[Movies] Guardians of the Galaxy

It's a good intro to the movie. It doesn't really say much about what it's about, but I'm sure that's to come.

I wanted to see this before based on the buzz. Now I want to see it even more.

Also, since six months ago, my local library network has picked up four volumes of Guardians of the Galaxy, all of which are currently out or on hold, so I'm taking this to mean others are also interested in reading about it now.

The Kree look really cool. Well, the one Kree they keep showing. With Ronan being the bad guy hopefully she's a Kree.

The Kree look really cool. Well, the one Kree they keep showing. With Ronan being the bad guy hopefully she's a Kree.
Fun fact: according to James Gunn, Marvel apparently only partially owns the film rights to the Skrulls and definitely doesn't own the film rights to the Badoon. So, neither alien race will turn up in the film. Apparently the Sakaaran will be showing up in this, however.

I just realized something: there will very likely be people who are offended that the "evil aliens" in this are called The Kree. Specifically, Native Americans.

Obviously, this is a ridiculous connection, but it wouldn't surprise me. There were groups, after all, angry about Idris Elba playing a Norse god, while another group petitioned a name change for Lord of the Rings: Two Towers because they believed it was purposely called that to make money from 9/11.

Yeah, the Skrulls went with the Fantastic Four rights, I know that.[DOUBLEPOST=1392935547,1392935480][/DOUBLEPOST]
I just realized something: there will very likely be people who are offended that the "evil aliens" in this are called The Kree. Specifically, Native Americans.

Obviously, this is a ridiculous connection, but it wouldn't surprise me. There were groups, after all, angry about Idris Elba playing a Norse god, while another group petitioned a name change for Lord of the Rings: Two Towers because they believed it was purposely called that to make money from 9/11.
I'm part Cree and I don't think any right minded Cree would care.

I'm part Cree and I don't think any right minded Cree would care.
Key words, there. Right minded people woudln't get offended by trivial stuff like that. But it wouldn't surprise me if we hear something like this once the movie comes out.

Probably from Fox News.

Key words, there. Right minded people woudln't get offended by trivial stuff like that. But it wouldn't surprise me if we hear something like this once the movie comes out.

Probably from Fox News.
Cree are almost entirely Canadian, Fox won't care.

Thanks. It looks like the marketing is playing up the fact that the general audience will have no idea who the Guardians of the Galaxy are.

Well the movie going audience has next to no knowledge of any comic book characters, so you have to sell it based on a theme or by star power.

Now Burt Macklin FBI, that name has some star power!

I'm really excited to see this movie. I have watched the trailer a dozen times. Great job at introducing the main players and showing the tone of the film which appears to be light hearted. I wish we'd see another trailer for X-Men DOFP. When both projects were announced I was more excited for DOFP but seeing the trailers for both that excitement has shifted to GotG.

Well the movie going audience has next to no knowledge of any comic book characters, so you have to sell it based on a theme or by star power.

Now Burt Macklin FBI, that name has some star power!
You thought I was dead. So did Rocket Raccoon...'s enemies.

I hate to say it but they need to play up Bradley Cooper doing RR's voice. There's your name recognition.

I hate to say it but they need to play up Bradley Cooper doing RR's voice. There's your name recognition.
They've really got an actor for everyone in this movie. Karen Gillian for the Doctor Who fans, Bradley Cooper for the average moviegoer, Vin Diesel for the action (and geek) crowds, etc etc.

And I barely even watched Ally McBeal.
Ugh, I did, but not my choice. When I lived with my sister for awhile, she watched it every Monday evening back when it was on. Unfortunately, its running time cut into the first half hour of Monday Night RAW. As a HUGE wrestling fan at the time, during a boom in the wrestling business (fall of 1999), this was aggravating.