Halforum Minecraft Server

I thought they said you couldn't make a beacon out of netherite?
Ah, they changed it.

...but what does it do?

--Patrick

Why does it have to do anything? Is it not enough for a block in Minecraft to be rare and difficult to mine?
What I was actually asking was whether a netherite beacon has any properties that the more mundane gold/emerald/iron/etc beacons do not? In other words, aside from flexing to win a pick-swinging contest, does using netherite have any other benefit?

--Patrick

What I was actually asking was whether a netherite beacon has any properties that the more mundane gold/emerald/iron/etc beacons do not? In other words, aside from flexing to win a pick-swinging contest, does using netherite have any other benefit?

--Patrick
I'm sure it does, that just not what the video was about.

figmentPez

Staff member
It does not. Though this is a snapshot, not a finished build, so who knows what might be added before it's "complete", let alone in the future.

figmentPez

Staff member
I'm really liking the idea of the lodestone. Being able to set a custom point for a compass to point to? That would be very useful. Too bad it costs a netherite brick to build.