Gas Bandit's Surgery Recovery Comedy Extravaganza

Those super high protein shakes can leave you feeling surprisingly full. I was sceptical until I relied on them for a while. I was so glad to have them though. How long do you think your diet will be this restrictive?

I’m really hoping that your recovery goes well :)

GasBandit

Staff member
A spit towel, then. It’ll be worth it just for the confused stares.
I do believe it's called a burp cloth. Did not really expect to have a conversation where it was needed for an adult.
There's too much... Ejected material for that to work.

I'll just have to be extra careful about portions when I'm not at home.

Oh hey, I didn't think about that.
Gas may never belch a proper manly belch again.

--Patrick
That is... distressing. Still, if it works out like I hope it will, I guess it will be worth it.[DOUBLEPOST=1516601358,1516601289][/DOUBLEPOST]
Those super high protein shakes can leave you feeling surprisingly full. I was sceptical until I relied on them for a while. I was so glad to have them though. How long do you think your diet will be this restrictive?

I’m really hoping that your recovery goes well :)
They are filling, but low calorie. They're useful but I need something solid too.

GasBandit

Staff member
You know, I wake up, and I feel pretty good. Almost like my old self.

Then I take a shower, and it's the most exhausting thing I've ever done, and all I want to do afterwards is just lie back down and sleep.

But I gotta go to work.

Anyway, today I start taking the multivitamins. Lesse how well I tolerate them.

I know that absorption of vitamins/minerals can be boosted/cut based on what they’re taken with, or even what they’re combined with, so since your opportunity is reduced, I wondered if they were formulated with this in mind OR came with instructions (take with/without food, avoid taking with iron/calcium supplements, etc).

—Patrick

GasBandit

Staff member
Your recent discomfort probably helped reinforce your aversion.

—Patrick
Mehhh, more like the fact that now that I'm actually getting something of substance eat, I don't turn into a wereglutton at the first sniff of food.

My previous lapse, if you recall, was coming down off of 2 weeks of literally nothing.

Though, the fact that eating stuff sometimes hurts probably did reinforce my resolve a little.

GasBandit

Staff member
The big guessing game these days is "Why does my stomach hurt a little?

Did I eat too much?
Did I not eat recently enough?
Did I eat something that is now disagreeing with me?
Is it just gas?
Did I not drink enough water?
Did I drink too much water too fast?
Is it just regular old "healing from surgery" pain?

It's very hard to tell which, they all pretty much feel the same right now. And guessing wrong can have inconvenient consequences. If the cause is I'm actually really hungry (and can't tell, yes, that's a thing) and I misinterpret it as "I need water," well, an hour later I'll wonder why I'm about to collapse from exhaustion. If the problem is "I am too full" and I misinterpret that as "I need water," well, see sunday's post.

GasBandit

Staff member
Doctor's appointment today for followup. He's really pleased with how things are going. He wants me to start exercising (which I've intended to, it's just my energy level has been so freaking low). Also he says as I start to be able to tolerate food more, to lower my protein shake input to 1 per day. Which kinda confuses me, given that I was easily going on 2-3 per day before surgery, but hey, he's the doctor. Next appointment in 4 more weeks.

That's my workbench. Yeah. That CRT wasn't even new when I started here. It's a MAG InnoVision DJ700, circa 1998. Still works, though. Good enough for a workbench, anyway.
My home work bench still has a monitor that came with my pc I bought in 1995. But my office is awash in flat panel monitors, hell I am running 3 monitors on my pc now. Each time we do product replacement every 4-6 years nobody turns in the old monitor.