Gas Bandit's Political Thread V: The Vampire Likes Bats

One of the reasons for the shortage is that it turns out a large proportion of drugs are made in Puerto Rico, which for some reason is having difficulty with its manufacturing these days.

--Patrick

One of the reasons for the shortage is that it turns out a large proportion of drugs are made in Puerto Rico, which for some reason is having difficulty with its manufacturing these days.

--Patrick
It's their own fault for not investing more into getting white people to live there... duh.

GasBandit

Staff member
It's their own fault for not investing more into getting white people to live there... duh.
As a friend of mine's father often used to say, "Don't hire white people. They don't want to work, they just feel entitled to a paycheck."

He was manager of an Olive Garden when I was in high school. Yes, he is white. He actively sought out hispanic candidates for any position he had open.

Probably government shutdown in the next few minutes. Anyone wanna guess how long it'll go for this time?

I'm guessing it'll be back on by Tuesday. I don't see either side wanting to drag it out this time.

McConnell and whatever bootlicking tub of goo the majority whip is couldn't deliver all of their own party's votes, so naturally it's the Democrats' fault.

Fuck the GOP. IDGAF what "divide" it causes. There's not a single stinking one of them left that isn't a vile sack of shit.

Got a problem with that? Still supporting the GOP? You're the problem, not me.

Remember when McConnell filibustered his own bill?

Or when he blamed Obama after they overrode his veto, for not telling them about the consequences of the bill for long enough?

McConnell and whatever bootlicking tub of goo the majority whip is couldn't deliver all of their own party's votes, so naturally it's the Democrats' fault.

Fuck the GOP. IDGAF what "divide" it causes. There's not a single stinking one of them left that isn't a vile sack of shit.

Got a problem with that? Still supporting the GOP? You're the problem, not me.
Quick point, this vote was under cloture rules, needed 60 votes to pass, Reps only have 51 in the Senate. So spread the blame across the aisle too.

Also, agencies were instructed to use forward funds to keep as much as possible open.

ALL of this just goes to the fact that neither party in the House has done their actual job in years, pass a budget. Basically the government has been running on continuing resolutions for close to 20 years now.

Quick point, this vote was under cloture rules, needed 60 votes to pass, Reps only have 51 in the Senate. So spread the blame across the aisle too.

Also, agencies were instructed to use forward funds to keep as much as possible open.

ALL of this just goes to the fact that neither party in the House has done their actual job in years, pass a budget. Basically the government has been running on continuing resolutions for close to 20 years now.
It didn't even have 50 votes in the Senate though (McCain is absent from all of this due to cancer treatment).

5 Dems voted for it... which was really a missed chance, they should have just have 10 do it, since only 45 Reps did, so it wouldn't have passed, but it would have taken away any argument that it was because of them...

Oh, who am i kidding, Trump and Turtle-man would have used the same argument anyway...

While I'm a bit disappointed the Dems gave in for me, I can't fault them for taking lonnterm CHIP funding. They can still fight for DACA in a few weeks and given that most republicans want it too, it should be fine as long as trump doesn't say something else really dumb by then, since the "shithole" thing will be old news by then.

Ok I'm no longer optimistic.

3d401cmmglb01.jpg

Saw this yesterday and it made me sad, until in conversation I learned of the expression "You're not truly a mother until you lose a child." And then I got morose.

Really makes you think about how quickly the world changed in the 20th century.

Yes, that was the narrative presented, but felt rather crude. We have certainly changed to a society of small families with the invention of vaccines.

Dave

Staff member
Yes, that was the narrative presented, but felt rather crude. We have certainly changed to a society of small families with the invention of vaccines.
Especially since they all died of accidental poisoning. They were given medicine for diphtheria that was too old and had turned poisonous.

Dave

Staff member
That says they were tossing it around. I was thinking it was thrown in anger but that's not accurate.

Sorry, didn’t mean to give that impression. Just showing they can’t handle a 3rd grade concept.

Last edited by a moderator: