Halforum Minecraft Server

GasBandit

Staff member
I put some up indoors in a room with no windows... and it was after you were already having problems... but if you think it will help I'll take them down.

I put some up indoors in a room with no windows... and it was after you were already having problems... but if you think it will help I'll take them down.
I wouldn't worry about it. Like I said, I've had paintings up in the spawn hut from the beginning. I think it only causes a problem if it has to render it.

It's useful, it's just not how I'd planned, and it's about a month early.
Like I said, I'll fix it later.

--Patrick

You're in an awkward spot. I was bored and honestly it isn't how I would have liked it either, but I haven't had time to fix it yet.

I did go check out your corvette @grub. I managed to get on top of it, and had a grim reminder that holding shift down doesn't keep you on the ledge if you're on a step. That's a bit of a fall...

GasBandit

Staff member
I'm about 300 redstone blocks from finishing the head. Still got the arms to go after that but it's a little exciting to be nearing completion on this part - it's taken about as long to do the head as it did the entire minecart, and it's only gone this fast because you guys have been so generously supplying me with redstone.

I died countless times during construction. Luckily it is close enough to my spawn point. The first death I was at Lvl31, after that i didn't bother leveling.

GasBandit

Staff member
I think two more stacks of redstone blocks will see the head completed. Woo!

Oh, and I made the area around my nethergate/front door more safe. It used to just be open and unenclosed, so at night it used to be pretty dangerous to come visit me.

Last edited:
@GasBandit I have almost a double chest full of redstone you are welcome to. I am not on right now being as I am traveling for work, but I am not far from you. Off a bit to the Northeast as I recall. Latest map might help, but if you can find the way to my wall, help yourself in, enter the hut, and down the stairs, turn left, that's my furnace and storage room up the stairs. Help yourself to all of it. Right now I am not doing anything with redstone and you are almost doing me a favor by taking it.

GasBandit

Staff member
@GasBandit I have almost a double chest full of redstone you are welcome to. I am not on right now being as I am traveling for work, but I am not far from you. Off a bit to the Northeast as I recall. Latest map might help, but if you can find the way to my wall, help yourself in, enter the hut, and down the stairs, turn left, that's my furnace and storage room up the stairs. Help yourself to all of it. Right now I am not doing anything with redstone and you are almost doing me a favor by taking it.
Thanks, I appreciate it. Aside from donations, I was almost completely dry last night. Was freaky. On level 14, I cut a 4x12x300 meter swath through the underworld and came up with not a single redstone particle. Crazy.

Also, you're northeast of ME? That's impressive.

So I left myself in the Blaze lounge last night when I went to get some lunch, and forgot to log myself out.
When I returned, My screen was lagging (2-3fps) and I headed down to the crusher, curious to see what had happened.
I pulled the lever, pressed the button, and then, clock in hand, I closed my eyes and flailed into the stuttering yellow morass for all I was worth.
I started this with half an experience level (level 0 but halfway full). By the time I was done, I had gone up to level 41. I fixed all my armor.

--Patrick

GasBandit

Staff member
So I left myself in the Blaze lounge last night when I went to get some lunch, and forgot to log myself out.
When I returned, My screen was lagging (2-3fps) and I headed down to the crusher, curious to see what had happened.
I pulled the lever, pressed the button, and then, clock in hand, I closed my eyes and flailed into the stuttering yellow morass for all I was worth.
I started this with half an experience level (level 0 but halfway full). By the time I was done, I had gone up to level 41. I fixed all my armor.

--Patrick
Hah, I wonder how many times you could have gotten to 30 if you had stopped to repair at 30 each time, since the exp curve is parabolic.

I hadn't brought any materials with me, so I had to just stockpile the exp to carry back to my workshop.

--Patrick

If anyone has smooth stone they want to get rid of I'll take it. I've been going through a ton of it on the Nether tunnels. I've gone through close to 3 double chests of the stuff lately and I'm going to have to fire up my furnaces again soon to restock.

GasBandit

Staff member
If anyone has smooth stone they want to get rid of I'll take it. I've been going through a ton of it on the Nether tunnels. I've gone through close to 3 double chests of the stuff lately and I'm going to have to fire up my furnaces again soon to restock.
There's a lot of smooth stone in my mailbox that Dave left for me, and also a double chest full in my basement. By all means, help yourself.

You know you can empty my smooth stone chests whenever you want to. Cranky cleaned out my double chest yesterday, but I've about halfway filled it again. You don't need to ask, just come and take all the smooth stone you want, whenever you want. I'm not using it, and if I reach a point where I do, I'll just make more.

--Patrick

Cool. I'll probably hit you guys up. We'll see if I stick to it, but I'd like to get the nether tunnel all lined in stone and in the same style.

I also made a loop from the mesa to the mushroom island. I haven't closed in the window areas yet, but it should be done. I made what is probably my biggest bridge over lava doing it. @PatrThom can attest to my multiple deaths in the process.

I should also draw up a map of the tunnel. Hmmmm.

GasBandit

Staff member
Cool. I'll probably hit you guys up. We'll see if I stick to it, but I'd like to get the nether tunnel all lined in stone and in the same style.

I also made a loop from the mesa to the mushroom island. I haven't closed in the window areas yet, but it should be done. I made what is probably my biggest bridge over lava doing it. @PatrThom can attest to my multiple deaths in the process.

I should also draw up a map of the tunnel. Hmmmm.
I think tectonicus has an option to render the nether...

figmentPez

Staff member
People are welcome to raid my place for whatever they want. I don't see myself finding time to play any time soon.

GasBandit

Staff member
Maybe when they fix it so a random painting doesn't stop me from making a new map I'll give it a try.
Unfortunately I get the feeling development on tectonicus may have stopped. Maybe Overviewer is a possible alternative? Less user friendly (no gui) but maybe it won't have that problem.

There was a post by the developer basically saying he'll get to it when he has time. Could be a while though, so I'll check that out.

GasBandit

Staff member
Finally finished work on her head. Started on the arms. Did the prelim planning and such in single player creative mode, then once that got worked out switched back to the server to continue construction.

It is a LOT harder to make progress when gravity is a factor. What took 60 seconds to construct in creative with flying took 20 minutes of teetering around on scaffolds. Fortunately the resources are abundant - I've got enough cloth for the sleeves, and with the discovery of the Mesa biome, hardened clay is now much easier to come by.

Made a secondary blaze grinder, for if the first one is occupied. If you want to use it, take the path towards the jungle biome. Go up the first flight of stairs (in front of the wither pad), and it'll be down the first hallway on the left.

Last edited:
To whomever cleaned out my double chest of smooth stone in the last couple of days:

...come get more, I refilled it.

--Patrick