[Other] Halforums Heist

Much as I think it's unfair to bash a sleeping goblin's brains in, life ain't fair. And we have the greater good to consider. I will mime my intentions to the rest of the party.
 
Renaer sloshes up behind Marten. "I'm here, I'm here," he says. "I don't suppose you could spare a couple of daggers and a rapier from those gang members. I saw one of you stash them away. Preparing to outfit an army?"
Haha ok. I think etherio took the weapons because he wanted to sell them right? I didn't take any but can give him my dagger if he needs it.

As for the goblins, is there still like the old coup de Grace or do I just have advantage of I attack them?
 
Haha ok. I think etherio took the weapons because he wanted to sell them right? I didn't take any but can give him my dagger if he needs it.

As for the goblins, is there still like the old coup de Grace or do I just have advantage of I attack them?
From what I'm reading on DnDBeyond, you have advantage (unconscious beings are 'prone'), and any attack from within 5 feet (ie: melee) is an automatic critical (double damage dice). Also, they auto-fail saves against STR and DEX--which would make my Sacred Flame automatically hit. But since it requires a dex save and not an attack roll, it's not an "attack" and wouldn't crit. You get more bang for the buck hitting them with melee in this state.
 
Ran tip toes his way to the closer of the two goblins

[Stealth check 12]

He brings his rapier up and holds the pommel above the head of the goblin guard. Once an ally does the same with the other guard he strikes in unison, attempting to knock the goblin out.

[ 17 to hit, 7 damage, so a 14 crit. ]
 
Marten will sneak up with Ran (13 stealth), lofting his mace up high. somehow, he manages to completely whiff and miss the sleeping goblin (10 to hit).

[ooc---shoulda gone for the auto-hitting spell. lol!]
 
The disguised wizards motions again for silence and with an eerie quiet dispatches the goblin next to Marten. Then motions for quiet and moves towards the other goblin.
 
Ran and Erythro finish off one goblin while Marten bonks the other on the head, rattling his helmet and waking him up.

In goblin:

"Ai! Fugwug! What was that for? Ai! Humans!"

(Ty and Charity and Brad may still go in the surprise round before I even bother with initiative.)
 
Last edited:
Lol, after this fight, can we assume he either gets rapiers and daggers from whichever of us took them, or picks up a weapon off the dead goblins? Someone offered him their dagger a couple pages back.
 
Lol, after this fight, can we assume he either gets rapiers and daggers from whichever of us took them, or picks up a weapon off the dead goblins? Someone offered him their dagger a couple pages back.
As long as whomever took them subtracts them! I just want the accounting done properly. ;)
 
Brad looks at the goblin and whispers "shhh, we're trying to be sneaky." And promptly stabs at him with his rapier (11 to hit). Hitting the wall beside him.
 
Ah, it may not be clear who picked the rapiers and daggers up? This prompted the collection of weapons, though. So I assumed Ran had them. If he didn't pick them up, Renaer would pick them up from the ground himself.
 
Ah, it may not be clear who picked the rapiers and daggers up? This prompted the collection of weapons, though. So I assumed Ran had them. If he didn't pick them up, Renaer would pick them up from the ground himself.
Ran accepts your wise and infallible judgement and will add the loot to his inventory. So sayeth the DM, so sayeth we all. Ahmen.

He also, immediately following this encounter, will give a dagger to everyone in the group. He also gives Ranaer (who is definitely with us) a dagger, rapier and leather armor if he wants it.
 
Last edited:
I'm tempted to say Ty should get a chance at kiling the git in his sleep, I also like the idea of chastising unsneaky people in chainmail.
 
Charity

Watching the others move into action, Charity mutters a quiet prayer under her breath. "Great Mother, forgive me for this violence I'm about to inflict." As she does so, however, she already is hoisting a sizeable club from her belt, and whacks the remaining goblin in the noggin with a fierce strength.

Hitting remaining goblin with 24 for 17 damage, or 11 damage if it's not a crit.
 
Ran accepts your wise and infallible judgement and will add the loot to his inventory. So sayeth the DM, so sayeth we all. Ahmen.

