Halforum Minecraft Server

I have claimed a mountain. Somewhere north-west-ish from spawn. I think. I shall erect a grand edifice upon this mountain! (or get bored halfway through and leave it a ruin. You know, whichever.)

Dave

Staff member
Mine always looks the same. I think it squares and rectangles, apparently.

And this time I think I built my village too large. I'm going to have to wrangle my dudes to a single spot so they start to breed, then cut them loose. Right now they are on different levels and can't find each other to make that sweet, sweet love.

Problem #1 in the construction of the aforementioned grand edifice/abandoned ruin; the mountain I have chosen seems to be almost entirely made from gravel.

This is annoying.

Who lights their caverns with jack-o-lanterns? I found a cave that has that while exploring a cave that I uncovered during branchmining, so I guess somewhere was there before. If so, howdy, neighbor.

Who lights their caverns with jack-o-lanterns? I found a cave that has that while exploring a cave that I uncovered during branchmining, so I guess somewhere was there before. If so, howdy, neighbor.
Not me, though I think that's awesome.

Cranky has done it, so have I, but I'm not sure you stumbled onto either of our places.

--Patrick

Looking at the map, it's probably whoever has that little beach-house with the pumpkin farm north of spawn. That's pretty close to my place, so that should be the one.

@Dirona and I did an expedition today! We went to find a Stronghold, and found one! North-west of spawn. Approx -1424 X -1088. So we dug down, found the portal, and then I made a Nether Portal to it!

And promptly discovered one that went to a village to the north-west of THAT!

Long story short, made another portal in the nether, in a SMALL hut, that's at nether Co-ordinates -180 X -136. There's actually a series of torches that whomever made the "other" portal had already dropped starting from near our portal in the nether network, since there's an exit to "non-safe" areas from there. So follow the torches, and you can get to the Hut that leads to the End Portal room.

Portal is NOT filled. We didn't have the pearls.

Dave

Staff member
So who killed all my chickens and dug around in my chicken enclosure? My guess would be the same person who let a creeper explode by my house and didn't fill it back in.

Bad person! Bad!

GasBandit

Staff member
So who killed all my chickens and dug around in my chicken enclosure? My guess would be the same person who let a creeper explode by my house and didn't fill it back in.

Bad person! Bad!
I know you guys are vanilla purists and everything, but that's part of the reason I made sure when I was running the minecraft server, it was using Bukkit and Hawkeye. Hawkeye would track every single change to the world via a logfile, making note of who did what, and changes could be easily rolled back by location or by player.

I know you guys are vanilla purists and everything, but that's part of the reason I made sure when I was running the minecraft server, it was using Bukkit and Hawkeye. Hawkeye would track every single change to the world via a logfile, making note of who did what, and changes could be easily rolled back by location or by player.
Even Minecraft Realms has a server log of who was on when, I'm sure that info is available, if not the exact location rollback.

WTH is happening with the underwater temple? I see a tree on the map in the area that's been drained, and very little "temple-type" stone from the sky.

Da fuck?

WTH is happening with the underwater temple? I see a tree on the map in the area that's been drained, and very little "temple-type" stone from the sky.

Da fuck?
The temple is still underwater it looks like. The area next to it was just cleared.[DOUBLEPOST=1484102637,1484102355][/DOUBLEPOST]I hadn't bothered with anything like Hawkeye before, I figured we didn't need it. I can always find something that will work.

Dave

Staff member
I'm not worried about it. There are still 2 chickens. I feel the need...the need for seed!

Oh, and some dirt to fill in the hole. Nothing else has been damaged that I can see.

Da fuck?
I'm clearing away the temple in anticipation of eventually making a guardian farm. Half of it is gone down to y31, and the rest will be done in the be the couple days. The only question left is whether to make it an xp-type farm or just drops, like Aussie made in the last incarnation.

The tree is for wood for charcoal for drying sponges.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bad person! Bad!
I went to your house to see what was going on over there, 'cause you're right next to me (and to make use of your enchantment table for my own diamond pick) but I didn't mess with your chickens. If a creeper inadvertently explode - I don't recall if I did - apologies.

I did install CoreProtect last night, just to be safe going forward. I'm sure anything that might happen would be an accident, and not all that horrible, but we at least have an option now. So if something does happen, don't do anything in that area until it gets fixed.

Dave

Staff member
I went to your house to see what was going on over there, 'cause you're right next to me (and to make use of your enchantment table for my own diamond pick) but I didn't mess with your chickens. If a creeper inadvertently explode - I don't recall if I did - apologies.
Like I said - no big deal. I can repopulate chickens. Just make sure there are always 2 left - they are not native to the area and it took me a lot of stolen borrowed eggs to get. ;)

You can use anything in my house or chests you need. The village up the hill has a brewing station and pumpkins.

GasBandit

Staff member
Like I said - no big deal. I can repopulate chickens. Just make sure there are always 2 left - they are not native to the area and it took me a lot of stolen borrowed eggs to get. ;)

You can use anything in my house or chests you need. The village up the hill has a brewing station and pumpkins.
I remember, back in my day, the prank was to FILL the guy's base with chickens, not kill his chickens!

@drifter

GasBandit

Staff member