gold ring on necklace accessory.

Clothing:
Everyday: Vibrant blue Hawaiian shirt and black shorts, teva-style sandals.
Formal: Guy-fieri style suit jacket and slacks (black/red), shiny leather shoes.
Athletic: Black cotton shirt and shorts, white tennis shoes.
Sleep: Blue long sleeve thick cotton shirt, grey sweatpants, barefoot.
Party: Unbuttoned light blue hawaiian shirt over t-shirt, shorts, leather hiking boots
Swim: Knee-length dark swim trunks with colorful pattern of some sort going up the sides
Hot Weather: Dark shades, cowboy hat, open short sleeve button down shirt with bare chest beneath, blue light cotton pants, teva sandals.
Cold Weather: Leather jacket over hoodie, large thick khaki pants, white tennis shoes, blue wool cap with puff ball.

Sims ready to go: (35/80 sims) + 5 large pets + 1 small pet

Attachments

Last edited:
Davebg.png

Gender - Male, Masculine Physical Frame and Clothing style preference, Can get others pregnant, Can use a toilet from a standing position.

Age - Young Adult

Walk style- Sluggish

Voice depth - 4

Aspiration - Nerd Brain

Traits - Gloomy, Geek, Glutton

I will try my hand at building my own from here. I'll have to remember to leave out custom content.

The random sims sometimes walk around with double dildos in their hands

Female, teen, feminine walk, 9 voice, no relationship, serial romantic, romantic/erratic/jealous. As for appearance, just make your closest approximation to an Asian schoolgirl.

Easier to go through the CAS demo on the laptop instead of the main game at home to make sure nothing unusable gets carried over.

Annnd... *.rar files aren't allowed in attachments. So check your email, @GasBandit.

Female, teen, feminine walk, 9 voice, no relationship, serial romantic, romantic/erratic/jealous. As for appearance, just make your closest approximation to an Asian schoolgirl.
Remind me to get you a shot of one of my households. Full sailor fuku with loose socks and red-toe'd school shoes. Pinterest is a good source to find the right custom content for something like this. :)

PROTIP for cooking skill: send the sim to the City Living food stalls. Your sim can learn how to prepare each new dish they try, and even gain chopstick skills by trying Asian cuisine. Learning chopsticks gets you a positive mood buff.

Zappit

Staff member
Male
Voice 5 - I’ve got an average voice anyway.
Relationship - No
Age - Adult
Aspirations - Creative (Surprise!) - Painter
Traits - Hobby Type
Physical Appearance - Pretty much my avatar - but with blue eyes and dark brown hair. Caucasian. As for clothes...I’m not that picky. I don’t dress flashy, though.

@bhamv3 Something like this? Aoi has CC uniform and hair.

Fuyuko has the loose socks CC

Plain brown loafers because out of school, that's what they'd wear.

It's that time again folks, we're doing this - I'll be running a playthrough of Halforums House in Civs 4,
That's some hella mod! Will Kags achieve a diplomatic victory? Will Nick build a Wonder? Or will Gas just pump out 250million infantry and overrun them all?

Also, I'll decline this round to make room for someone else.

--Patrick

I'm in!

Gender - Female, no pregnancy please.

Age - Young Adult

Walk style- Perky

Voice depth - 3 (aka fairly deep voice)

Relationship - nope

Aspiration - Renaissance Sim

Traits - Bookworm, Music Lover, Romantic

Physical appearance - fat, big boobs, dark brown hair (bob cut, no bangs), green or purple eyes, slightly tan skin, earrings.

Clothing - purple and flashy for the most part. Easy on the make-up. Generally in jeans/long pants, formal should be a big ass ball gown.

Gender - Male, masculine frame & clothing preference, can get others pregnant & can use toilet from standing position

Age - Adult

Walk Style - Regular

Voice Depth - 4

Relationship - Single

Aspiration
Deviance - Chief of Mischief

Traits
Emotional - Active
Hobby - Geek
Social - Paranoid

Physical Appearance
Average build, dark brown almost black short messy hair, brown eyes, caucasian, short beard probably more grey than brown.
Clothes, like Zappit I'm generally not picky & don't like to dress flashy. The only other thing is that I hate wearing long sleeves, so if there is a way to stock my wardrobe with just short sleeved tops that'd be good.