He also, immediately following this encounter, will give a dagger to everyone in the group. He also gives Ranaer (who is definitely with us) a dagger, rapier and leather armor if he wants it.
How Ran looks now:
1583866631253.png


I'm tempted to say Ty should get a chance at kiling the git in his sleep, I also like the idea of chastising unsneaky people in chainmail.
Hey..I snuck successfully!
 
Charity

Watching the others move into action, Charity mutters a quiet prayer under her breath. "Great Mother, forgive me for this violence I'm about to inflict." As she does so, however, she already is hoisting a sizeable club from her belt, and whacks the remaining goblin in the noggin with a fierce strength.

Hitting remaining goblin with 24 for 17 damage, or 11 damage if it's not a crit.
Charity knocks the goblin senseless and he slumps to the floor, soundly back asleep.
 
"Now that we have so loudly dealt with these two, lets move on. I will take the lead. While in this disquise I will be safe. Ty can escort me. The rest of you hang back, if we need you we will signal you." Then the wizard sneeks away to the (top of the map).
 
"I'm not keen on leaving an unconscious goblin to wake up behind our backs. Lets truss him up first. I have rope."

I proceed to hogtie the goblin and rip some of his clothes to make a makeshift gag.
 
Ran hands out the daggers to everyone and equips Renaer with a dagger, rapier and leather armor.

If Ranaer would like, he can have a few throwing darts if he thinks he can use them.

everyone add a dagger to your inventory
 
Ty and Erythro:

The pair walk down some stairs that turn right and pass under what must be the sewers. They can hear the sound of the muck running past above them. The passage opens into a room that contains six tattered, straw-stuffed mattresses and nothing of value. They can hear the sounds of grunting wood-on-stone scraping through the thin wooden door. Dulled voices murmur over the noises.

Copy of Xanathar Hideout 1 (2).png
 
(I'm just reposting what was in the spoiler)

The party walk down some stairs that turn right and pass under what must be the sewers. They can hear the sound of the muck running past above them. The passage opens into a room that contains six tattered, straw-stuffed mattresses and nothing of value. They can hear the sounds of grunting wood-on-stone scraping through the thin wooden door. Dulled voices murmur over the noises.

1584058055264.png


Listening at the door, the voices appear to be two different people.

"No, not like that!"
"Zemk, shut up. This thing is heavy."
"Get the blankets, you dolt!"
 
If everyone is in agreement, once they are at the door, I will open it and look inside.
 
I agree..do it quietly. (I will move up to be near the door so that I can take action when necessary)
 
Ryan gets into position with marten. He also uses his inspiration on Ethyrio.

"You got this, bud!"
 
Erythro quietly opens the door to find six tattered, straw-stuffed mattresses in a rather large room. A duergar is berating a human...the same human from the Yawning Portal that was beaten senseless by Yagra.

"Shut up with the blankets," says the human.

"Will y'listen y'daft smooth skin?" says the duergar.

Two doors exit to the east of this room. Both of the people in the room have their backs turned, engrossed in their argument.

Copy of Xanathar Hideout 1 (3).png
 
Is Raenar actually with us?

Did I find any secret doors?

I cast disguise self and turn myself into the goon from the bar that Yagra fought

Erythro grabs a hold of Marten, silently urging him to stop. Then slowly the image of the slender wizard is replaced by that of a boorish thug with eyeball tattoos on his head.
Spider-Man-Pointing-Meme.jpg
 
I motion for the others to follow, then enter the room weapons drawn. I cry out "Zhentarim scum! Kill the imposter!"
 
The pair whirl around.

"Krentz," says the duergar, "What is this?"

"I..." says Krentz, the human, "Wait, they were at the Portal."

"Why does that one look like you?!"

"Obviously they saw me at the Portal too, Zemk!"

Initiative order (with only a little fudging):

Everyone may go first in any order
Krentz and Zemk go

No map for this battle. It is close quarters, so everyone is within 30 feet of each other while they are in the room together.
 
I seem to recall the human thug went down pretty easily in the bar. I'll focus my attention on the dwarf.
[Crossbow, 6 to hit.]
Marten looses a crossbow bolt, but all the jostling at the doorway throws his aim and it goes wide.
 
Brad steps towards the dwarf and also misses his target in the confusion. (6 to hit)
 
Top