[Other] Halforums Heist

Brad examines the men and they seem to be telling the truth, he distributes 2 gold to each of the men at the table. "Thanks gents it's been a pleasure."

Brad looks at his companions, "Off to Candle lane."

Erythro watches as his companions stumble into the bar and then walks away from the entrance. Taking on the persona of a tailors assistant looking for a client for his master last seen in this area he starts talking to the locals left on the street. The homeless, the indigent and the beggars. If any provide him with useful information he brings out three coppers and wonders how much he can spare before his master beats him, but always gives them what is fair. He never reveals the gold and silver in his purse. His thoughts linger on his companions, hoping they survive the bar, and hopes they don't find who ever has hurt Floon inside.

Passive Investigation = 20 for talking to the locals.

Charity

Charity beams as Brad returns from his talk. "See?! I knew everything would be just fine. Let us be off!" she exclaims proudly, before reconsidering, staring at her only half-empty mug. "...after I finish my ale?"

Ran keep lookout outside the bar. He regrets not really asking the wizard just how long to wait.

He takes a moment to appreciate that he has yet to spend any of the money he just got.

Ran kills some time busking and maybe make a coin or two.

[Performance roll 11]

Erythro:

Tall, densely packed tenements leave most of the neighborhood in shadow at ground level. Most of the streetlamps have had their glass smashed and their candles stolen, and the smells of salt air and excrement linger as you pass by rows of run-down buildings. Nobody is walking the streets right now, but one nearby shop stands out from the others. It has a deep purple facade, and in its window hangs a stuffed beholder. Above the door hangs a sign whose elaborate letters spell out “Old Xoblob Shop.” In the window sits a purple stuffed beholder. The shop appears to be open, even at this late hour.

Poking his head in, Erythro is met with a cloud of lavender-scented purple smoke trailing out of the shop’s door. Every wall is painted purple, and every dusty knickknack on the shelves is dyed a deep violet. A hairless old gnome sitting cross-legged on the counter wears plum-colored robes. His cheeks are decorated with nine purple face-painted eyes. The gnome lowers a pipe and exhales a cloud of lavender smoke before raising a hand. “Hail and well met! Come browse the shelves of the most curious curiosity shop in the world!”

Meanwhile, Ran earns 7 coppers for his trouble from a few of the bar patrons on their way out.

"This is Xoblobs yes? Excellent. I am need of assistance, post haste. I require a set of player cards that can't be shuffled without going everywhere? My friend, (Floons description) was supposed to get it, but I haven't heard word of him in days. So it's up to me to get the birthday present." Then glances around the shop, taking in everything.

Passive Perception 17, making a mental note about how strange it is to be open at this hour. And why would it have a window?

Erythro:
"Oho!" Xoblob says. "I've nothing of the sort. He...uh...must have found what he was looking for elsewhere. As you can see, I collect...and sell...oddities, most of them in my favorite color."

He is definitely withholding something.

"Oh, well that's too bad, hopefully he'll turn up. Your favourite colour isn't purple by chance is it? I got the strangest thing with dinner the other day, here let's see if I still have it on me, hmmm yes, a wine soaked cinnamon stick, look at that all purple from the the wine. Anyway, is that a set of funny dice I see over there? Something silly for gaming will do."

"Oh, yes," Xoblob says. "That pair of knucklebone dice is carved with a purple skull symbol on the side that normally show a six. May I see your cinnamon stick? Oh, yes, I love that color. Perhaps if you purchase the dice for 2 gold, plus your purple cinnamon stick, I might reflect on where I might have seen your friend."

"Well, I am pressed for time, so twenty silver. And is it true that rubbing the beholder in the window brings good luck?"

ROFLMAO rubbing the beholder, shit I gotta go check on dinner

"Uh...no...that's not a...." Xoblob says as he takes the coins. "Thank you for your patronage, sir!"

