[NFL] Gridiron Wars (2016 NFL Off-Season Thread)

That "FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU..." you may have heard was A's management learning the Raiders are likely staying.

Whoever wins the lottery should buy them out and move the team. And ditch the green and gold. Finley is dead, and everything associated with him is better off buried as well. (I'm looking at YOU, DH!)

That sound you hear is A's management going "takeittakeittakeitTAKEIT."

They have a demolition crew on 24 hour standby to wipe out Mount Davis the instant the Rai-duhs ink a move. :p
The A's want a new stadium too. The Oakland Coliseum is beyond saving at this point.

Quick Oakland sports review:
Warriors: moving to San Francisco by 2019

Raiders: Moving soon, and it sounds like they'll go almost anywhere

A's: Trying to get a new stadium, and have said publicly they will leave the city or state if that's what it takes. This will happen in the next 3-5 years, I imagine.

Soon Oakland will be without any sports teams and finally take the crown of "Worst Fucking Place Ever"

Without Mount Davis and the Oracle Arena, the A's would have a better leverage to build a new facility on the site.

Today's focus, however:

Pack at 'Zona - The question is how many Green and Gold outfits will be in the stands at UofPS.
KC at NE - One year after Deflategate. Would be funny if they lost on a fumble.

Tomorrow:

Seachickens at Carolina - Who shows up: Super Cam or DangeRussell?
Pitt at Denver - Who'll see more snaps: Ben or Peyton?

Without Mount Davis and the Oracle Arena, the A's would have a better leverage to build a new facility on the site.

Today's focus, however:

Pack at 'Zona - The question is how many Green and Gold outfits will be in the stands at UofPS.
KC at NE - One year after Deflategate. Would be funny if they lost on a fumble.

Tomorrow:

Seachickens at Carolina - Who shows up: Super Cam or DangeRussell?
Pitt at Denver - Who'll see more snaps: Ben or Peyton?
Cards
Chiefs
Carolina
Peyton, oh, and Broncos win[DOUBLEPOST=1452966613,1452966436][/DOUBLEPOST]San Antonio is the 7th largest city in the US, has been named one of the top travel destinations in the US, and is in the middle of football crazy Texas. Raiders should move.

Would the Raiders be served being the third team in Texas, though?
Texas is huge, and they love football. I don't imagine they would have a hard time filling a stadium. But then again, I don't live there.

Oakland fans talk a big game about loyalty and fandom, but not many actually go to the games. And too many people wear Raiders gear for reasons other than fan loyalty. It's not nearly the quality fan base they claim to be.

Would the Raiders be served being the third team in Texas, though?
4 hour drive to Houston, 5 hour drive to Dallas with good traffic. San Antonio hosts a college bowl game that is always packed, and you ain't seen High School Football until you've been to Texas. Even our po-dunk town has a football stadium that will seat 12k, one-third of the population of town.

San Antonio would support it, would make it huge, and has a huge area to draw fans from including New Braunfels, San Marcos and Austin within a 1 hour drive radius. It's a huge market that LOVES football.

B

BErt

...regardless of the outcome of this game, @jwhouk I hate your stupid face.[DOUBLEPOST=1453005673,1453005155][/DOUBLEPOST]This is Larry Fitzgerald's world and we all just live in it.

I just hope they build the stadium north of San Antonio to make it easier for the rich folks from Dell and Samsung to drive down from Austin. Because San Antonio is a pretty poor city.

Zappit

Staff member
Wow. Packers tie it on a Hail Mary. Then they deflect a pass into the end zone to a Cards receiver.

Pretty sure that's one of best games of the playoffs this year.

In other news, Alex Smith is still standing on the line of scrimmage waiting for Andy Reid to give him a play. :facepalm:

Look, I'm glad my Patriots won, and that they looked like the Great team they were when everybody was healthy, but Reid's clock management abilities were a big help at the end today.

Dammit Panthers, we talked about this. My heart can't take this kind of punishment.

Now we gotta get ready for the Cardinals to come to town next week.

Sorry, my money's on the oldest professional football team in America making it to only their second Super Bowl in franchise history.

Cam, meet Larry.

Sorry, my money's on the oldest professional football team in America making it to only their second Super Bowl in franchise history.

Cam, meet Larry.
They meet once already, last year. ;)

It should be a good game, hopefully the Panthers can manage to play the whole game instead of just the first half.

Only if by some strange circumstances the Pats lose to the Broncos. And that ain't happening.
I think the Pats are going to take out the Broncos, but then they lost to them during the season, so who knows.

As far as the Superbowl goes, both the Panthers and Cardinals have had great seasons and neither should be counted out.

Zappit

Staff member
Is pass interference still a thing? It sure looks like the officials in Denver forgot in those last few minutes.

Still, good for Peyton. He's got one last chance.

Yeah, that game did not go the way I thought it would. I had figured it be a bit more back and forth, not a blow out. Our defense played lights out and SuperCam was on tonight.

I hope we can play as well in the Superbowl! :D