Getting Old Versions of Hearts & Solitaire for My Father

Dad is looking to get a new laptop. The trackpad on the one he currently uses is going kaput. He only uses it for online banking, a bit of web-surfing, and printing things out. My brother-in-law is going to help him with that.

He also likes to play Hearts and Solitaire. However, he's dead set on certain versions of them. See, he also has this ridiculously outdated laptop that still runs on Windows XP. He only has it to play those specific versions of Hearts & Solitaire. He's tried later versions with later Windows versions, but he doesn't like them. He can't explain why but he says "It's not the same." Keep in mind, he's 86 years old and often needs a lot of help with anything related to technology.

For the sake of consolidating everything so he doesn't have to switch laptops just to play two card games, and to reduce a little bit a clutter, I'd REALLY like to get him these older versions. But I don't even know if that's possible.

This is a fairly simple guide to get at least solitaire transferred across to Win 10. I'd imagine it's just a matter of copying the Hearts executable to get that as well.

I can't help you with the XP versions, but the win7 versions are very close. I feel your father in that regard. I hate the newest versions.
Try googling "Win7Games4Win10_8_81_v2"

And be warned that Windows Update will tend to wipe it off your machine, so maybe keep the installation file handy.