[Other] Halforums Heist

"what? No you ain't. No she ain't. The wizard is a weird human guy. Wait are you new? They really gotta run this stuff by me if they're gonna be makin' changes in staff. There's paperwork or at least there should be. Listen maybe we can take you in as an intern for now but no promises"

"She didn't request a meeting with you during the class she is teaching, I can assure you of that. It sounds like you two need to get your story straight. If you need to meet with Lady Blackstaff, make a proper appointment. Now scram!"

"I can't believe this, this is outrageous! This this this is all your fault you pompous overbearing waterbuffalo! You've ruined everything! I never want to see you again! "

And storms away from Ran.

"I don't...I don't even know you? I don't know her. Sorry for the trouble, pal."

Ran begins to go back to trollskull manor. He stops in to a bakery to buy fresh bread for the group. Ran has had a bad few days and deserves a treat.

"At least have a nice lunch before we all get killed tonight"

When he returns he shares the food with everyone and catches them up on his encounter and listens to what everyone else did.

"I dunno if I wanna swear an oath to these folk but I figured if they needed help now and then we might lend a hand"

Ran questions Marten on his new role

"Okay, so we need to stop a fight...BEFORE it starts? I usually don't know I'm in a fight until someone's fist connects with my face. I'm in the help but I'm not sure how we'll do it."

The party sits in the furniture-less but clean manor discussing their options. Marten has presented a task given to him by the Order to go and prevent some violence. Charity and Brad also have been given a task to find a talking mare. Ran and Ty can weigh in and Erythro is nowhere to be seen.

"I'll go with Marten to uh...not fight someone I guess. I think a talking horse might be more than I can take right now. Remember when flying eyeballs and stuff didn't try to kill us?"

He sighs and tries to remember the good old days

"Also if anyone wants to join up with the grey force people I guess let me know and I can try to talk to their leader again about that. Personally I'm going to see if I can just kind of offer them help from time to time instead of fully joining"

Charity

Charity pipes up. "Well, the talking horse is supposed to know the location of Zhentarim operatives. Maybe. Maybe if we find out where they are, it helps you determine where you could go to stop the fight? Or did Savra tell you where they're at, Marten?"

"She only said the Field Ward. It's not a big area. I expect it wouldn't be too much trouble to find a fight brewing, since she said it was happening every day. I say we just look for some groups of folks there. Can't imagine folks grouping up unless they were brewing for a fight."

(So are people splitting up or...?)
As if that ever ends well ;)

[If we don't have any particular time constraints on these tasks, I'd suggest we all just help each other on whatever group quests are available--provided they aren't objectionable to one's character's personal ethos]

Charity

"Well, since we know where they are, maybe it's best if we find Maxeene first. She works one of the drays in the city, but who knows how many there are? Afterwards we can go dissuade your troublemakers, since they're less spread out. Sound good?" Charity proposes.

Brad

"Sounds like fun. Wandering the city asking strangers if they've seen a talking horse. You know normal people stuff."

Brad, Ran, Marten, and Charity head out into the city to find Maxeene, the talking horse. This seems like it should be an easy task, especially with the four of them on the case, but an onset of sudden shyness by Charity and Ran getting a bit distracted by a performance competition with a busker in the Castle Ward leads the group to wander the city with no solid leads for three straight hours.

The group gathers at the docks, exhausted and hungry to try and decide what to do next...

(If only they had an investigator of some sort with them for this particular side quest! @HCGLNS )

So we have definitely lost our momentum on this. Shall we call it? There seems to be more important things going on. I have three other PbP games going, so it affects you guys more than me to stop.

Sorry, with everything going on it's been hard to focus and set aside time. I need to be better about scheduling my day. I'd still love to play, personally. I think maybe we should take a count of who still feels like playing for now? I think one thing holding us back is when we need to make a decision and want to hear from everyone.

looks like we're dead in the water. So instead, please enjoy this homebrew spell I made