Godzilla Raids Again

[CONTAINER][POSTER]
[/POSTER][MOVIE]Title: Godzilla Raids Again

Genre: [GENRE]Action[/GENRE], [GENRE]Disaster[/GENRE], [GENRE]Horror[/GENRE], [GENRE]Science Fiction[/GENRE], [GENRE]Foreign[/GENRE]

Director: [DIRECTOR]Motoyoshi Oda[/DIRECTOR]

Cast: [ACTOR]Hiroshi Koizumi[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Setsuko Wakayama[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Minoru Chiaki[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Takashi Shimura[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Masao Shimizu[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Seijirô Onda[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Sonosuke Sawamura[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Yoshio Tsuchiya[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Mayuri Mokusho[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Minosuke Yamada[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Yukio Kasama[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Senkichi Ômura[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Ren Yamamoto[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Shin Ôtomo[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Takeo Oikawa[/ACTOR]

Release Date: [RELEASE]1955-04-24[/RELEASE]

Runtime: [RUNTIME]82[/RUNTIME]

Plot: [PLOT]Two pilots are shocked when they see two giant monsters waging war before falling into the ocean. The two pilots race back to Japan to inform the government what they saw. Soon the world comes to the realization, that a monster closely related to the original Godzilla is on the loose as well as a new monster named Angilas. Soon, the two monsters arrive in Osaka where they resume their battle.[/PLOT][/MOVIE][/CONTAINER]

While it has the claim to fame of beginning the "Godzilla fights other monster" thing that became crucial to the kaiju sub-genre, this just isn't that enjoyable a movie. Then again, I've only seen the American edit.

Same here. I watched this Saturday morning. It suffers from having a pointless follow character. The first one had this problem as well, but seemed to do a better job making me care about the other characters and what was going on. Plus a much better horror mood.

I'm going to be making my way through what's on Netflix, next up is Godzilla vs. Mothra. (I'm going to skip Gidorah and Rodan, having seen both fairly recently on TCM).

Godzilla vs Mothra is one of my favorites from the Showa movies. I also have a soft spot for King Kong vs Godzilla, but that one never seems to be on Netflix.