Got a feeling '21 is gonna be a good year...

Especially if... we get to the weekend relatively unscathed. *fingers crossed*

Assuming we do, and the agenda can proceed as planned, this looks to be a profitable year personally already.

Plan A. The $1400 stimulus bill already passed the House. What will the new blue Senate do with it? I know what I'll do. That IKEA daybed I was looking at but couldn't afford this time last year. And a hefty chunk will still be left over.

Plan B. If AOC gets her way, and the $1400 becomes a straight $2000 instead. Get the catalytic converter replaced and take care of that P0420 code once and for all.

Plan C. Word is the Biden recovery plan includes monthly payments? In that case, do Plan B *and* the head gasket/water pump/serpentine belt replacement all Subarus of this vintage are recommended to undergo. Will add years, if not decades, to the life of my car.

Oh, and then there's still the whole reversing the travel ban, rejoining the Paris agreement, canceling the wall, rejoining the W.H.O, etc., etc.

2021 is looking like a better year for me as well.

After 2 years it looks like my divorce is finally going to happen. I'm going to have more time with my daughter Hailey this year once we sign the final paperwork. I'm starting to feel like I am having an impact in her life again, despite my ex's attempts to keep that from happening

I've been saving some money so I'll be able to treat Hailey to something fun this year. I was thinking Disneyland when it reopens.

I've taken out a loan from my 401K which paid off a credit card, giving me an extra $100 a month to work with. This year marks the beginning of a 5 year plan to rid myself of all debt minus my student loans. I have been fortunate to keep my job this year so any government assistance will go towards this goal and to lawyer fees.

I'm working on losing weight, and by the end of the year I'd like to be in the best shape that I've been in the last 10 years. I'd also like to get to a sleep clinic this first quarter and start doing something about my sleep apnea.

Trump is no longer a problem I have to worry about and Biden seems set to get this country back on track.

Dave

Staff member
My scale this morning read 189.9. I'm under 190 again for the first time in a few years. Last time it happened I went on vacation and met with you fuckers. I blame you all and Razoo's for making me fat again.

And this is in the 2021 thread not the health thread because optimism.

I just want a politically quiet year. Just give is a chance to catch our breath.
I was listening to Howard Stern a few weeks ago. He talked about listening to a Biden speech and feeling bored, because it lacked any bullshit, lies, exaggerations, or scandals. And then he talked about how wonderful it was to hear a boring speech from a president (president-elect at the time, but whatever).

It would be cathartic at this point to just not think about the president on a daily basis.

I don’t know. I want it to be a good year, and hopefully we’ll see some return to normal. I just have a bad feeling we’ll see another Oklahoma City type event, but worse, before it’s over. I hope I’m wrong though.

I’m adopting a dog tomorrow though! So maybe it won’t be all bad.

If Biden pushes back student debt payments towards the end of the year that will really help me out towards my goals. And if he ends up cancelling any amount of that debt I'll be on cloud 9.
I was set to pay a huge chunk on my student loans, even though payments don't start until December. I went in a few days ago and canceled that payment in the hopes that he does wipe it out.

I was set to pay a huge chunk on my student loans, even though payments don't start until December. I went in a few days ago and canceled that payment in the hopes that he does wipe it out.
Same.
It won't hurt me to continue making payments, and I have other, non-guaranteed loans I could erase, so I will instead focus on them.

--Patrick

My scale this morning read 189.9. I'm under 190 again for the first time in a few years. Last time it happened I went on vacation and met with you fuckers. I blame you all and Razoo's for making me fat again.

And this is in the 2021 thread not the health thread because optimism.
Dang dude, that's great. I need to stop being a depressed mess and exercise or just consider not eating trash. I'm like 230 right now.

Reactions: Cat