[Contest] Guess the date of Trump's Impeachment!

Dave

Staff member
Okay, so the prevailing rumor and thought now is that Trump does not want the Presidency, really, and that establishment republicans would rather see Pence. So they are predicting that Trump will do something and the republican congress will impeach him. So let's have some fun.

I'm going to hold a contest to see who gets closer to the date of his eventual impeachment.

Rules:
  1. You can only pick one (1) date and it has to be PAST his inauguration day.
  2. If he resigns or does not take the office, nobody wins.
  3. If he makes it to the next election date in 2020, nobody wins.
  4. In the event of a tie (tow people guess within the same number of days) the person guessing the earlier date wins.
  5. Prize is $100 USD paid by myself. And that's $100 at the dollar rate of the time the contest is won.

Let's put money on the latest conspiracy theory!

B

BErt

I'll go in for "very, very quickly"...Feb 8, 2017

Edit to explain: I believe the "rumors" that he doesn't want it. I don't think he ever wanted it. There was an article right after he won the primary by the former head of his super PAC that her instructions were to make sure he finished "no worse than 3rd" in the primary.

Last edited by a moderator:
He's there until 2020. Even if it were true that he wants out there's no face saving way for him to resign. I have a hard time imagining a republican congress impeaches him either. I don't think they want to risk alienating the people responsible for nominating and eventually electing him.

I do like the idea of the GOP not wanting him and Trump not wanting but having to do the job though. There is a certain justice to the notion that all the major players in this election are being punished for subjecting the American electorate to this debacle. Hillary and the DNC's punishment is obvious, Trump could be living a be careful what you wish for scenario, and the establishment republicans have to live with losing control of their voters and their president.

In any case I hope everyone who has a lesson to learn out of all this learned the right one whatever that may be...

PS. January 30 2019

You think this may be the one reason Pence decided not to leave the ticket after the "grab them by the pussy" incident?

August 17 2019

By the way, is this the date that the

1) impeachment takes effect - the day he's actually kicked out
2) the impeachment is passed (assuming there's some transition time)

I dunno. I think maybe if it was a joke or something at first, now that he has it I'm sure he thinks he really deserves it. My money is full 8 years.

Dave said there's no prize if Trump finishes out, so you might as well throw out a date and see if you get lucky.

Sent from my CurrentComputer
Meh, by then we'll be trading nestle brand water rations that we got from our jobs at pray the [behavior deemed inappropriate] camps.

Meh, by then we'll be trading nestle brand water rations that we got from our jobs at pray the [behavior deemed inappropriate] camps.
Not if you guess earlier than that.

You're not allowed to be lazy about this. Gruebeard's already claimed that at his thing; you can't just take someone else's thing.

By the way, is this the date that the
1) impeachment takes effect - the day he's actually kicked out
2) the impeachment is passed (assuming there's some transition time)
"Impeachment" is merely the leveling of charges.
"Confirmation" is the second step.

As for my guess, I'm going to wait a month or so to see how the wind is blowing, first.

--Patrick

I'm going to go early on this as well, with Feb 3, 2017. I think that's two days after the second time he either threatens to revoke a Bill of Rights amendment, or threatens military action against an ally nation - up to and potentially including the threat of nuclear strike; because he's being taunted online by Americans or a foreign diplomat let's slip something judgmental about him on a hot mic.

Why is resigning not part of it? NIXON resigned for instance. So I'd say resigned due to scandal (though how we'll determine what THAT would be might be an issue) should be a valid guessing why/when he's gone, but it's ultimately your money Dave.

November 5th, 2018 btw. Guy Fawkes day. Just for shits and giggles.

Why is resigning not part of it? NIXON resigned for instance. So I'd say resigned due to scandal (though how we'll determine what THAT would be might be an issue) should be a valid guessing why/when he's gone, but it's ultimately your money Dave.

November 5th, 2018 btw. Guy Fawkes day. Just for shits and giggles.

Resign to avoid impeachment should totally be an option.

Heh, his lawyers are arguing that those fraud charges should never go to court. It would be JUST too chaotic for a president elect to be forced to appear in court and besides, it was SOOOOO long ago.

@Dave Assassination/death in office is not covered by these rules, you might want to pick an outcome (probably 'nobody wins'). I mean, 1 in 6 of your Presidents end up that way, so...

December 1st 2017, though I'm inclined to think he'll serve at least one full term.

Dave

Staff member
Assassination/death means the contest is over without a winner. Except Pence. And in that scenario we all lose anyway.

Eeeh, even though I could see him possibly being (successfully) impeached because there is a little chance of things not being corrupts as hell with conflicts of interest all over, I don't think other republicans will be willing to confront him in large enough numbers. They will bend over backwards trying to gloss it over because they are more afraid of losing their position then the country turning into a banana republic. I think it's actually more likely that he will resign because being president is no fun and a lot of work health reasons and again Republicans will praise him for being so brave to step down. And we get president Mike Pence. :eek:

But here's my number 12/18/2018