[NHL] Generic-titled 2015 NHL Thread

Bernier making a statement for the number one starter in goal tonight.

It's a statement that says "not it".

I hate offsides challenges. I hate offsides challenges. I hate offsides challenges.
I'm surprisingly not that big a fan of coaches challenges in Hockey, period. I wouldn't mind seeing more intervention from the war room, but coaches calls just don't seem to be working as well as they do in the NFL and MLB.

It's because they are tied to a team's timeout.

I've always believed that having only one time out in hockey is archaic.

It's because they are tied to a team's timeout.

I've always believed that having only one time out in hockey is archaic.
Well there's enough TV timeouts to cover rest, and unlike basketball and football, a timeout in hockey won't stop the clock, so I'm not sure what real advantage more timeouts would give.

But the NFL's challenges are tied to the team's timeouts, and it works fine there. I'm trying to figure out exactly why I don't like it in the NHL, but I'm having trouble putting it into words.

What'd he say? RJ is definitely getting up there in years and makes some dumb mistakes.*

*This does not detract from the fact that he's a goddamn treasure and should be our play by play guy until the end of time.

If the league did an investigation to show that the refs had money on the Blackhawks I would not be surprised. They went into complete screwjob mode with like, 3 minutes left.

And of course, the rapist scored the tying goal and winning shootout goal. While the blackhawks fan next to me kept saying "why are they booing him over some whore?" Fuck the blackhawks I hope they don't win another game.

4-5, 4-5, 5-0, 7-4 wtf Leafs? 5 goals per game average in the last week? It's not the eighties heyday, cause I remember you in the 80's

Also Weber needs a mute button for his slap shot, too painful to watch when he its it. Makes me wonder about the physics of net construction.

I think every single Predator fan out there is saying to themselves, "Holy ####, Poile actually traded a defenseman!"

While we have very, VERY high hopes for RyJo, I'm not holding my breath.

Yeeeeesh.

and yet upon further review!!! Rielly for the Leafs led both teams in ice-time and was a ±0

Last edited:
Too bad we don't have another game vs. the Wild this season - we could really start the "JO-SI's BET-TER!" chant in place of constantly booing $uter.

I was bored and wanted something to have on in the background while playing Civ 4 for a bit and wound up on the all-star game. I really liked it. I am a casual watcher of the NHL, but wound up actually cheering on the teams. It looked like the players were all having a blast as well.