Gas Bandit's Surgery Recovery Comedy Extravaganza

Man, Mark's does have some really comfy shoes. I always get my shoes there.

They're also one of the only stores that carry 14s.

GasBandit

Staff member
Today was my 1 year follow-up visit to the doctor. I've lost 150 pounds over the year. My blood pressure is now 125/47 (that second number seems kinda low to me but the doc said it isn't anything to worry about unless I start showing symptoms of something). The holiday season brought my weight loss to a standstill, but hey, at least it didn't go back up.

So, time to get back on the horse and hit the gym and get back on the diet wagon after a month of carbs and sweets. I got a suit in my closet from college that I'd like to fit back into by this time next year, and I weighed about 220 back then. So! Round 2, fight!

That’s fantastic!!

I also have super low blood pressure and they don’t want to treat me either unless they have to. My only advice from my family doctor ? Eat more salt. So weird.

Keep an eye on it though, especially if you start having issues when you stand.

My only advice from my family doctor ? Eat more salt. So weird.
Salt is required for good health. Maybe he just thinks you aren't retaining enough fluids. Might be all the caffeine you drink is acting as a diuretic.

As for @GasBandit and his jerky treatment, only lead I noticed is that excessive mustard can cause "...lacrimation, hyperalgesia, inflammation, and neuroexcitation." So... watery eyes, increased sensitivity to pain, swelling/flush, and symptoms associated with panic attack. I couldn't find anything online that definitively drew a line between "spices" and "Bohemian spices" except for the prevalence of (brown) mustard and savory but what's gonna happen if your stick test says you can't eat Coney Dogs? (not that you can eat an entire one any more).

--Patrick

GasBandit

Staff member
As for @GasBandit and his jerky treatment, only lead I noticed is that excessive mustard can cause "...lacrimation, hyperalgesia, inflammation, and neuroexcitation." So... watery eyes, increased sensitivity to pain, swelling/flush, and symptoms associated with panic attack. I couldn't find anything online that definitively drew a line between "spices" and "Bohemian spices" except for the prevalence of (brown) mustard and savory but what's gonna happen if your stick test says you can't eat Coney Dogs? (not that you can eat an entire one any more).
I ate a lot of regular beef jerky last night and was just fine (Dad had gotten me two packs, one regular one "Bohemian Garlic").... so I'm guessing it's whatever was bohemian. I'll just deal with it when I learn what it is I'm allergic to. I mean, I'm already learning to live without bacon, sausage, and barbecue because the grease makes me vomit within minutes.... so I guess coneys wouldn't be the straw that broke any camels.

If it had been ALL beef jerky though... that might have been cause to just buy a bunch of benadryl tablets because at SOME point LIFE DOES STOP HAVING MEANING otherwise.

Imma wait until the doctor actually tells me I have an allergy that needs one of those, before I go dropping 5 hundos every six months on Shkreli McPunchableface.
Shkreli was a (despicable) hedge fund guy. You're thinking of Mylan CEO Heather Bresch.
I mean, not that you wouldn't punch both of them, given the opportunity.

--Patrick

GasBandit

Staff member
So it's been a while since my last update, and I still haven't hit my next milestone (in fact, eating regular food for lunch now has put 5 pounds back on me because now I'm actually eating things with salt again, even if it is just veggies), but today I finally had to bite the bullet and go shopping for new pants that fit me, since I'd only had one pair that "kinda" fit me, and I can't dress like a beach bum at work any more.

I've gone from a 60 inch waist to a 46 inch waist. So I got that going for me. Which is nice.

Dave

Staff member
Okay I'll ask. You look great, but what's up with the discoloration on your legs? Birth marks or bruising?