Halforum Minecraft Server

Dave

Staff member
Got it to work! Everything is up & running. The server name changed, though.

Login Server: crankymisc.mcserver.io

There are two servers. The first is always day with no weather effects. This server is normal difficulty survival. This server is called "Main".

The second is always night, weather on. Hard difficulty survival. This server is called "Monster". And it's not the most pleasant place to be.

PLEASE NOTE that they messed up and STARTED you on the Monster server. As soon as you are in, type "/server main" to switch. I have put torches and signs by spawn to help out, but do it fast. Or you'll be mad at the Dave-man.

Inventory persists between servers now, as does experience points. But if you die on the Monster server you SHOULD keep your exp from the Main. Should. Untested as of right now.

Anyway, there's no white list so come on over!

Dave

Staff member
Limited amount of diamonds on the Main server and ramped them up on the Monster server. So the Main server you find diamonds at half rate (although the veins are .5x bigger) and the Monster server is 3x the amount.

Give people a reason to brave the dark.

I geared up, went to the monster server in iron armor and shield yesterday, and got killed in about a minute by a skeleton with an enchanted bow and some zombies. Then I ran around until I managed to pick my shit back up and went back to the normal server. Not very solo friendly atm. ;) Maybe need to get a couple people together and build a hidey hole to fall back to. (Or fence in the starter area more than just torches)

Dave

Staff member
I'm going to fence in the starting area tomorrow. I'm going to build a building with an iron door.

Dave

Staff member
It probably wasn't a villager, although if you're set up in a village maybe the person didn't know it was yours? Dunno. Haven't heard of anyone griefing but something like that isn't covered by the small anti-griefing mod I have in place.

Dave

Staff member
They don't. But if he's close to spawn and in a village maybe they didn't know? Regardless, I have a lot of cane I could give him.

GasBandit

Staff member
So, the nether update is live, now. Emrys and I tried it out on my private server... the new nether stuff seems kinda interesting. The new pig-race attacking you unless you are wearing something gold is kinda funny.

Dave

Staff member
Yeah the 1.16 is pretty cool. Waiting on Bukkit to catch up to change the online server to that. Oh, and right now the BungeeCord server is down, which means you can't get on mine at all. I've opened a ticket.

Dave

Staff member
Well, so much for that. Even paying a year in advance won't keep servers up it seems. The server went down on the 26th. I opened a ticket immediately. After days of no responses, I get this:

Hello David,

We are terribly sorry for this, seems like it's an issue from our upstream provider; it may be a hardware failure.
At this point all we can do is to move your server to another node but without the server files as we cannot access them currently, or to wait for the issue to be fixed.

We apologise again and we will make sure to compensate you accordingly.

Please let us know how you want to proceed.
My reply:

Forget it. Shut the whole thing down, refund the cash I've paid, & close my account.
It wasn't even good while it lasted. I didn't HAVE it that fucking long!

GasBandit

Staff member
If anybody has a real jonesing to play multiplayer on a server, I just reset mine with the new update. I'm willing to add any of you to the whitelist. Address is gasbandit.zapto.org, just let me know if you want in.

Dave

Staff member
No, unless you want to also do Realms.

—Patrick
Which is vanilla multiplayer. I seriously thought about getting a realms since my third party vendor went tits up. So if I did that there would be NO monthly membership for anyone hopping in, just me.

And again, Realms is vanilla only IIRC. No mods.

Dave

Staff member
I think it's an addon for your own server. But I'll bet there are already bed wars servers you can play on. But it's not a Realms thing.

Thank you.

I’m more than happy to get him Minecraft for his laptop (even though we have it on the PS). I just wanted to make sure that we weren’t getting into another monthly fee.

GasBandit

Staff member
From what I can tell, Bedwars is a spigot mod, which means it is for java edition servers.

Getting it set up would be a lot of research and headache, but fortunately as Dave said, there are definitely lots of bedwars servers that other people have already set up that you can join without having to do anything but own vanilla minecraft - no realms subscription needed.

I'm pretty sure you can play Bedwars on any version. Both have servers you can join that provide minigames. I have a feeling your son already knows how to find these.