Ghostbusters

Status
Not open for further replies.

fade

Staff member
So...I just got this game. I'm not sure how I feel about it. It seems kind of hard actually. It's difficult to accurately aim the stream at ghosts zipping all over the place. And it doesn't take much to knock you down. I hate getting "Mission failed", and not really understanding exactly what went wrong. And then there's the death load time. I don't want to wait a whole minute every time I mysteriously fail a mission. I know that sounds spoiled, but that's a long time compared to most games.

On the good side: I'm playing a ghostbuster. A goofy looking one, but a ghostbuster nonetheless. The story is fun, and the original cast is fun to listen to. Except maybe Murray, who seems like he really doesn't want to be there. Maybe it's supposed to be Venkman who really doesn't want to be there. I don't know. I like that they put the damage costs in there. It's almost like an homage to the old Atari game. The story seems fun, too. And it's good to see the team's imagination with regards to other hauntings.

What did you guys think? I know I'm late to the party, so I'm sure a lot of you have played it.

figmentPez

Staff member
What version are you playing?

I played on PC, and it's a pretty good game. It's a little bland and unpolished in the actual gameplay, but there is fun to be had, and there's a lot of great dialog. It really feels like Ghostbusters.

I played through it once and it was good enough for me. It was definitely a lot of fun, especially for people like me who grew up on the movies.

But overall, it was worth a rental for me and that was about it.Played it on PS3 and it's still missing a great deal of trophies that I'm really not interested in trying to get the rest. I enjoyed it a lot, but it's not something I'd revisit.

Enjoy it, though, I say. :)

fade

Staff member
What version are you playing?

I played on PC, and it's a pretty good game. It's a little bland and unpolished in the actual gameplay, but there is fun to be had, and there's a lot of great dialog. It really feels like Ghostbusters.
I'm playing the PS3 version. I'm on "experienced" difficulty, just because the lower levels of difficulty are usually so softball. It's not an easy game. I guess that's a good thing. The jokes in the dialogue are pretty good.

I've heard a lot of complaints about Murray in this game. The rest of the cast (especially Dan Aykroyd) is a blast though..

I enjoyed it on the Wii (the motion controls actually felt like a true part of the game rather than a gimmick for once!) but I haven't played it since beating it. I usually include "replayability" as a factor in my decisions, so I would say Ghostbusters is average.

And yes, Murray totally phoned it in. As a Ghostbusters fanboy, I'm okay with that.

I don't know...I was sort of on the fence as to whether this was "phoning it in" or "sarcastic deadpan" sometimes. But yeah...I'm a total Ghostbusters fanboy, have been since I was three years old, so this game was completely worth it to me (bought it the day it came out).

Status
Not open for further replies.