Good foods you hate.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well what are some foods that other people love and yet you can't stand?

for me here are a few things I can't stand.

C

Chibibar

Chinese Bitter melon.

I just can't stand the stuff but a bajallion people can't be wrong ;)

That and Stinky Tofu. (Cho-To-Fu) bleh!

North_Ranger

Staff member
Coffee, mushrooms and onions... Yech. For some reason I also dislike some Finnish delicacies such as carrot, rutabaga and potato casseroles.

Also I would say boiled cabbage, but I don't know how many people like that in the first place.

figmentPez

Staff member
Pickles. I can't understand why anyone would want to eat one plain. I don't even usually like them on my hamburgers.

Hershey's chocolate. Well, it's not that I can't stand it, but it's really poor chocolate. It's harsh and the sugar overpowers the chocolate flavor. Same goes for M&Ms.

Cajungal

Staff member
I also hate Hershey's chocolate. It's got the same consistency that I imagine baby spit up has.

I don't know about "good," but a lot of people down here love hog's head cheese, and I can't get anywhere near it without feeling sick.

Pickles. I can't understand why anyone would want to eat one plain. I don't even usually like them on my hamburgers.

Hershey's chocolate. Well, it's not that I can't stand it, but it's really poor chocolate. It's harsh and the sugar overpowers the chocolate flavor. Same goes for M&Ms.
Hershey quietly admits that their only "good" chocolate is the Special Dark. Everything else is pfft.

Umeboshi (sour pickled plum): super popular in Japan, but I wanted to rip my tongue out of my mouth the first time I bit into one.

Lasagna: my mom would find a food I REALLY liked, and then make nothing but that two or three days a week until I absolutely hated it.

Hamburger Helper: see above. It was both a side and the main course growing up.

Cajungal

Staff member
OH I thought of another one! Something parents make for their kids a lot: Macaroni and cheese with canned tuna stirred in. What... the hell?

I can think of very few foods that I outright hate. The only things I've ever eaten that have made me gag are cottage cheese and natto. Raw fish, innards, snails, whatever -- bring it on.

I really don't enjoy many "homestyle" meat-and-potatoes type dishes, though. My mom's a terrible cook--she finds anything with any amount of flavor "too spicy"--and so a 5-meal rotation of meatloaf, turkey, chicken, macaroni and cheese, and big hunks of overdone beef (steaks, briskets, etc. depending on the season) has left me with an aversion for these sort of meals. Lots of people find my mom's cooking delicious. I find it terribly bland and uninspired.

The definition of "good food" you people seem to be going with is not the one I would have gone with.

Also: brussel sprouts. They're like little demon cabbages that are pissed that they couldn't grow into real cabbages, and they're going to take it out on your tastebuds.

Any kinds of replacement meat. Tofu, Quorn, Veg-burgers., ugh. HANDS OFF MAH MEAT.

Also I don't like cauliflower.

There are people in this world who love macaroni and cheese with tuna mixed into it?

I...I think I need to go lie down for a while.

I don't like Carrot Cake.
I despise black licorice
Coffee is right out.
I've had single malt scotch and hated it.

Ugh, I can't STAND pickles! My roomate in college used to eat those straight out of the jar all the time. He always laughed when I refered to them as "Satan's Penis."

I don't care for baked beans, chili, tofu, cottage cheese, coffee or fish sticks.

Especially all together.

Status
Not open for further replies.