[NFL] Gridiron Wars (2016 NFL Off-Season Thread)

I have no regrets about sleeping through the season. By the time I get up, even the twitter waaangst from the game has scrolled on by.

I won my NFL league this week literally because my opponent had two guys on bye. Had he even thought about starting someone on his bench, he'd have beaten me.

Oh just need a new coach to turn it around. Have you heard about michigan's coach? He's done a great job.
Proof that being an asshole and being a good football coach are NOT mutually exclusive. The 49ers owners/front office were stupid and petty for chasing Harbaugh away.

Panthers almost gave me a heart attack several times last night. It was a great comeback by Indy. Aided by some bad calls by the refs, but what game doesn't have some borderline or outright wrong calls? Anyway, Panthers found that little extra to pull out the win.

And may I just say that Mike Tirico and Gruden really needed to stop repeating the same phrases. They wouldn't shut up about how Cam Newton is a big man and he can run the ball early on and then they wouldn't stop repeating that if Indy got the win, it'd be huge and just the turn around they'd need. Over and over and over.

And may I just say that Mike Tirico and Gruden really needed to stop repeating the same phrases. They wouldn't shut up about how Cam Newton is a big man and he can run the ball early on and then they wouldn't stop repeating that if Indy got the win, it'd be huge and just the turn around they'd need. Over and over and over.
Reminds me of the guy on the B (or is it C?) crew on Baseball Tonight. Kept using "on the bump" referring to the pitcher over and over and over and over again. Find another cliche, dude.

Another week, another nail-biting finish for the Panthers. We can't keep doing this. Need to put teams away or we are going to start losing games instead of pulling out a win.

B

BErt

Another week, another nail-biting finish for the Panthers. We can't keep doing this. Need to put teams away or we are going to start losing games instead of pulling out a win.
Looking at the rest of your schedule, I think you need to just relax and enjoy the fun team they're putting in the field. You guys lost your best receiver before the season started and your best running back is your quarterback. And you're undefeated. Have fun. Football is fun. And I'm saying this as a lions fan.

Yeah, still have to play Atlanta twice, but they just lost to the Titans of all people. It's hard for me to relax watching the Panthers because I have been a fan of theirs since the beginning and I remember all those seasons when we did really well at the start and then tanked the second half. I know, new coach, new players, and all that, but it still nags at me.

They've already made the playoffs (essentially), so you're good to go. A perfect season is nicec, but remember: the last team with a perfect season lost when it mattered.

Fucking Giants.

General: if this was January, I'd use a few choice cuss words and walk away. However, it appears we just gave you the NFC title. Yours to lose, kids.

Don't get me wrong, I think daily fantasy is very much gambling (in the same way as horse racing), but I find it very interesting that the two states with the biggest problems with it are Nevada and NY, with it's rather large horse racing interest. At least Nevada was honest about how they just want licensing money from them.

From what I can tell, that's new York's motives too.
Oh no doubt, but according to the State Attorney General in the article DA linked it's not. It's about protecting the community for the dangers and horrors of gambling. (and keeping Lottery revenue up no doubt)

First Sunday I've had off all season, and of course the Steelers are in their bye week. So I've still managed to not seen a minute of live NFL action this year.

Zappit

Staff member
Is there anybody who actually likes Rex Ryan as a human being? The guy comes off as an angry Junior High school teacher whose own dreams of glory were dashed years ago.

That's what makes him fun to watch.

I wouldn't want him anywhere near the Packers, of course, but he's fun to watch.

Rex's personality is fine. He likes to have fun, but he never really says anything disrespectful. You can tell he has a lot of respect for Belichick, he just has fun talking shit.

My issue with him is how he ruined our defense and has no concept of clock management.

Feels like they brought him back too early.
I recall a doctor commenting on ESPN about how long Romo would be out the first time, and how often previous patients of his would re-break their clavicles if they came back before about 8 weeks.

Oh, I don't mind at all. It was the perfect epithet for what happened.

Everyone in Cheesehead Nation waited for Cutler to Cutler. He never did.