Gonna have a contest this week.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dave

Staff member
Okay, we have a number of prizes that we can give out. Some are going to be good and some are going to be only so-so. The contest will determine who gets prizes and in what order these prizes are given out...but not what the prize is.

The person who gets the last place (which may be as many as 7 people!) gets to choose from the list. Then #6 can either take that gift or choose a new unknown item from the list. And so on until all gifts have been seen. It's going to be brutal and bloody and fun!

I don't know what the contest is going to be quite yet as I don't know precisely how many prizes I have to give. The gift exchange will be done using the chat client so that everyone can see what's going on. The exchange will probably take a bit of time so we'll have to schedule it.

Dave

Staff member
Sort of. I'm providing the prizes and people get to steal them from others who may win them. So "dis gon b gud", indeed.

edit: Evilmike you fucker! I didn't even see the other text! Ya got me.

Dave

Staff member
There will be a total of 7 prizes. Now all I have to do is figure out what to do for the contest...

I don't know man... there's a lot of people on this board that I probably wouldn't want to see in a wet t-shirt... and I'm one of them.

Dave

Staff member
Okay, so here's what we're going to do.

• Starting today and continuing through Friday I will be giving a stream of letters and a category.
  • Participants will take these letters and make a saying out of them, preferably humorous.
  • Example: "FAMVT - The world will end when..." Someone could put "Frisky Argentinian Moose Develop Thumbs".
  • Everyone putting in an entry gets 1 point.
  • 1 entry per person. If someone enters more than 1 then only the first entry will be considered.
  • If someone likes your entry you get an additional point. 2 points for Love or Funny.
  • NO points will be taken away for negative votes.
  • At the end of the week I'll tally them up and the top 7 people get in for a prize.
Please note that the prizes are broken down as follows: 1 PS3 game, 1 PC game from a web site and 5 Steam games.
Monday's Acronym:
DKCORS
Category - What happened last weekend.
And.....GO!

What happened last weekend?

Drunken Kevin caused outstanding ruckus Saturday.

(Bonus points for true story? :))

B

BErt

Dark Knight Caused Online Relentless Squabbling.

...although that is probably everyday.

*scrolling down to see if anyone else thought of Dark Knight*
So far so good, I might have the best one...
*keeps scrolling*
Aw yes, this is gonna be goo-
*Sees BErt's post*
DAMMIT!

B

BErt

Well now I feel bad, since mine wasn't very good anyway. It does appear to be a self-fulfilling prophecy, however.

Mine was
Dark Knight Caught: Onomatopeia, Riddler, Scarecrow

Don't know if I lost points because BErt beat me to the Dark Knight connection though.

N

Namesake

Finally, a chance to use my degree in dumb word play.

Dick Kanye Can't Operate Real Songs.

KanyeShrug1.jpg

DKCORS
Category - What happened last weekend? Dave kept creating obscenely revolting stenches.

(bonus: 100% true story)

What happened last weekend?

Monday's headline:

Deity Knocked: Challenge Offends Religious Stalwarts

In a stunning move christian leaders worldwide rejected Jesus Christ. His descent in a glowing pillar of fire surrounded by angels was witnessed by every person on this planet, and peace and prosperity have reigned since his arrival just two weeks after Easter. However, christian leaders maintain that he is no longer needed. Many congregations are excommunicating individuals that profess a belief in his second coming. "We still believe in him, of course, but he's already given us the word, and now that he's 'clarifying' doctrine we've been teaching for centuries it's got our congregation in an uproar. We don't need him, right now, and wish he just stayed in heaven until the judgement bar when we'll need forgiveness. His command to 'come, follow me - again' is just an insult to us - what does he think we've been doing all these years?"

This is not the first time a deity has been rejected by his or her followers, and should the world survive the elements melting with a fervent heat at the end of his reign, it will not be the last time.

Dave

Staff member
Tuesday Letters:

HBCLB

Category: The world ended when...

(By the way, you can still put in for Monday's if you want. All sets of letters will be available until the contest closes on Friday. I will be tallying the results on Monday.)

Status
Not open for further replies.