As Erythro continues to stare at the old gnome after the sale is complete, Xoblob begins to fidget uncomfortably. "Is there something...Oh! Of course. Your friend. Yes, I believe I saw him and a well-dressed friend being roughed up by five tough-looking men a couple of nights ago. I did not recognize any of them but one of them had a black tattoo of a winged snake on his neck."

Meanwhile, Ran earns 7 coppers for his trouble from a few of the bar patrons on their way out.
"Aw yeah. Everything's coming up Ran. Looks like this halflings luck is about to change for the better"

Ran feels confident enough that enough time has passed that he could enter the tavern without it looking like he's with the others.

"Evenin' gents! Rumblefoots the name and song is the game!"

Ran plays a raunchy tune while scoping the place out and keeping his distance from the others.

[Performance 1, halfling luck reroll 21]

Last edited:
"Oh, how terrible, but my friend would have been alone. Hopefully those two were okay, thanks again, and if I come across any purple curios, I will send them your way."

Pocketing the dice, he gives a nod, heads out the door, pauses to figure out which way he needs to go then, off he steps, While thinking "a beholder in the window, a window in a shop where everyone else has shattered glass, eyes all over his face, and that goon in the bar had eye tattoos. Points toward a gang using beholder imagery to scare people. And that shop is involved some how, no other explanation for it to be untouched. And now snakes? Snakes and beholders at war in the streets. Best get back to the others. "

"Aw yeah. Everything's coming up Ran. Looks like this halflings luck is about to change for the better"

Ran feels confident enough that enough time has passed that he could enter the tavern without it looking like he's with the others.

"Evenin' gents! Rumblefoots the name and song is the game!"

Ran plays a raunchy tune while scoping the place out and keeping his distance from the others.

[Performance 1, halfling luck reroll 21]
As Ran begins to play, there are some groans and a "Shaddup!" from the back somewhere. But someone else gives a "Woop!" at about the same time in recognition of the tune. The grumbling stops quickly and soon the tavern is singing along with the chorus in perhaps the rowdiest rendition of the song that Ran has ever seen.

Charity, meanwhile, finishes her ale while Erythro arrives back at the tavern and can hear the loud, off-key singing accompanying Ran's performance from outside.

:notes:Come now and follow me down
Down to the lights of Waterdeep where
There's fine sailors walking the town
And waiting to meet the ladies there
Watch now he'll soon be along
He's finer than any sailor so
Come on now pick up your spoons

He's waiting to hear you play them WHO!:notes:

Well at least they are still alive.

Under the guise of collecting coppers, Ran checks in with everyone and confirms where they want to meet up next.

"Perhaps we should meet back at the first tavern to compare notes and plan our next step"

"Near as I c'n figure, he was mugged, jes' as I thought. Locals say the thugs stay on Candle Lane."
Marten gives a nod to Brad by way of complimenting his interrogation skills.

"Indeed, Floon and his friend were abducted not a stones throw away from this tavern. They appear to be victims of two gangs fighting for territory, much like todays earlier bloodshed. We seek those who adorn themselves with snakes. An odd situation to be sure, as we fought to save one of them to start our day. Candle Lane is this way."

Is this way to Candle Lane, in the direction of the Yawning portal or further away?

"Erythro's right. I've seen that snake tattoo on our half-orc frien' afore. Dunno how she's mixed up in alla dis, but helpin' her out may make these thugs more willin' to tell us somethin'"

I'm ready to go whenever everyone else is.
But I still advise taking a rest to recover spell slots, especially if we're about to go confront a street gang.

OOC: So we suspect a gang with a serpent tattoo to be responsible for mugging the guy? And Yagra also has one of these tattoos? Should we talk to her? Is she still here?

So if she is not there, then we are there so let's bed down and hit Candle Lane after a long rest and morning rituals.

Safely back at the tavern, Erythro exhausts his arcane energy in determining the nature of his recent purchase. Sleep soon finds him as he gently counts sheep.

When the gentle sounds of sleep fill the room, Erythros trusted companion Sheepy the Sheep stands upright, dons a deer stawker and quietly exits the room in search of the evil drow terrorist called Doofensmirtz.