Halforum Minecraft Server

Why does it have to do anything? Is it not enough for a block in Minecraft to be rare and difficult to mine?
What I was actually asking was whether a netherite beacon has any properties that the more mundane gold/emerald/iron/etc beacons do not? In other words, aside from flexing to win a pick-swinging contest, does using netherite have any other benefit?

--Patrick

What I was actually asking was whether a netherite beacon has any properties that the more mundane gold/emerald/iron/etc beacons do not? In other words, aside from flexing to win a pick-swinging contest, does using netherite have any other benefit?

--Patrick
I'm sure it does, that just not what the video was about.

figmentPez

Staff member
It does not. Though this is a snapshot, not a finished build, so who knows what might be added before it's "complete", let alone in the future.

figmentPez

Staff member
I'm really liking the idea of the lodestone. Being able to set a custom point for a compass to point to? That would be very useful. Too bad it costs a netherite brick to build.

Dave

Staff member
I got a wild hair the other night & made a new Minecraft server. I also paid for it a year in advance so it'll be up a while.

Here's what I'm doing. I actually have THREE servers. I'm paying the other two monthly until I see how it all works.

Server #1: Main server. Always daylight. Monsters then only spawn underground. Food consumption is slowed down a bit because of this. Survival. Normal Mode. No PvP.
Server #2: Monster server. Always night. Villages will spawn but no NPCs. Survival. Hard mode. PvP on.
Server #3: This will be an Adventure server. Once I decide what the adventure is going to be.

It's vanilla with only two mods. The first is a timber mod. When using an ax and you cut the bottom part of a tree you get the wood from the entire tree. Note that each part does damage to your ax and it does NOT work on the extra bits of wood in giant trees, just the trunk.

The second mod allows you to use Silk Touch picks to gather monster spawners. Not sure if I'll keep this one. It'll depend on how smooth the server runs.

The two additional servers are not up yet. I need to get the bridge done before we can teleport between them. So right now it's just the main server which is at crankyolddave.mcserver.io.

Come on down if you want to get away for a bit.

Please note the starting area is in a jungle and has some lava close by. It's gotten a couple of people already who weren't careful...

Dave

Staff member
Java, yes. So I don't THINK so. But I can make it Bedrock server if you want. I'll just have to reconfigure stuff.

Dave

Staff member
Okay, I'm looking and I can't find out if I'd need to switch to let XBox people play. I do see that I'd have to go back several versions to go to version 1.14.6 for Bedrock and we're on 1.15.2 for Java.

I'm willing to do it if people want to play but the sooner the better.

Dave

Staff member
I've found the answers I wanted and I'm sorry. The BungeeCord mod that allows me to tie together all three servers is not compatible with Bedrock edition. So I can't have Bedrock even if I wanted. Sorry, man.

Dave

Staff member
Server is currently down. They said it's going to take them 24-48 hours to implement the BungeeCord, which allows all three servers to interact. Had no idea it was going to be that long or I wouldn't have said anything to anyone about it yet. D'oh!

GasBandit

Staff member
I've been running a minecraft server for Emrys and I to play on for quite a while now, but with the impending nether changes, it's hard to maintain enthusiasm to play when all the stuff we do (we'd been primarily working in the nether until the announcement about the new nether biomes came out) is gonna have to get wiped if we want the new content.

it's hard to maintain enthusiasm to play when all the stuff we do (we'd been primarily working in the nether until the announcement about the new nether biomes came out) is gonna have to get wiped if we want the new content.
Minecraft in a nutshell.

--Patrick

Dave

Staff member
Well crap. There will only be two playable servers. The full daylight one and the night one. No adventure server. BungeeCord needs its own server to tie them together, which is why you need 3 servers to have the tie in.

I probably won't buy another server for Adventure but I'm not against the idea later.

Dave

Staff member
Well this is annoying. BungeeCord disables all console commands. Not that that's a big deal because I wasn't planning on using them, but as an admin they would be nice if a player needs help. Oh, and it doesn't allow me to set the "all day" or "all night" server situation. So now I have to figure out wtf I want to do.

Have you looked in to plug-ins like multiverse? It allows you to have multiple worlds all linked together on one server.

GasBandit

Staff member
In the old days, we were running multiverse on the HF server. The problem is, you run those mods? You're never on the latest version. And that seemed to be a point of contention for some HF users (Including Dave)

Dave

Staff member
Yeah I'm looking at that as well. It's so stupid that BungeeCord removes all console commands. Well, they have their OWN console commands. But they suck.

There are plugins I can download...but they suck.

According to the host "If you want to execute a certain command in a server, you need to go to that server in Multicraft and access that respective console. " but I haven't been able to get a single one to work.

Very frustrating.

But as to the versioning for multiverse, that really doesn't matter. Current version is what I'm running anyway. But I want to make sure I've exhausted all the avenues from what's set up now before I switch.

Dave

Staff member
Truthfully, if I could find a way to keep it either day or night all the time I'd be fine with how it is. But there are no plugins that do that that are compatible with current version. I need 3 whole commands. That's it.

/gamerule doDaylightCycle false - When it's day so it stays eternally so.
/gamerule doWeatherCycle false - When it's clear to remove all weather except clear.

and on the other server

/gamerul doDaylightCycle false - When it's night and I want it to stay eternally so.

Okay, so maybe I want to run ONE FUCKING COMMAND but do it three times.

Dave

Staff member
Figured it out. Even though in the permissions I was set at the highest level - owner - I has to run a console command that said, "op Edrondol". Once I did that everything fell into place. No need to change anything. Now I go about setting up things like the teleports & stuff.

Even though in the permissions I was set at the highest level - owner - I has to run a console command that said, "op Edrondol"
That's been the way of it for a while now. You need to promote yourself from the console to add yourself to the op list before your player char can use console commands.

--Patrick

Dave

Staff member
That's been the way of it for a while now. You need to promote yourself from the console to add yourself to the op list before your player char can use console commands.

--Patrick
Thanks, Captain Hindsight!

Now all I have to do is figure out how to keep inventory cross-server. Looking at plugins for that now. Probably won't do much more until I get home from work since I have to actually physically go into the center tonight.