[Drawing] Gusto's February Madness III (NSFW)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey guys, I'm back in the forum now. I'm gonna start posting my DED posts here too, when I'm home from work today since a good chunk of them are NSFW.

Day 1:

Day 2:

A quick drawing of Chad Sexington :

Day 3:
This was a sketch of Alison Brie that I started and stopped. I love drawing hair so it was a good bit of fun for me, but I realized I drew her face too long probably and couldn’t get a good resemblance if I kept going.
I think I’ll try again later this month, probably wit a different photo ref though. :)

Day 4:
Did some work on a painting commission I’m working on. Got a new brush which laid down the paint beautifully. Looking forward to working on this more this month!

Day 5:
A really fast, really rough sketch before work. I based it on Anne Hathaway and apart from a few egregious errors I’m pretty happy with it for something I scribbled out in like 6 minutes. :/
Anyway.

Day 6:
Had to get used to using my tablet again, and throwing together some flat layers. Anyway this is totally based on reference and I made up a sleeve tattoo. :)

Again, all of these are posted on my tumblr: http://artgusto.tumblr.com/

Day 7:
So today I knew I wasn’t gonna have time to finish something completely, so I thought I’d lay down the base sketch for something I wanna draw over the rest of the month. I got about this far before I realized it wasn’t what I had in mind and stopped.
But this is what Draw Every Day is about, right? #failure

Day 8:
That’s better. I’ll be working on something like this over the remainder of the month, this one is closer to what I wanted.

Day 9:
Hey. Still making progress on this. It’s a concept for the waterbender character I play in an Avatar-themed DnD campaign some friends and I invented. Loads of fun and flexibility in combat. :) I’ve always wanted to draw her (as I have most of my characters) but this was the first convenient time to do so.
Expect to see more of her this month.

Day 10:
Progress! Another coat needs to be done on the yellow part, fear not, it’ll look less green. But it’s progressing, no one can deny that!

Day 11:
Back to NSFW. This one was made possible by my waking up far too early this morning! Legs are too short, but at least I noticed that. :p
See y’all tomorrow.

Day 12:
Keep on goin’. Wish I could sleep better. Reference used, and I’m pretty happy with how this came out. :)

Day 13:
Another painting I’m planning for after the two I’m currently commissioned to do! I’ll often scan a loose sketch into Photoshop and play around wit the tablet to come up with a few ideas, as I’ve done here. In this case I printed out one of the digital layers to serve as a stencil for transferring onto canvas.
Kind of a ghetto technique but it gets the job done and will be more necessary for more complex sketches.

Day 14:
Happy Valentines Day, enjoy this naked lady hip-deep in water!
Also, whooooooooaaaa, we’re halfway there. Whoaaa-oh.

Day 15:
Took another shot at this whole Alison Brie thing, this time with the tablet. Think it came out a whole lot better. :)

And then this one's from today, a friend of mine:

Based on this photo:

[DOUBLEPOST=1361069498][/DOUBLEPOST]Kind of a troll face. :troll:

I think my favorite so far is the girl with the hair being blown by the wind. She looks so carefree.
Thanks Seej! I'm looking forward to painting it, just have to do the paid commissions first. :)

Day 17:

Today I decided to take my usual heavy tablet-drawn flat-toned drawings in a lighter direction, and I kinda like it:

Day 20:
Something similar. I’m not great at drawing feet anyway, and the reference pic I used for this had them obscured behind a blanket. Oh well. My favourite part of these kinds of sketches is using the reference to get the pose nailed down and then doing whatever I want with the facial expression and hairstyle. I love drawing hair and between yesterday and today I’ve been able to have some fun. :)

It's the day of that big wedding I'm going to so you get a quicker drawing!

Also I'll likely be hungover and exhausted tomorrow so I'll post something but I can't guarantee any quality!

Here was Day 26. I didn't really like how it came out, but a bunch of people on Tumblr did, so there's that.

On Day 27, my scanner got taken out of commission for a little while, so while I WILL scan it in and post it eventually, here's a photo of my Day 27 sketch.

Status
Not open for further replies.