Grounded

Adam has given us the go ahead to proceed through the game without him, as he can't guarantee his presence for a while and doesn't want to hold us up.
I'm sorry he won't be joining us. I liked Adam, even if I'd just met him. We could look for a new fourth to join us, though we'd have to figure a way to introduce them to the game instead of throwing them right in if they haven't played it.

That said, I'm down to play tonight if you guys are. @Tinwhistler?

Update 1.02!

There's a lot, but these are the highlights for me.

-Doubled base durability of most weapons and armors.
-Doubled duration / durability of all torches.
-Relocating a building will no longer be canceled if you stumble into combat with a creature.
-BURG.L will now only give Artificer quests for items the player has not yet crafted.
-Doors at player bases will properly have the door open state synced if the open state was changed while a client was far away.

Good! Lot of good fixes there.

Added a "Sort" button to the Inventory and Storage screens.

Finally!!

Toxicology Badge now provides 90% gas damage resistance instead of full immunity.

Aw man!

Pinch Whacker now properly classified as a club instead of an axe, no longer deals chopping damage.

Eh, makes sense. It didn't work like an axe to chop things, anyway.

GasBandit

Staff member
A few more that I think have pertained to us:
-Players will no longer disconnect from multiplayer after being online for 4+ hours.
Heh, I think we hit this one every single weekend

-Wolf Spiders will more reliably sleep during the day.
You know, I THOUGHT that was kinda odd

-Addressed additional use cases where creatures could become stuck in the terrain.
AT LAST no more aphids hiding in rocks squeaking constantly!

- Non-diagonal buildings can now snap to diagonal rotations at specific angles.
This was a MAJOR annoyance at that MIX.R fort we built

A few more that I think have pertained to us:
-Players will no longer disconnect from multiplayer after being online for 4+ hours.
Heh, I think we hit this one every single weekend

-Wolf Spiders will more reliably sleep during the day.
You know, I THOUGHT that was kinda odd

-Addressed additional use cases where creatures could become stuck in the terrain.
AT LAST no more aphids hiding in rocks squeaking constantly!

- Non-diagonal buildings can now snap to diagonal rotations at specific angles.
This was a MAJOR annoyance at that MIX.R fort we built
Oh yeah, we did wonder why we suddenly got booted. Now we know.

And yeah, aphids not stuck anymore is a bonus. And the building parts not lining up properly.

I'm sorry he won't be joining us. I liked Adam, even if I'd just met him. We could look for a new fourth to join us, though we'd have to figure a way to introduce them to the game instead of throwing them right in if they haven't played it.

That said, I'm down to play tonight if you guys are. @Tinwhistler?
yup, I'd like to play :D

GasBandit

Staff member
As much as I'd like to, this weekend is the closed beta event for Darktide, and I'll probably be playing that as much as possible before it closes up shop on sunday night.

But if you guys want to go ahead and do the haze lab, I'm ok with it.

I'm willing to wait until you're ready to play.

Played it a bunch today. Didn't do any labs. Did a bunch of side mission stuff. And explored the edges of the sandbox, fighting antlions and collecting their parts. Got enough to build the antlion sword and armor, but not enough for everyone else yet. I left the armor on the stand for anyone to use and the antlion sword in the arrows box. The antlion armor is a level 3 armor and essential for getting through the sandbox since it gives you full sizzling protection.

Also built a really uneven ramp up into the sandbox to save time having to go through the picnic table every time. It's located at the front of the of the sandbox, below the zipline anchor.

I also tried making a zipline network so it'd be easy getting to and from the sandbox. Made an anchor and attached it going both ways. It kinda worked, but it was slow as fuck going either way.

And then asshole antlion went and destroyed the anchor. Fuck.

I saw you were on when I started steam, and I was downloading the game update when someone started chatting with me on messenger, so I got all distracted.

I'm down. I'm not doing anything these days, so I'm down any time.

Also Update 1.03 dropped today.

No major changes like last time. This was mostly to fix crash issues some people had with sorting. There are some other little things, but a lot of people were complaining about this one.

GasBandit

Staff member
Hah, about that whole "no more quests to make things you have already made" thing... I got a quest today for an acorn face mask. "Well, maybe it just needed once more to set the flag that it had been made..." immediately got another quest for an acorn face mask.

Patch 1.04!

A lot of it is later game patches that don't affect our current game, anyway. Though I do like this:
  • Natural Explorer movement speed increase changed from 3/6/10% to 20/35/50%.
  • Natural Explorer now gets disabled when fighting creatures.
Zoom zoom zoom! Combine this with aphid slippers and you're basically The Flash.

And this:
  • All flavored arrows now craft in stacks of 10 for 1 piece of candy/salt.
  • Gas and Super Gas arrows now craft in stacks of 5 for 1 gas/super gas sack.
  • Super Venom Arrows now craft in stacks of 10 for 1 super venom gland.

I'm guessing people were hoarding their candy and salt since you didn't get many special arrows from them. The extra gas arrows is nice, since I use those pretty often.

I'd love to. I've missed playing with you guys. But for reasons I prefer not to post, I have to decline for a little while. I'll send you a message about it on Discord.
Too much womanizing, shame. Bros before hoes dude!

(this is entirely in jest, obviously, not prying, hope it's nothing too bad)

Just when you thought it was safe to re-enter the backyard...Update 1.1 is coming! No release date yet, but they have a live stream tomorrow to go over everything (and probably announce the release date with it).

Oh, there's some GOOD stuff a-coming. And now I'm really itching to get back into it.

-Additional Inventory Row
We are adding an additional inventory row that is unlocked automatically when you start the game.

FINALLY.

-Hot Pouch Expansion
With this update, there are now three rows of HotPouch items that you can switch between. With keyboard and mouse, you can move between them with the mouse wheel. With a controller, you can move between them using the HotPouch radial.

Ooh, that'll come in handy for when you want to quickly switch from an explorer inventory to combat.

-New Decorative Furniture
We are adding several new vanity items for your base, including the Koi Scale Chair.

-Build from Storage
An often request feature is to build directly from storage containers and pallets. This works very similar to how crafting works.

FINALLY!

-The ZIP.R Zipline Upgrade
Will now be able to be found during your adventure, which will allow you to go up ziplines.

HECK YES.

GasBandit

Staff member
Uuuugh yes I can't believe this game launched without multiple hotbars you can switch between. Odd that they're using the mousewheel to switch between them instead of the established standard of hitting shift-and-a-number.

I have a coffee thing on Wednesdays--trying to make and keep local friends. My best days to play these days are usually Sun, Mon, Tue, and sometimes Friday (though not this Friday..I have a date, lol)

Though, I was just thinking the other day it's been some time since we've played and I've missed it...can we schedule in advance for one of those days?

Haze lab and antlions were fun :D
I like how the haze lab boss totally kicked our asses twice, so rather than giving up and waiting until we were more buff, we developed a different strategy and gave it a try. It was close but we persevered. That's the kind of gaming I find immensely satisfying.