[Other] Halforums Heist

Ran moves up between the crates and over. He should be to about where Charity fell. Putting himself between her and the kenku, he lobs a dart at #5

[21 to hit. 3 damage]

"Why don't you pick on someone your own size!" Ran says, taking more pride in his joke than in his role in the battle.

Marten's bolt hits the tough looking kenku squarely, leaving the foe smoking and injured but still standing. Ran also manages to land a hit with his dart, whizzing it over the back of Sheep into the shoulder of the kenku.

Charity rolls a successful death save (18). Erythro and Brad are up.

"Foul broken birds! You seek the solace of the clouds forever lost to you? Let the me ease your suffering!", and with that a dark ominous cloud fills the room, obscuring almost all the kenku from sight. A panicked scampering sees the fluffy fighter Sheepy scamper out of the mist and chastise the remainin avian adversary.

Cast Fog Cloud centered on #4, blocking all sight of everyone save #2, who sheep distracts to provide advantage to the next person who attacks. Hopefully Charity or Ty.

(Technically, Kenku5 gets an AoO on Sheep at disadvantage, due to the fog, as she moves away from him.)

Hearing Sheep trot away, Kenku5 blindly swings at her, slashing across her back. She falls to the ground with a bleat and disappears.

Charity

"You have my thanks, mister Brad," Charity groans as she slowly gets up, raising her blade in a back-leaning grip as she turns to face the kenku that stabbed her. "I didn't want to do this," she murmurs quietly, but her face is set in grim determination as she slashes the blade with surprising force across the birdman's wing-arms and torso.

Half movement to get up. Attack Kenku#2 with 22 for 9 damage.

The burliest of the kenku falls under Charity's blade. The remaining four, clouded in fog, are forced into action. Kenku4 moves to unlock and open the loading door, which Kenku3 moves through. Seeing the other door is still open, he takes a shot at Ty. The shot thuds into the door frame.

Kenku 1 runs out of the fog to the north and takes a shot at Brad. He sees it coming and ducks to the right as the arrow whizzes over his left should, lodging in a crate.

Kenku5 charges forward, blindly hacking at Charity. The blade finds its mark, almost felling the paladin with a stab through a gap in her armor. (7 HP damage)

Warehouse Floor 1 (4).png

(Marten, Ran, and Ty are up.)

Marten moves up beside Charity (F5 or F6, I don't care which) and swings at #5 with his mace. Unfortunately, he stumbles as he jostles in beside the Paladin, and his swing goes wide. (Rolled a 1).

In his confusion, Marten strikes at the fallen Kenku instead of the one still standing. The bone-crunching sound of his mace is satisfying but ineffective on the downed Kenku.

Ran, concerned about his allies, draws his trusty rapier and attacks kenku #5

"Here, lemme take a STAB at this!"

[Attack 22, dmg 6]

Assuming that Ty can see the Kenku moving to escape through the loading door, he draws his rapier and moves to engage #3.

Using the inspiration die from earlier, he has a 14 to hit for 6 damage.

A blast of fire rings out across the courtyard, slamming into the wall by the door. The wizard calmly walks out into the a strikes a relaxed pose against the exterior gate. " Your friends inside? They can't help you now. But all we are looking for are answers, none more need die today."

miss with fire bolt again, and walk to A13

Charity

Though she bleeds, Charity trudges forward without flinching, lashing out at the skittering Kenku with another blow from her sword.

Moving to K4, attacking #1 for 11. If it hits, 10 damage.

Brad's rapier pierces Kenku1's side, drawing a fair amount of blood. He retaliates by disengaging and running south into the fog.

Kenku4 also sees the tables turning and breaks across the yard, keeping his distance from Erythro as he dashes into the dark street.

Kenku3 disengages as well, but cannot make it as far before Ty, Ran, and Marten leap into action...

Warehouse Floor 1 (5).png

Ran turns around and runs as fast as his chubby legs will take him. He makes his way past the crates and back into the yard to cut the kenku off before it can escape with the rest.

[I'd like to dash and get to, ideally E11 or as close to it as I can]

Charity

Before the Kenku can run, Charity lashes out once more with her sword - although this time, she tries not to make it a lethal blow, reversing her grip at the last moment to bash him with the pommel.

Sentinel feat allows me to attack of opportunity Kenku #1 even with disengage. Hit with a 20 for 11 non-lethal damage - if it doesn't knock him down, his movement is still reduced to 0.

"Better tie them up if we want to question him..." she murmurs, setting down her sword and getting some rope from her pack, setting about doing just that.

On my turn, I will tie up unconscious #1.

Didn't get a chance to post...was playing music after 9 :D
Since one's unconscious and the rest appear to be fleeing (and there are folks better positioned to take out #1 when he exits the fog and heads out the side door to the gate), I'll do my best to assist Charity in securing the prisoner.

A sharp eye for detail tells the slender wizard that the wooden fence has weathered very well, impregnated with a solution to protect it. A few simple whispers and a blast of fire explodes against the fence startling the avian cutthroat.

"I truly don't wish to see you harmed. I am simply looking for two young nobles who were abducted by men with snake tattoos. Just like the tattoos on the dead men inside. So, I'm not looking for you but if you can help me find the young men, you can leave. But I would answer quickly before the half elf reaches you, his questions will be punctuated with blood. "

As I apparently literally can not hit the broad side of a barn I am standing next to I may as well try to role play, attack roll to set gate on fire = 9

Last edited:
Brad walks to the base of the stairs and yells up "Come down peacefully before we come up forcefully." And takes the dodge action just incase.

Didn't get a chance to post...was playing music after 9 :D
Since one's unconscious and the rest appear to be fleeing (and there are folks better positioned to take out #1 when he exits the fog and heads out the side door to the gate), I'll do my best to assist Charity in securing the prisoner.
- You didn't miss a turn. Your last turn (hitting the dead Kenku with the natural 1) was your last opportunity.
- Charity had an Attack of Opportunity on Kenku #1 as it fled into the fog and knocked it out. Only #3 remains standing, ready to flee the yard.

The remaining conscious Kenku runs out of the yard into the dark street before anyone can get close enough to force him to stay.

(Combat has ended! Results: 2 dead Kenku, 1 unconscious Kenku, 2 escaped Kenku.)