H2G2 Themed Birthday Present

Status
Not open for further replies.
So I didn't have any money to get my girlfriend something for her birthday last month but I made up for it big time by making this :p She gets it next thursday when I go see her.

Beautiful. Looks a lot like the kits my friends and I have considered doing up: "In case of Zombie Apocalypse."

Didn't really require any advanced woodworking.

I work at a hardware store in the lumber area so I know how to use saws :p

But yeah just took some 1x8 and took the guard off the table saw (oops OSHA im sorry :p we are required to have it because someone cut his fingers off a couple years ago) and routed out a slot for the plexiglass front and did a couple passes to route out a big enough slot for 1/4 sheet of plywood for the back. Then I ripped the front part of the board with the thing slot for the plexi off and cut all the stuff to the right demension, painted it all, inserted the plexi and the plywood, nailed it all together, put on the hinges, hasp, and nailed in the shelf and blam done.

My girlfriend is a huge hitchikers fan so I am hoping she loves it.

Also on a side note, who has read the new hitchikers book "And Another Thing...? Is it any good? Is it pretty true to Adams or should I skip it?

Status
Not open for further replies.