[Question] GMail/Outlook issues

Okay, so this is frustrating me to no end because I can't find a solution and my Google-fu is seriously failing me.

My girlfriend uses a Hotmail account as her primary e-mail address. On her smartphone she uses the Gmail-app, because this syncs easier with Android.
Anyway, a few days ago, she had her phone out, but wasn't watching it closely. Upon looking back, she's apparently swiped something somewhere. Now, in her mail account on her phone, all her mails between mid-2009 and the day it happened are missing. When she logs in through hotmail.com on a desktop, all those mails are there. Also, all the contacts she's added in the past few months have suddenly gone missing.
I've tried restarting the phone, I've tried uninstalling and re-installing the Gmail app. I've tried synching manually. I've tried clearing the cache and re-downloading. No clue where to look further; I know my way around Windows, but I just get totally lost in these apps.

Okay, so this is frustrating me to no end because I can't find a solution and my Google-fu is seriously failing me.

My girlfriend uses a Hotmail account as her primary e-mail address. On her smartphone she uses the Gmail-app, because this syncs easier with Android.
Anyway, a few days ago, she had her phone out, but wasn't watching it closely. Upon looking back, she's apparently swiped something somewhere. Now, in her mail account on her phone, all her mails between mid-2009 and the day it happened are missing. When she logs in through hotmail.com on a desktop, all those mails are there. Also, all the contacts she's added in the past few months have suddenly gone missing.
I've tried restarting the phone, I've tried uninstalling and re-installing the Gmail app. I've tried synching manually. I've tried clearing the cache and re-downloading. No clue where to look further; I know my way around Windows, but I just get totally lost in these apps.
I assume you're looking for these settings:
gmail.png

--Patrick

Then I wonder if she accidentally told gmail to delete all the emails it got from hotmail.
This is assuming she has a gmail account which is scraping all the content from hotmail and then forwarding it to her device.

--Patrick

Then I wonder if she accidentally told gmail to delete all the emails it got from hotmail.
This is assuming she has a gmail account which is scraping all the content from hotmail and then forwarding it to her device.

--Patrick
Nope, no Gmail account. She has a Google account, but no actual GMail account (the app's used only as an IMAP client).

Perhaps she accidently archived all that email: If a message has been archived, you can find it by opening the All Mail label.

If that's the case, here's the process to unarchive it:

1. Expand the “More” side-tab, and then select “All Mail” to activate All Mail view. ...
  2. Right-click the archived email message that you want to unarchive.
  3. Click “Move to Inbox” on the context menu to unarchive the email message.
While these instructions are for the web view, there's a similar "All Mail" view in the app.

Perhaps she accidently archived all that email: If a message has been archived, you can find it by opening the All Mail label.

If that's the case, here's the process to unarchive it:

1. Expand the “More” side-tab, and then select “All Mail” to activate All Mail view. ...
  2. Right-click the archived email message that you want to unarchive.
  3. Click “Move to Inbox” on the context menu to unarchive the email message.
While these instructions are for the web view, there's a similar "All Mail" view in the app.
It's what I guessed, but I couldn't find the option. I'll try and find it when I'm back home :)