Halforum Minecraft Server

Those trees look worse.
They're not as clean, but I actually think they look more like real birch trees. And yes I live someplace where I can see such trees.

But I also understand how not everybody likes every change either.

figmentPez

Staff member
Those trees look worse.
It's not the final texture. They decided it was too blurry and are changing it. I imagine a lot of the new textures will be changed around before final release.

Glowstone needs a new texture. I've always hated the look of glowstone.

Hey, so I've been thinking of getting back into Minecraft. Wondering if I should stick with the old Java version or is it worth downloading the Win10 version?

You're pretty much not going to have a choice, pretty soon. The Java version "isn't going away," they said (by which I assume they mean "we're going to let it languish and die"), but if you want interoperability across all platforms, you're (probably) going to have to move to the new client.

--Patrick

That's not anything new, is it? The Java version has never had interoperability between platforms. I was wondering if there's any difference in the way they perform/play that makes one preferable to the other.

That's not anything new, is it? The Java version has never had interoperability between platforms. I was wondering if there's any difference in the way they perform/play that makes one preferable to the other.
Java is ahead in updates and is moddable.

Live map doesn't work. Is the server still up? It's been a while.

My brother is wanting a server to play on, so I'm thinking of giving him this address, once I find out his login so we can whitelist him.

Also, IIRC, no word on how to set up your OWN dedicated server for Win10 (pocket, console, etc) edition yet, right?

Edit: Calling @Shakey as it's possible this has fallen off your "watched threads" listing.

Last edited:
Oh, and you can set up your own PE server. I've been thinking about throwing that idea out there as we aren't using much for mods other than the map. Which would suck to lose.

Dave

Staff member
I love Minecraft, I just can't see a reason to get on after I get far enough to be completely safe. They really need to update the game.

Oh, and you can set up your own PE server.
I've considered it.
I mean, I still have my own server running, but the folks who were using it don't seem to be logging in as much any more, and it's not like it would be a lot of trouble to spin up another instance of MC on a separate port.

--Patrick

I didn't know if it would "take" post-reboot, but I remembered that I was still an admin, and added him via server commands myself. ;)

Thanks man.
The way the server commands work now, when you whitelist someone, their name also gets appended to an XML file or something so it persists across reboots. No more physically adding their name to a file and then forcing a reload.

--Patrick

The flying mob won. Also, the aquatic update looks fucking amazing.[DOUBLEPOST=1511029976,1511029923][/DOUBLEPOST]

figmentPez

Staff member
More tidbits on the Update Aquatic:

What I found notable is that breath is no longer going to instantly regenerate when you get back to air, but you will be able to breathe from the bubbles coming up from magma blocks. I'm guessing planting a torch underwater is no longer going to be a viable way to refill your oxygen.

I'm thinking end of the month I'll be taking down the server. It isn't used much right now, and it's probably been over a year since I've been able to play much. I'll be posting backups this weekend if anyone wants them, or wants to host it themselves.

I'm thinking end of the month I'll be taking down the server. It isn't used much right now, and it's probably been over a year since I've been able to play much. I'll be posting backups this weekend if anyone wants them, or wants to host it themselves.
Did we ever get a backup for the map before this one? I really wanted it because my husband and I built a cool redstone gate.