[Brazelton] Grizzly Adams - Dan Haggerty

https://www.yahoo.com/tv/grizzly-adams-star-dan-haggerty-dies-74-161424622.html

When I was 8, he came to my home town for the grand opening of the local Mall. Late in the day my older brother took me to the public restroom. It was crowded with men laughing and joking. Dan Haggerty was sitting on top of this overbuilt trash can. He was drinking pony sized Budweisers and entertaining this impromptu crowd by flexing his chest muscles independently.

I was a little let down, but looking back nearly 40 years later, it was pretty darn cool.

I saw this, but didn't know how many people here would even remember who he was if he wasn't standing next to a bear. Or Denver Pyle.
This guy and "My Side of the Mountain" made living in the middle of nowhere acceptable to my ten year-old impressionable self.

--Patrick

I have absolutely no idea who he is. Even after reading the article. Complete blank.

Sad to see anyone die, of course, mind.

Oh my, I used to watch the series when I was a child. I don't remember much, and admittedly I wouldn't even have known if Mr. Haggerty was still alive.

But the name immediately rang a bell again, and this came to my mind:

Goddamn, I even knew the words still by heart. R.I.P. Dan Haggerty, cool guy with a bear I remember from my childhood days.