[NHL] Generic-titled 2015 NHL Thread

Because I'm sick of Game of Thrones references.

Anywhom in his first preseason game, Jack Eichel had 1 goal and 1 assist. I'm heading to the Hockey Hall of Fame now to be first in line for his induction ceremony.

Man, I don't know the first thing about Hockey (Do you guys play the grass or ice variety? :p) but I'm glad the GoT reference is gone. Far too long have I thought "ooh, Game of..oh, no, never mind, it's just the hockey thread again". :p

Okay, I asked over on Hockey's Future and I'll ask here - WTH is so WRONG with that horn?
I think the wrongness resonates more with New Yorkers than us outsiders. It's basically just a subway train horn, and another clumsy attempt to Brooklyn-ify the franchise.

And honestly, compared to this? It's obvious...

Man, it was really great to watch Lightning's victory over the Stars in person. 2-2 right up until the last 4 minutes.

Seattle will eventually get its fecal matter together, and if the Yotes don't get driven out of the Valley, the Isles might jump at the chance to move into a new arena - even if it's a few thousand miles west.

Seattle will eventually get its fecal matter together, and if the Yotes don't get driven out of the Valley, the Isles might jump at the chance to move into a new arena - even if it's a few thousand miles west.
Suprised you didn't mention Toronto, the Idris Elba of hockey towns.

The old joke: Why doesn't Hamilton have an NHL hockey team? Because then Toronto would want one.

Toronto's problem is that they have over six million people in the city, and all six million think they could run the Leafs better than MLSE could.

No, the problem is the fans think that the business of MSLE is about winning championships. It's not, it's about making money, which they do very very well.

Like I did last year; here is my realistic projection/hope for the Leafs this year. I will be happy if they finish the season in the top half of the league in shots against.

Going into camp, we all thought at least one of the two young studs we signed in the off-season - Fiala and Moses - would be on the Preds' opening night roster.

Neither one is. They are both in Milwaukee, in favor of Anthony Bitetto.

Went to the Sabres game. My thoughts:

1) Eichel is gonna be a superstar. Best player out there for us.
2) The latter half of that statement isn't saying much.
3) You were right @jwhouk franson is garbage.
4) The NHL needs to change the challenge system. I don't care if a play started with the refs blowing the offsides call. A goal being scored 2 minutes laters shouldn't be reversed because of that.