You didn't mention glasses, but if there's an option for that I'm almost blind without them.

Sure, I'll do it this time:

Male
Young Adult
Tough
Voice 3
Single
Friend of Animals
Self-assured, bookworm, dog lover
5'10" to the heavy side, dark brown hair short cut, no facial hair, grey eyes, tan skin tone
Style;
Everyday, shorts and tshirts (they tend toward bookish and geeky
Formal dark suit with a Star Wars tie
Athletic shorts and tshirts
Sleep briefs only
Party shorts and tshirts
Swimwear shorts
Hot weather shorts and tshirts
Cold weather shorts, tshirts and a light jacket

Gender - Male, masculine build, "business casual" clothing style, cannot get others pregnant, can pee standing up.

Age - Adult.

Walk style- Swagger.

Voice depth - 2

Relationship - no

Aspiration - Renaissance Sim

Traits - these will affect how your sim behaves and what makes them happy/unhappy (and confer appropriate bonuses). Pick any three:
Emotional type traits: Active, Flirty, Outgoing.

Physical appearance - (flowing robes optional :-p ) - 6'2", thin but athletic build. Hair blond when I have it. I have a goatee at the moment but let's go with no facial hair this time. Eye color: Hazel or green.

I am going to need to know how you want to be dressed in the following situations:
Everyday: Slacks and polo shirt
Formal: Suit and tie or tuxedo
Athletic: well, a martial arts outfit, if that exists, otherwise let's say shorts and a tanktop
Sleep: T-shirt and boxer briefs
Party: Button down shirt, untucked?, and jeans
Swimwear: Swim shorts
Hot weather: Shorts, t-shirt, and sandals
Cold weather: Ski jacket, jeans, ski cap, gloves, boots

Name: Crowe Nullsworth

Gender - male, masculine frame & clothing preference, can get others pregnant, can use the toilet from a standing position

Age - Adult

Walk style- Creepy

Voice depth - 1, I want this creepy bastard to have the voice of Legion

Relationship - No

Aspiration - Best-Selling Author

Erratic Goofball Bookworm

Physical appearance -
Either I'll need a picture, or you're gonna have to be descriptive as hell. I need to know build, hair color and style, eye color, skin color, facial hair (if any), and I am going to need to know how you want to be dressed in the following situations:
Everyday, Formal, Athletic, Sleep, Party, Swimwear, Hot weather, Cold weather. Again, if you're going to describe it, go into as much detail as you can, and I'll try to get you approximated as closely as I can.

Build: CHONKY. Hair color: Grey, short on the sides and back, longer on top. Hazel eyes, pale skin, short bushy beard.
Everyday: Jeans, Doc Martens, long-sleeve T-shirt, leather bomber jacket.
Formal: Canadian Tuxedo (jeans, jean jacket, denim shirt, hiking boots, toque)
Sleep: Nude
Party: Landsknecht motley https://whiljascorner.files.wordpress.com/2015/01/img_1764-1.jpg or jeans and a hawai'ian shirt.
Swimwear: trunks and t-shirt (dark colored)
Hot weather: jeans, black loafers, t-shirt (usually dark maroon, grey, black, red, or blue), reflective shades
Cold weather: arctic camouflage pants & parka, green hat and scarf, black gloves

Last edited:
This is fun! I’ll add my details here. My daughter made a version of me in the SIMs so I’ll base this me from that :)

Female
Young Adult
Voice 7 (hopefully not squeaky high, but not at all deep)
Feminine walk (so funny as I’m limping like a train wreck)
Relationship - I’ll be married to @HCGLNS if he makes a character.

Painter Extrodinaire

Creative
Cat Lover
Good

I am not attaching a current selfie as I have a black eye halfway down my face and a split lip. Not cute.

I’m 5’1
Small build
Very pale
Blonde hair (light)in a bob between my chin and shoulders
Hopefully I will have an eyebrow when the scarring heals. Omg. Please give me two.
Blue eyes
I have a sleeve of tattoos in progress on my right arm. My daughter gave me one on my other arm when she made me on her SIM game. That’s cool too.
I have a bunch of other ones, but there isn’t an option to add a Pikachu tattoo lol so leaving it to the sleeve is fine.

Every day black t shirt dark jeans and black boots. Either knee high boots or black uggs

Formal black sleeveless shirt black dress pants and heels

Sleep pink t shirt and pink flannel plaid pants

Athletic white t shirt black yoga pant capris running shoes

Party is there a black fancy dress and black heels?

Swimwear black two piece with some coverage please :)

Hot weather black t shirt and jean shorts

Cold weather black jeans black uggs and the pink or purple ski jacket

I hope that’s everything :)

I saw someone mention makeup. I wear a lot of eye makeup. Dark eyeliner and mascara etc. I don’t wear much of the rest.

Last edited:

GasBandit

Staff member
Note to some of you - you don't have to pick all your traits all from the same category, you can mix and match.
Teens only get 2 traits. Bhamv, I went with Romantic and Erratic, leaving off Jealous.
You don't need to specify all the custom gender options if you're just going to go with the default male/female, only if you are rolling a non-binary character. The "get/get others pregnancy" option is not birth control, it's a very delicate way of putting your biological sex.
Height is not configurable, but is simply determined by age. All sims are the same height (but height differs by age).

Last edited:
Note to some of you - you don't have to pick all your traits all from the same category, you can mix and match.
Teens only get 2 traits. Bhamv, I went with Romantic and Erratic, leaving off Jealous.
You don't need to specify all the custom gender options if you're just going to go with the default male/female, only if you are rolling a non-binary character. The "get/get others pregnancy" option is not birth control, it's a very delicate way of putting your biological sex.
Height is not configurable, but is simply determined by age. All sims are the same height (but height differs by age).
Ah. That wasn't clear. Set my character to yes on get others pregnant then.

GasBandit

Staff member
Ah. That wasn't clear. Set my character to yes on get others pregnant then.
And just to reiterate for clarity (at the risk of putting too fine a point on it), if you're defaulting to a gender norm, you need only say the gender... "Masculine frame, masculine clothes, can get other pregnant, can pee standing up" can be summed up by male :p

Detailed description is only needed for those who feel the need to meticulously document a non-gender-binary character.

Set me up!

Gender- Male
Age- Adult
Walk style- regular
Voice depth- how bout a 4
Relationship - none
Aspiration - Nerd Brain
Traits - Creative, Geek, Bro

Appearance :
build: average for a middle age guy
Hair; blonde (dirty), long but pulled back in a pony tail
Facial hair - have a goatee (same color as hair with a bit more white in it if it matters)
Eyes - green, but wear glasses (rounded frames)
Skin - fair to peach,

As far as clothes;
everyday - jeans, t-shirt, hooded sweat jacket, baseball cap
Formal - Tux all the way
Athletic - sweats
Sleep - short sleeved short and sleep shorts
Party - something casual
Swim - swim trunks are fine
Hot weather - shorts and t-shirt
Cold weather - bundle the hell up

I am not particular so feel free to make any changes for game purposes that would work better, just have fun with it!

GasBandit

Staff member
Alright, I think I've got everybody who's responded so far (see the spoiler in the first post). Keep em comin, folks, we can make a whole Halforums *neighborhood.*

GasBandit

Staff member
Even if the house is full, I’m happy being a side character.
The game lets me move control/perspective from house to house at will, pretty much.

So if we get enough people, I could do one update from one house.. the next update from the next house... and so on.

Also, there's an option to give someone the key to the house even if they don't live there, which seems to make them come over all the time anyway.

Also, boooh on all you people who want video updates. Much easier to read and see pictures at work or on the train and bus. Also more good jokes :p